X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

i am not 100% sure we keep Miller. even though i would like to. i hope we can restructure him to have a smaller contract cap wise, but bigger gaurenteed and more years in denver. but Reed has look really good and is making Miller look expendable.
    My two cents is Von remains a bronco if he is willing to take a pay cut.
    The deeper question is does he want to win another ring regardless of where he has to play or make?
    Does he want one last big payday, meaning he will go play for a bad team with a lot of money?

I think in Denver Von can get a decent salary with incentives that make it even better. This defense could use his veteran presence. As much as I love Von I hope Elway does what’s best for the team’s future.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Bradley Chubb is playing like he was the 5th Top. Way to go Bradley Chubb keep on grubbing by sacking the Quarterbacks you got this !! Way to go B.C.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post

If a player needs help posting big numbers then he isn't as good as people think
    In context sure. AJ Hawk numbers would be better next to Clay Matthews. In this context, it's different. Chubb by himself is good, he's a pro bowler. Von when healthy is hall of fame level. So a pro bowler next to a hall of fame quality player will result in even better numbers for both.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    You know the attention Von Miller usually gets just by existing? Chubb draws that attention while Von is out. Chubb is a good pro bowler, we're fine with him and when Von is back, Chubb numbers will go up.
    If a player needs help posting big numbers then he isn't as good as people think

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    You know the attention Von Miller usually gets just by existing? Chubb draws that attention while Von is out. Chubb is a good pro bowler, we're fine with him and when Von is back, Chubb numbers will go up.
    i am not 100% sure we keep Miller. even though i would like to. i hope we can restructure him to have a smaller contract cap wise, but bigger gaurenteed and more years in denver. but Reed has look really good and is making Miller look expendable.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Off topic but I was just thinking about how denver letting wolfe go and was curious how he was doing this year. His stats are not very good nor does he even have a sack. I don’t want him play so idk if he is playing hurt or splitting time but looks like it was the smart move to move on from him.
    I'd say he looked good for Denver bc he was had the rest of the players around him to draw the most attention and in general Wolfe was that player that isn't gonna post good numbers but those watching the game saw him being effective.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Chubb had a solid game today however instead of worrying about Barrett I’m starting to wonder if undrafted Malik Reed isn’t better than Chubb.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Off topic but I was just thinking about how denver letting wolfe go and was curious how he was doing this year. His stats are not very good nor does he even have a sack. I don’t want him play so idk if he is playing hurt or splitting time but looks like it was the smart move to move on from him.

Leave a comment:

• WYBRONCO
    replied
    Chubb is a Pro Bowler minus the knee injury, I really believe that. Shaq Barrett improved a ton in TB and his D-Coordinator rushes him a ton.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied

I thought nelson was the best player in the draft
    I looked through your post history and I'll back off . You probably were the leader of the Quenton Nelson at #5 movement. I'll say for sure that you never wavered off of your stance, but for most of the people in this thread retrospectively making the argument about drafting Nelson-- they didn't have those beliefs at the time like you did. And even you didn't think Barrett was necessarily the future at EDGE since you floated Harold Landry's name in there a few times (but I digress, we're talking specifically about Nelson here).

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Nelson had surefire All-Pro written all over him, that’s not a debate. But there’s no way he was the best player in the draft considering his positional value as a LG. At the time though, it was truly subjective whether Nelson or Chubb was BPA at #5. Like I said in my post above, Chubb was the best defensive player in the draft and slid to us. Nelson was undeniably a generational prospect for interior offensive line, but he was projected right in our range (5-10) while Chubb was widely-considered a top-four pick.

I thought nelson was the best player in the draft
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 11-10-2020, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I’ll reiterate it again whenever people love using hindsight bias to make their point here.

Chubb was the best defensive player coming into the draft in 2018. On top of that, he was the best EDGE rusher— meaning that he was not only the consensus best defensive player, but also the best player at the position with the highest positional value on defense. In 2017, Barrett did little to cement himself as the clear starter opposite Miller. If I recall correctly, he and Ray were pretty much splitting time as the starting EDGE. It was obvious that Barrett was talented, but I hardly believe that most of you guys in this thread thought he was good enough to be the starter for the foreseeable future— especially if we had the opportunity to draft Chubb (barely any mocks had him falling to us anyways, so it was mostly a Nelson vs. Smith vs. QB debate on these boards).
    I did

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied

Agreed. Nelson was the best player in the draft.
    Nelson had surefire All-Pro written all over him, that’s not a debate. But there’s no way he was the best player in the draft considering his positional value as a LG. At the time though, it was truly subjective whether Nelson or Chubb was BPA at #5. Like I said in my post above, Chubb was the best defensive player in the draft and slid to us. Nelson was undeniably a generational prospect for interior offensive line, but he was projected right in our range (5-10) while Chubb was widely-considered a top-four pick.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    I’ll reiterate it again whenever people love using hindsight bias to make their point here.

Chubb was the best defensive player coming into the draft in 2018. On top of that, he was the best EDGE rusher— meaning that he was not only the consensus best defensive player, but also the best player at the position with the highest positional value on defense. In 2017, Barrett did little to cement himself as the clear starter opposite Miller. If I recall correctly, he and Ray were pretty much splitting time as the starting EDGE. It was obvious that Barrett was talented, but I hardly believe that most of you guys in this thread thought he was good enough to be the starter for the foreseeable future— especially if we had the opportunity to draft Chubb (barely any mocks had him falling to us anyways, so it was mostly a Nelson vs. Smith vs. QB debate on these boards).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X