Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O-Line

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Too slow. We need more wideouts who run quicker, the fans around here love that. Weren't we like the off-season champs after Elway double dipped at wideout in the draft ? Anyway, as Eminem once said, "snap back to reality". 4 straight losing seasons is on the way thanks to Mr. Elway, he has yet again failed, is this the nail in his coffin though ? Or is covid-19 and no time to prepare heading into the season the excuse he gets this year for why the team looks horrible from top to bottom ?
    Losing your top end talent, and signal caller is what makes the season a wash. Excuse or not, there is no way to accurately judge the roster this year.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      Ryan R a beast at RT for NO. Still can’t fathom how John Elway Met with Bolles and Lynch, had a conversation with them, and still reached to draft them.
      agreed. Ramczyk was the best OT in that draft, most people knew it but instead they drafted the guy with a history of holding penalties in college.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        agreed. Ramczyk was the best OT in that draft, most people knew it but instead they drafted the guy with a history of holding penalties in college.
        I believe one of the radio guys said that Elway was on the Ramcyzk train, but then McCoy at the 11th hour made the push for Billed.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

        Comment


        • #34
          The RT may be bad but Bolles actually is having a pretty good year...guess when a poster has been doing something for years it it is hard to change the path just because the player improves.

          Odd no one talking about our Center who is competing with the RT and QB for worst play on the offense week to week to week.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            The RT may be bad but Bolles actually is having a pretty good year...guess when a poster has been doing something for years it it is hard to change the path just because the player improves.

            Odd no one talking about our Center who is competing with the RT and QB for worst play on the offense week to week to week.
            I believe it was Bolles who let the defensive player through who injured Lock.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              I believe it was Bolles who let the defensive player through who injured Lock.
              The first guy threw came through about as fast as one could come from the RT

              The guy Bolles was blocking left Bolles and went around the guy the guard was blocking...it could have been a delay stunt but it more looks like the defender improvising to me

              If you really want to put it all on Bolles go ahead I suppose

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgvtHr3C-PM

              To me that is a pretty hard reach to smear the body of work for 3 games
              Last edited by Hadez; 09-28-2020, 07:24 AM.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                I believe it was Bolles who let the defensive player through who injured Lock.
                Don't think that is on Bolles. Steelers ran a stunt in which the DT blocked Bolles outside and then Dupree curled around into the backfield to chase Luck down from behind.

                Not sure of which olineman or RB would have that responsibility to pick him up, if any. It might have been on Luck to see the play was blown up and get rid of the ball to avoid the hit.

                At this point after 3 games Bolles might be the most reliable olineman of the group. Not saying Bolles is playing great, just reveals how crappy the rest are playing.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                  The first guy threw came through about as fast as one could come from the RT

                  The guy Bolles was blocking left Bolles and went around the guy the guard was blocking...it could have been a delay stunt but it more looks like the defender improvising to me

                  If you really want to put it all on Bolles go ahead I suppose

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgvtHr3C-PM

                  To me that is a pretty hard reach to smear the body of work for 3 games
                  Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  Don't think that is on Bolles. Steelers ran a stunt in which the DT blocked Bolles outside and then Dupree curled around into the backfield to chase Luck down from behind.

                  Not sure of which olineman or RB would have that responsibility to pick him up, if any. It might have been on Luck to see the play was blown up and get rid of the ball to avoid the hit.

                  At this point after 3 games Bolles might be the most reliable olineman of the group. Not saying Bolles is playing great, just reveals how crappy the rest are playing.
                  Tyler Polumbus broke down the play on 104 the fan the other day. He said that Risner tried to pass off his guy to Bolles but Bolles set too far out and so risner had to stay on his guy which allowed 48 to come inside unblocked.

                  The injury, I blame on Lock. He should have stayed on the ground instead of trying to get up.
                  Last edited by broncos SB2010; 09-28-2020, 07:37 AM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    Tyler Polumbus broke down the play on 104 the fan the other day. He said that Risner tried to pass off his guy to Bolles but Bolles set too far out and so risner had to stay on his guy which allowed 48 to come inside unblocked.
                    You still seem to be ignoring the fact the before Bolles guy even got there Lock was almost on the ground with one hand on the ground. Bolles held up his guy for nearly 4 seconds.

                    Your point seems to want to assume what Risner is thinking ...

                    Reaching hard...
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      You still seem to be ignoring the fact the before Bolles guy even got there Lock was almost on the ground with one hand on the ground. Bolles held up his guy for nearly 4 seconds.

                      Your point seems to want to assume what Risner is thinking ...

                      Reaching hard...
                      it wasn't my analysis, it was Polumbus'. He knows a lot more about Oline play than I do and it sounded very reasonable to me...and as I said, I blame the injury on lock, not Bolles.
                      Last edited by broncos SB2010; 09-28-2020, 07:46 AM.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        it wasn't my analysis, it was Polumbus'. He knows a lot more about Oline play than I do and it sounded very reasonable to me...and as I said, I blame the injury on lock, not Bolles.
                        I don’t recall lock trying to get up. Wasn’t he hit from behind by a guy he couldn’t see, on his way to the ground?
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          it wasn't my analysis, it was Polumbus'. He knows a lot more about Oline play than I do and it sounded very reasonable to me...and as I said, I blame the injury on lock, not Bolles.
                          When Polumbus analyzed that play the next day on his radio show, he mentioned how he doesn’t blame Lock. If I recall correctly he blamed Wilkerson and the Rb for not slowing down the rush. I’m curious has to why you take Polumbus analysis on the one but not the other and blame Lock on his own injury?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                            I don’t recall lock trying to get up. Wasn’t he hit from behind by a guy he couldn’t see, on his way to the ground?
                            You are correct, I was thinking incorrectly.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              I don’t recall lock trying to get up. Wasn’t he hit from behind by a guy he couldn’t see, on his way to the ground?
                              He shook Watt with a little jump step, and Watt got a hand on his feet and tripped him, he was trying to regain his balance and continue his scramble. He had no way of knowing Dupree had came free on the stunt. RT (not even gonna use his name anymore) basically just stood up. Lookout! block.
                              sigpic

                              Hooray, beer!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                                When Polumbus analyzed that play the next day on his radio show, he mentioned how he doesn’t blame Lock. If I recall correctly he blamed Wilkerson and the Rb for not slowing down the rush. I’m curious has to why you take Polumbus analysis on the one but not the other and blame Lock on his own injury?
                                I didn't remember the play entirely correctly. I thought Lock had hit the ground and was trying to get back up but he only had his hand on the ground which i saw by watching the video posted.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X