Shaq Barrett > Bradley Chubb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiz View Post
    Ok. So what exactly is the point of this thread?
    Not sure if it is a Captain Hindsight Thread of a person who thinks we should have drafted his guy saying I told you so but it has the feel of one of those

Guess it could just be another negative thread after a loss

Like was posted in the game day thread yesterday...as long as people follow the rules it is all good

edit - Went back and read the post. Should have had more than one drink from my coffee to properly engage my reading skills

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    We used a 5th overall pick on him. 5th overall means if you aren’t a game changer by year three, you are a bust. I am furious Elway took Chubb over Quenton Nelson, which was a huge position of need.
    Last edited by Hadez; 09-28-2020, 07:03 AM.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      this is a joke, right?
      That is from some feelings from a post about games when Vance was our HC
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
        Not saying you didn’t but I’d like to see that statement. Did you ever think he was going to get 15+ sacks? Even if we would have kept him here, I highly doubt he’d be doing any better on this current roster than Chubb is. While I was big on Nelson over just about any player, I still take Chubb over Barrett long term. We would all be complaining about paying Barrett $15m rn now for no production lol
        It was after Chubb was drafted but before they let Barrett walk.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...bb-Hype/page51

IMO, Barrett isn't much behind Chubb, if he is behind at all. Barrett does better in run defense, imo, and may be the better overall player.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
          Not saying you didn’t but I’d like to see that statement. Did you ever think he was going to get 15+ sacks? Even if we would have kept him here, I highly doubt he’d be doing any better on this current roster than Chubb is. While I was big on Nelson over just about any player, I still take Chubb over Barrett long term. We would all be complaining about paying Barrett $15m rn now for no production lol
          No one thought he was going to do as good as he is in TB.

Part of it is Shaq picked a team where he thought he would get a lot of pass rush chances not only from defense of the team he was going to but their opponents. Kudos to Shaq for taking less money to go to the right team.

I also do not think Shaq, Ware, Von or Chubb will have the kind of years in Vic system that they did in Wade's system. Different kind of defense. Wade was an attacking aggressive go after the QB HARD defense while playing man to man...very similar to the kind of defense TB is running in terms of blitz heavy go after QB HARD with aggressive play while playing man to man.

Comment

It was after Chubb was drafted but before they let Barrett walk.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...bb-Hype/page51

IMO, Barrett isn't much behind Chubb, if he is behind at all. Barrett does better in run defense, imo, and may be the better overall player.
            Thank you for sharing.

Comment

it isn't pitfall...it's true. Quenton nelson was the better choice. They could have kept barrett instead of drafting Chubb and we could have had a good OLB AND the best OG in the league. I said it then and I'm saying it again.
              Even if Barrett came back, he wouldn’t have been a reason to not draft Chubb. He didn’t show a ton here, that’s why he only got a 1 year deal in FA. And even though he had an amazing season last year, now he has to prove it wasn’t a fluke.

Nelson will probably have a HoF career, I said as much in the draft process, but Nelson isn’t going to make Wilkinson play better at RT. Risner may not be as good as Nelson and while I think he’s regressed so far this season he can still be an elite LG in the NFL. If/when Chubb gets back to form it will likely be a wash in terms of Nelson/Barrett and Chubb/Risner in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                Even if Barrett came back, he wouldn’t have been a reason to not draft Chubb. He didn’t show a ton here, that’s why he only got a 1 year deal in FA. And even though he had an amazing season last year, now he has to prove it wasn’t a fluke.

Nelson will probably have a HoF career, I said as much in the draft process, but Nelson isn’t going to make Wilkinson play better at RT. Risner may not be as good as Nelson and while I think he’s regressed so far this season he can still be an elite LG in the NFL. If/when Chubb gets back to form it will likely be a wash in terms of Nelson/Barrett and Chubb/Risner in the long term.
                Totally disagree. Having a solid front 3 allows the QB to step in the pocket and escape outside rush. If we had kept Barrett, they wouldn't hvad had such a need for an OLB and they could have drafted the best player in the draft...Nelson, who would have been able to solidify the middle which would hide the deficiencies of the OT a great deal.

It would only be a wash if Chubb or Risner is ever considered to be one of the best in the game at their position which is highly unlikely and besides that...we could have had both Risner AND Nelson, not one or the other along with Barrett, which is what they should have done.

Barrett, Nelson, Risner is much much better than Chubb, Risner
                Last edited by broncos SB2010; 09-28-2020, 10:29 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

This team is on its way to its fourth straight losing season. The Jets and Browns are probably the only 2 other teams as bad as the Broncos over that stretch, and Browns are starting to turn it around (leaving just us and the Jets)

Lots of mistakes have to be made to get this bad. Poor drafting, bad free agents, letting the wrong players walk, etc. etc.

Rehashing each mistake is a pointless endeavor. Because, obviously, had they done everything right, we wouldn't be having this conversation. We're a bad team, bad teams make lots of mistakes, that's how they get so bad and stay bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                    This team is on its way to its fourth straight losing season. The Jets and Browns are probably the only 2 other teams as bad as the Broncos over that stretch, and Browns are starting to turn it around (leaving just us and the Jets)

Lots of mistakes have to be made to get this bad. Poor drafting, bad free agents, letting the wrong players walk, etc. etc.

Rehashing each mistake is a pointless endeavor. Because, obviously, had they done everything right, we wouldn't be having this conversation. We're a bad team, bad teams make lots of mistakes, that's how they get so bad and stay bad.
                    We will see on Thursday...
                    sigpic

Comment

this is a joke, right?
                      I just thought we might be able to use the same excuse and made up narrative so many used for Miller over the last several years as his impact has declined?

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                        I just thought we might be able to use the same excuse and made up narrative so many used for Miller over the last several years as his impact has declined?
                        hahahahashaha
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Do not over estimate Cincy they going to make getting a top pick difficult on us. Do not know NYG as well but they will lose more than they win. Atlanta has talent but they been losing with their talent for a while....is there such thing as a multi year SB hang over? Maybe when a team loses like they did.

I can see Det with double digit loses. Jax has done a lot of talent purging and should lose a lot of games in 2020.

Not exact sure what is up with Philly and Min...they better than their record. Those teams should have winning records. There are some other teams I have not figured out yet like Mia and Wash (tech lead the div )

Comment

i disagree. i would say right now Chubb=Barrett. they both have there own strength. but they are both elite pass rushers in the nfl.
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

It doesn't really matter, they are both really good, hopefully Chubb gets back to full pre-injury status...but getting rid of Shaq was a terrible decision that almost certainly involved the politics of bringing in a first round pick, having Von, and not doing the proper talent evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
                                It doesn't really matter, they are both really good, hopefully Chubb gets back to full pre-injury status...but getting rid of Shaq was a terrible decision that almost certainly involved the politics of bringing in a first round pick, having Von, and not doing the proper talent evaluation.
                                He never had more than 5.5 sacks in a season and that was his rookie year, his last year here he had 3 sacks. No one expected him to do what he did last season not even the Bucs who only signed him to a 1 year deal

Comment

Working...
                                X