No announcement yet.

Shaq Barrett > Bradley Chubb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignoring ILB and OT and not sending people to scout pro days for Josh Allen and Lamar Jax, passing on Nelson for Chubb....

These are moves that might DOOM this team in the near future.

Only way we survive Elway’s draft incompetence is if Drew Lock somehow defies the odds and becomes a top tier QB or if DEN walks away from this dismal campaign with a top draft picks that nets them a franchise QB...

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      I shudder to think about our defense in 2 years with Chubb and Simmons Making 20 mil each.
      I don't think either player is in Denver in 2 years.

Comment

All I have to say about this is that hindsight is 20-20. Of course Barrett is the better player right now than Chubb. Our 2018 5th overall pick is essentially in his redshirt sophomore year in the NFL after missing most of last year with a torn ACL (and even now he’s not 100%). He is still developing and getting comfortable post-injury. Chubb was the best defensive player in the 2018 NFL Draft and he was the BPA at our pick (arguably tied with Quenton Nelson).
        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

I keep seeing comments about him still recovering and not 100% so then why is he on the field? What good is he if not healthy
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
            Ignoring ILB and OT and not sending people to scout pro days for Josh Allen and Lamar Jax, passing on Nelson for Chubb....

These are moves that might DOOM this team in the near future.

Only way we survive Elway’s draft incompetence is if Drew Lock somehow defies the odds and becomes a top tier QB or if DEN walks away from this dismal campaign with a top draft picks that nets them a franchise QB...
            I'm right there with you on Josh Allen now. What was the knock on him? He's completing 71% of his passes right now. There's only one quarterback completing a higher percentage of passes while throwing the ball that far down field on average. Lamar Jackson. But, I really don't fault Elway for passing on Jackson, because he has completely transformed from what I saw in college. I don't think I can remember a quarterback changing that much over their first two years in the NFL. Our coaching staff coached Allen in the Senior Bowl, if I remember correctly. I don't know how much coaching the Senior Bowl impacts scouting, but you'd think that if anyone had an educated guess about Allen, it would have been the Broncos. It could be that they did like him, but they were really high on Chubb...I don't know. I think Chubb has gotten a raw deal so far, so I'm not even close to judging him yet. I also liked Nelson. A lot of the posters in here did. There was a lot of talk in here about how teams aren't supposed to take a guard that early, but it was pretty obvious from the start how good he was.

I'm not ready to pass judgement on Lock either. He'll get back at some point here in the near future, and the main thing I'm hoping to see is improvement. If he rallies the team, and we win some games then great. I'd be way happier drafting in the middle of the 1st round knowing that we have something to work with, than the alternative. Wondering if we have a shot at Lawrence or potentially looking at Fields or Lance, and discussing the prospect of shopping Lock for a 3rd rounder.

As far as the OP goes, I don't really know what to do there. Who the hell knew Barrett was going to produce the way he has in TB? I guess if anyone should have, it's the Broncos front office, but I don't think anyone saw Barrett's 2019 season coming. I'm thinking maybe Todd Bowles is the best thing that ever happened to Shaq.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              I keep seeing comments about him still recovering and not 100% so then why is he on the field? What good is he if not healthy
              I guess his knee is almost 100% or close to it but mental part is huge in getting back after acl. For most of us it takes time to trust the knee again.

Comment

People need to chill out. Chubb needs to step up, no doubt but this defense has zero pass rush. Chubb is getting zero help and prob is getting doubled(could be wrong I have no facts). Bucs have a good front 7 that can generate pressure. They also blitz a ton because they got two great MLB. We have a MLB that thinks he’s a dinosaur and the other belongs only on special teams only. We had two rookie corners playing yesterday which allows Brady to release that ball in two seconds to avoid any pass rush period.

I liked Shaq when he was here but I saw nothing from him that would make me think he would be a dominate edge rusher. He has his opportunities when Ware went down and he was good but NO ONE thought he was going to be a 18 sack player last year. Shaq has 0 sacks going into this game and he had the opportunity to play against a scrub Tackle + motivation+ a better healthier D. Long term I’m still taking Chubb over Shaq.

This a lost season where I think almost all players are going to look bad. Too many injuries in key spots that will hurt us. Having rookie corners playing will hurt our pass rush, having no LB that can cover, run game is going to look bad because we have no passing game, we don’t have a passing game because our tackles (mostly RT) aren’t good. I feel bad for Lock when he comes back because I think it will be a similar story. I do expect it to look a little better but I’d expect him to get beat up and get pressured a lot
                Last edited by Murph2432; 09-28-2020, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  Chubb had a sack and still isn’t 100% off his ACL. Dont fall into the media pitfall of overreacting to every single game/loss
                  it isn't pitfall...it's true. Quenton nelson was the better choice. They could have kept barrett instead of drafting Chubb and we could have had a good OLB AND the best OG in the league. I said it then and I'm saying it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                    He is triple-teamed every snap, and when he isn't he is getting held, trust me, he sees so much attention out there.
                    this is a joke, right?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      it isn't pitfall...it's true. Quenton nelson was the better choice. They could have kept barrett instead of drafting Chubb and we could have had a good OLB AND the best OG in the league. I said it then and I'm saying it again.
                      I was def 100% for getting Nelson, big Irish Fan. However, your statement is easy to say now then back then. Not a single person in these chats thought Barrett was going to get 18 sacks. No one was claiming he was going to be a top tier edge rusher last year. I liked Barrett and thought he was good during his starting roles when Ware was hurt but didn’t think he was anything that crazy special. The one thing Barrett has going for him now is Buc have a good front 7. They tend to blitz a lot. They got MLB that can rush and cover. We have none of that. So even if Barrett was here in place of Chubb, I’d bet he’d be in the same boat as Chubb rn and fans would still be complaining. While we didn’t get Nelson we do have a good guard now in his spot. While they are on different levels atm, Risner will def be a higher tier G in this league. One more factor to put in there, Shaq had zero sacks and not much of a factor in the two previous games until he game here where he played against bottom tier Tackles, a back up QB, and he had motivation coming into this game. People need to stop overreacting and playing the “ if only we got blah blah instead” game.

Comment

I will defend Chubb, He isn't 100 percent yet. I will defend Elway, even though I really liked Barrett, no one in the league believed Shaq Barrett could get 18 sacks.

Bradley Chubb didn't come out and dominate last year through 4 games the way I felt he should have. There are some other factors that have allowed Barrett to get all those sacks and they dominate the other teams OL a lot. No one in there right mind trades Chubb after the rookie year he put up, and no gives us the value he should get with this injury.

For the record I hate losing just as much as the next guy. This team isn't playing well right now and there are some player and coaching issues that must improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                          I was def 100% for getting Nelson, big Irish Fan. However, your statement is easy to say now then back then. Not a single person in these chats thought Barrett was going to get 18 sacks. No one was claiming he was going to be a top tier edge rusher last year. I liked Barrett and thought he was good during his starting roles when Ware was hurt but didn’t think he was anything that crazy special. The one thing Barrett has going for him now is Buc have a good front 7. They tend to blitz a lot. They got MLB that can rush and cover. We have none of that. So even if Barrett was here in place of Chubb, I’d bet he’d be in the same boat as Chubb rn and fans would still be complaining. While we didn’t get Nelson we do have a good guard now in his spot. While they are on different levels atm, Risner will def be a higher tier G in this league. One more factor to put in there, Shaq had zero sacks and not much of a factor in the two previous games until he game here where he played against bottom tier Tackles, a back up QB, and he had motivation coming into this game. People need to stop overreacting and playing the “ if only we got blah blah instead” game.
                          I said back then that Barrett was close to, if not better than Chubb.

Everyone in football knows that without an Oline, you have nothing. It doesn't matter how many pass rushers or fast WR you have.
                          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 09-28-2020, 07:36 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I said back then that Barrett was close to, if not better than Chubb...
                            Not saying you didn’t but I’d like to see that statement. Did you ever think he was going to get 15+ sacks? Even if we would have kept him here, I highly doubt he’d be doing any better on this current roster than Chubb is. While I was big on Nelson over just about any player, I still take Chubb over Barrett long term. We would all be complaining about paying Barrett $15m rn now for no production lol

Comment

Everyone in football knows that without an Oline, you have nothing. It doesn't matter how many pass rushers or fast WR you have.
                              I don’t think anyone disagrees with you on the oline and that’s not even what this post is about. Based on what you said you would have selected Nelson over Chubb. Yet, our tackles would still suck and we’d be in the same boat as we are now. Chubb and Barrett have nothing to do with this years draft. Yes, I think we can all agree would should have went OT in the second over Hamler. You have an issue with Elway more than anything. Which we can all agree on that as well. But once again this post is about Chubb vs Barrett.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                                Not saying you didn’t but I’d like to see that statement. Did you ever think he was going to get 15+ sacks? Even if we would have kept him here, I highly doubt he’d be doing any better on this current roster than Chubb is. While I was big on Nelson over just about any player, I still take Chubb over Barrett long term. We would all be complaining about paying Barrett $15m rn now for no production lol
                                That's very likely true. and no, I didn't think he would do as well as he did last season.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X