Shaq Barrett > Bradley Chubb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    He never had more than 5.5 sacks in a season and that was his rookie year, his last year here he had 3 sacks. No one expected him to do what he did last season not even the Bucs who only signed him to a 1 year deal
    I dont know why he looks faster now. I think he got a good chunk of starts but he looked like a good rotational piece here.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      He never had more than 5.5 sacks in a season and that was his rookie year, his last year here he had 3 sacks. No one expected him to do what he did last season not even the Bucs who only signed him to a 1 year deal
      I mean I would never have bet 19.5 sacks in my life, but it was obvious to me as a casual observer that he was at least a strong starting quality player and pass rusher in a quality rotation (something hard to come by). But it's not surprising to me that we dropped the ball on him.

Comment

Chubb with 2.5 sacks including the game sealer late. Tonight was hopefully a breakout night for Chubb.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
          I mean I would never have bet 19.5 sacks in my life, but it was obvious to me as a casual observer that he was at least a strong starting quality player and pass rusher in a quality rotation (something hard to come by). But it's not surprising to me that we dropped the ball on him.
          And he wanted to start which is why he didn’t accept our offer

Comment

Chubb had 5 tackles tonight (3 solo), 2 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, and 5 QB hits. Seems like maybe he's woken up. Hopefully he makes us re-visit this again this year.

EDIT: For comparison sake, last week Barrett had 6 tackles (5 solo), 3 TFL, 2 sacks and 2 QB hits.

So it would seem they're fairly equal right now.
            Last edited by Butler By'Note; 10-01-2020, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Now we just need Chubb to start doing this consistently. I said last week this thread was an overreaction.

Comment

He tore his ACL. You guys are too harsh on these players
                -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                  He tore his ACL. You guys are too harsh on these players
                  Exactly. Post like this is the reason I don't come to the boards as much as I used to. People never played football or had an injury a day in their life. It takes a while to get over a serious injury. You don't just bounce right back.
                  Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Chubb is back baby. These last 2 games he has looked better then he did as a rookie. Let's hope he can be our khalil mack. That's the role Fangio wants him to play
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

I liked Barrett but I still prefer Chubb. Maybe someday we will get our dream of watching him and Von wreck qbs.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
                        We go all in with our high draft picks even if they are underperforming guys who were drafted in later rounds. BB and the Patriots have no problem ditching high draft picks I'd they don't perform. BB would've traded Chubb instead of letting Barrett walk.
                        But Chubb is good and under his rookie contract... there's no reason to trade him.
                        sigpic
                        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
                          We go all in with our high draft picks even if they are underperforming guys who were drafted in later rounds. BB and the Patriots have no problem ditching high draft picks I'd they don't perform. BB would've traded Chubb instead of letting Barrett walk.
                          BB? You mean the guy who lost today?
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Bradley Chubb has created nine combined pressures since Week 4, according to Sportradar, tied for Shaquil Barrett and Aaron Donald for the NFL lead during that stretch. The difference: Chubb has only played two games in that span; Barrett and Donald have each played three.
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                              This game was evident that Shaq is better than Chubb. Good for Shaq. I always like him. He is one of the best in the league.

But I am unhappy with Chubb. We used a 5th overall pick on him. 5th overall means if you aren’t a game changer by year three, you are a bust. I am furious Elway took Chubb over Quenton Nelson, which was a huge position of need.

The sad part is that this year is a waste, everyone will blame injuries, we won’t know if we have a franchise QB or not, and Elway will be back to destroy the team next year.
                              when chubb ends the season with more Sacks then Barrett, this will look even worst. right now Barrett has 4.0 sacks and Chubb has 5.5
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

when chubb ends the season with more Sacks then Barrett, this will look even worst. right now Barrett has 4.0 sacks and Chubb has 5.5
                                At the time of the post, Chubb had zero sacks after three games. Barrett had several. I standby my comment Chubb has not fulfilled expectations of a fifth overall pick and the Broncos should have signed Barrett to an extension early on instead of drafting Chubb.

Comment

Working...
                                X