No announcement yet.

O-Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's an interesting article comparing the Broncos and Vikings recent draft history with regards to O-Line: https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...ensive-linemen

The point of the article being that Elway for the Broncos and Paton for the Vikings had significant input into their respective drafts over a similar period of time. I'm hoping that this means we end up grabbing our next starting RT in the 2nd round this year.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruke View Post
      Why doesn’t Elway realize the only reason he won SB and TD had 2k rushing was - the OLine was remarkable- hall of famers - Glasgow was a good signing and Risner is promising but PLEASE fix the OL. It affects EVERYTHING
      The SB o-line in Elway’s last two years had one HOFer.

They used a blocking technique that I’m pretty sure is no longer allowed.

If Bolles doesn’t revert back to form, the current line is in pretty good shape, especially if they upgrade at center.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

If Bolles doesn’t revert back to form, the current line is in pretty good shape, especially if they upgrade at center.
        Not sure they need to upgrade at center. Just have some development from a rookie in over his head to a professional. IMO Cushenberry has the talent. Does he improve?

Oline should be good as long as healthy. My biggest concern lies in the readiness and attitude of James. If he plays to his potential on the right side they could be very good. If he comes back less the fully committed it creates a big issue again.

Comment

• BYU pro day is today and T Brady Christensen is one I really like. He could be a really good one to rotate in. If he weren't an older prospect I think he would be going much higher than projected.

I think we are going to have a couple of top rated bookends myself, but a guy like Christensen could be a solution in the near future.
          I believe James is going to earn his salary this year, but next year and beyond I don't know that we can tie that money up.

Note- sounds like we have shown interest in BYU WR Dax Milne. He's one to watch at their pro day today as well.

Comment

• Elijah Wilkinson has signed with the Bears to a one year deal. Looks like the Broncos gave up on him. I thought they would try to sign him as a depth guy but maybe figured they had seen enough. After the draft I expect the Broncos to sign a veteran tackle. I do hear the Broncos like Calvin Anderson but I don't think he is a starter. I expect James to play well this year - otherwise he will be out of football in 2022.

The Broncos OL was playing better at the end of the season because Cushenbery was improving. I believe the interior of the line struggled because of an inexperienced Center. Broncos should draft a tackle and a guard for development.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad_Bubba View Post
              Elijah Wilkinson has signed with the Bears to a one year deal. Looks like the Broncos gave up on him. I thought they would try to sign him as a depth guy but maybe figured they had seen enough. After the draft I expect the Broncos to sign a veteran tackle. I do hear the Broncos like Calvin Anderson but I don't think he is a starter. I expect James to play well this year - otherwise he will be out of football in 2022.

The Broncos OL was playing better at the end of the season because Cushenbery was improving. I believe the interior of the line struggled because of an inexperienced Center. Broncos should draft a tackle and a guard for development.
              One of the best things I have herd this off-season is Wilkinson will not be here another year. This view has been shared on multiple Bronco youtube videos including on from Broncos youtube.

Only reason it is not the best news to me is because Paton has been doing great in free agency.

Herd Chicago may want Wilk to play guard. Maybe he is a NFL level guard. I have zero questions in my mind that Wilk is NOT a NFL level OT.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Are you referring to cut blocks?
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Are you referring to cut blocks?
                  Yes. I’m not sure that they’re not allowed but I seem to remember rules being changed that affected cut blocks.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Elijah Wilkinson has signed with the Bears to a one year deal. Looks like the Broncos gave up on him. I thought they would try to sign him as a depth guy but maybe figured they had seen enough. After the draft I expect the Broncos to sign a veteran tackle. I do hear the Broncos like Calvin Anderson but I don't think he is a starter. I expect James to play well this year - otherwise he will be out of football in 2022.

Denver listed Wilkinson as G/T. Think they gave up on the T part, and don't need him inside as they have Risner, Glasgow, Muti and Schlottmann (G/C) He had seven starts at RG in 2018 and looked OK. Good starting O-Linemen are becoming a scarce commodity anymore, and UFAs command a premium. After seeing his twelve starts at RT in 2019, thought Eli was a depth guy who could fill in, but not really a long-term starter.

I'm with you about Calvin Anderson. Think he's a Swing Tackle, but a depth guy not starter material.

Am looking forward to seeing how Denver's O-Line looks this year.

Comment

Yes. I’m not sure that they’re not allowed but I seem to remember rules being changed that affected cut blocks.
                      Chop blocks are illegal. Don't think blocking below the waist one on one is illegal for O-Linemen, which is a cut block. Chop block is blocking below the waist while another offensive player is also in contact. Don't think cut blocks are legal for non-linemen, on kicks or change of possession.
                      Last edited by samparnell; 03-26-2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Chop blocks are illegal. Don't think blocking below the waist one on one is illegal for O-Linemen, which is a cut block. Chop block is blocking below the waist while another offensive player is also in contact. Don't think cut blocks are legal for non-linemen, on kicks or change of possession.
                        The one they didn't used to flag was the high/ low combo block or double team high/low on the same defender. It is safer that is illegal, but it is really hard to avoid sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

The one they didn't used to flag was the high/ low combo block or double team high/low on the same defender. It is safer that is illegal, but it is really hard to avoid sometimes.
                          Right. High/low aka chop block.

Comment

Cush was a rookie with out an offseason. Give him this year at least he has the tools he just needs to be in the nfl training system and lift weight system more. He has a pretty good upside he just needs some more development
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• I don't know how Paton will be but under Elway the Broncos always felt that Center was a position that you could fill without paying a premium and so far they have been right. They let both Paradis and McGovern go after their rookie contracts were up and they could not keep them cheaply.

Comment

I don't know how Paton will be but under Elway the Broncos always felt that Center was a position that you could fill without paying a premium and so far they have been right. They let both Paradis and McGovern go after their rookie contracts were up and they could not keep them cheaply.
                                Right. They are both on 3 year/$27 million contracts.

Lloyd Cushenberry is the highest drafted Center by the Broncos (#83/third round) since J.D. Walton (#80/ third round) in 2010. He is on a four year somewhat backloaded deal at $4.656 million.

Comment

Working...
                                X