Shaq Barrett > Bradley Chubb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaq Barrett > Bradley Chubb

This game was evident that Shaq is better than Chubb. Good for Shaq. I always like him. He is one of the best in the league.

But I am unhappy with Chubb. We used a 5th overall pick on him. 5th overall means if you aren’t a game changer by year three, you are a bust. I am furious Elway took Chubb over Quenton Nelson, which was a huge position of need.

The sad part is that this year is a waste, everyone will blame injuries, we won’t know if we have a franchise QB or not, and Elway will be back to destroy the team next year.

Chubb had a sack and still isn’t 100% off his ACL. Dont fall into the media pitfall of overreacting to every single game/loss

Comment

Chubb is coming off an ACL, next year is when he will be truely 100 percent again
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Is it really an overreaction after a season and a half?

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          Chubb had a sack and still isn’t 100% off his ACL. Dont fall into the media pitfall of overreacting to every single game/loss
          Chubb did NOT have a sack. He has ZERO sacks this year. Injury or not, he has not lived up to the expectations of a 5th overall pick.

And more broadly, when CAN we say make statements that aren’t overreacting? When can we say Elway’s choices have hurt the team? After a loss to the Jets on Thursday night? At the end of a season? Two more seasons of losing? Three? No more excuses!

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
            Chubb is coming off an ACL, next year is when he will be truely 100 percent again
            So what was his excuse last year in the first three games?
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

He is triple-teamed every snap, and when he isn't he is getting held, trust me, he sees so much attention out there.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                Chubb did NOT have a sack. He has ZERO sacks this year. Injury or not, he has not lived up to the expectations of a 5th overall pick.

And more broadly, when CAN we say make statements that aren’t overreacting? When can we say Elway’s choices have hurt the team? After a loss to the Jets on Thursday night? At the end of a season? Two more seasons of losing? Three? No more excuses!
                This year is a major regression from last year. Pat Shurmer is supposed to be a wise veteran compared to Rich Scangarello, maybe he is but he can't take this offense to the next level. He has a lot of offensive talent, an OC's dream. The O-Line has some new players but is that the problem? idk. Maybe. Something good better come out of the OC soon! Thursday is coming and the last thing we need is another prime time massacre.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                  I mean, we have to figure out if we are going to exercise his fifth year option after this season, to the tune of $20 million or so. We don’t have time to wait!

I have never seen Bronco fans so patient as they are with Elway. His picks have failed to live up to expectations and his coaches can’t coach.

Comment

Ok. So what exactly is the point of this thread?
                    sigpic

Comment

I mean, we have to figure out if we are going to exercise his fifth year option after this season, to the tune of $20 million or so. We don’t have time to wait!

I have never seen Bronco fans so patient as they are with Elway. His picks have failed to live up to expectations and his coaches can’t coach.
                      The point is we could have a edge rushers Von Miller and Shaq Barrett with Quenton Nelson anchoring our O-line. But Elway chose Chubb. I am not cool with being 0-3, on pace for a fifth straight losing season. You might be, or you might blame it injuries, but I can’t take this anymore.

Comment

He definitely tackled Brady before he hit the LOS, even though he tackled him forward that’s still a sack to me. He lived up to his expectations as the 5th pick his rookie year when he almost broke the record for most sacks in a rookie year. Even if we had Quenton Nelson, how is he going to make up for Wilkinson?

Shaq Barrett had a great year last season. It doesn’t change the fact that in 4 seasons with us he had less sacks than that 1 year. It doesn’t change the fact that he didn’t record a sack until this game against a backup RG starting at RT. Barrett may be better than Chubb, but he never showed that while he was here. Even the Bucs offered him a 1 year prove it deal (as did we) so it isn’t like they were convinced either.

Comment

Well I would think its unfair to criticize Chubb right now. He lost just about all of last year. Now with no von all offenses has to do is slide protection towards Chubb's way. He's battling back but getting two or three defenders on him he isn't going to fill up a stat sheet. I say next year is when I'll really see what he's made of granted he can stay healthy.
                          :go:

Comment

I shudder to think about our defense in 2 years with Chubb and Simmons Making 20 mil each.

Comment

We go all in with our high draft picks even if they are underperforming guys who were drafted in later rounds. BB and the Patriots have no problem ditching high draft picks I'd they don't perform. BB would've traded Chubb instead of letting Barrett walk.

Comment

Working...
                              X