Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    Injured body or hurt feeling?

Sorry, that's not fair. I hope he recovers well and becomes a great tackle.
    *Becomes a great guard. The possibility that he becomes a great tackle has long since sailed. If he becomes a consistent starter in the NFL, it's by sliding inside as an interior lineman.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

I wonder if this is just them playing the IR numbers game.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        I see excuse after excuse after excuse to prop up a man who has now more than likely led the organization to 4 straight losing seasons. You can argue the little details here or there, corona, sick coach, etc. but every team has adversity. The last time we had back to back losing seasons was the 70's, Elway has doubled that prestigious honor over the last 4 years alone, those are the facts, or the results, and all the other feel good stuff a fan wants to tell themselves means nothing. The biggest issue within that though, the same problem areas today, are the same ones we had 4 years ago. And forget hindsight, every off-season it is blatantly obvious that they weren't fixed, and here we are again. Offensive line, the entire middle of the defense, and quarterback. Hey, at least we drafted heaps of fast guys
        I give you facts and context, and you label it as an excuse? All the issues you mentioned, were addressed in multiple ways, but you choose to ignore that injuries happened. You're just so off base in an attempt to toot your own horn, there is no point in trying to even have a discussion.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          I wonder if this is just them playing the IR numbers game.
          Meaning have an excuse for the end of the season when we don't make the playoffs? We can say "x-number of players were on IR"?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            Meaning have an excuse for the end of the season when we don't make the playoffs? We can say "x-number of players were on IR"?
            No I meant the IR game they play where they like a guy but can’t get him on PS and don’t think he’s ready to play so they put him on IR.

But they said he fractured his shin, I don’t remember him coming out though.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              Wilkinson now on IR...
              Sucks to see another injury, but this might be one of those cases where the starter goes down and it's of benefit to the team.
              Last edited by Bootleg; 09-29-2020, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                Sucks to see another injury, but this might be one of those cases where the starter goes down and its of benefit to the team.
                Yesterday, Tyler Polumbus said they should bench Wilkinson and Cushenberry to start Dotmer and Schlottmann...maybe he was right.
                sigpic

Comment

Yesterday, Tyler Polumbus said they should bench Wilkinson and Cushenberry to start Dotmer and Schlottmann...maybe he was right.
                  I agree with benching Wilkinson but unless the team thinks Schlottman is the long term C, I’d tough it out with Cush and his growing pains. He’ll get there, he just needs reps.

Comment

I agree with benching Wilkinson but unless the team thinks Schlottman is the long term C, I’d tough it out with Cush and his growing pains. He’ll get there, he just needs reps.
                    I tend to agree but it might be better to have him learn for a few weeks/ a season before throwing him out there and getting blown up half the time. nothing wrong with a redshirt season, especially one with no TC/preseason.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wilkinson now on IR...
                      I truly feel bad for him because I think the guy gives it 110% all the time. It is sad on our coaching it took something like that to get another guy at RT
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Not sure how much I trust the coaching that left Wilk in the game for 3 games but I would say if they think Cush can develop we should keep him in. Pitt and TB will probably be the toughest test he sees all year. If he can grow from that it is a good thing.

He can expect to see less talented and/or less skilled execution doing some of the same things until he proves he can handle it.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

He will probably look better with Dotson as the starter. I Glasgow can trust Dotson to pass protect, he can help Cush out more.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                            He will probably look better with Dotson as the starter. I Glasgow can trust Dotson to pass protect, he can help Cush out more.
                            He’ll look better not seeing guys like Simmons, Heyward, and Vea across the line. Although Quinnen Williams is good, he doesn’t have as much help around him. Clowney and Landry with Simmons; Dupree, Watt, and Tuitt with Heyward; Suh, Barrett, and JPP with Vea. He’s been through a gauntlet these first 3 weeks.

Edit: although expect Gregg Williams to try and send extra bodies at him. It’s another blitz heavy defense so yet again protection calls will be important
                            Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-29-2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                              I give you facts and context, and you label it as an excuse? All the issues you mentioned, were addressed in multiple ways, but you choose to ignore that injuries happened. You're just so off base in an attempt to toot your own horn, there is no point in trying to even have a discussion.
                              The results are what matters, and the "facts and context" you provide do not change the results, which are bad. So, yes, technically you are providing factual statements, but you are using them to justify the losing organization of which the Elway regime has now turned into. But it doesn't change anything other than making a fan feel better about themselves, because at the end of the day, every fan can pick a bunch of reasons as to why things are the way they are, but you are what you are, and Denver is now a loser unfortunately.

Comment

There are so many injuries that it's hard for individual units to shine. The OL is not as run-oriented as I would like. But one of their problems is Lock. He doesn't do them any favors with his 'I have to make a play' mantra. He isn't Lamar Jackson. He can't outrun linebackers and he can't take a hit. He's not Patrick Mahomes, either. He doesn't execute. He HAD a rifle arm which COULD HAVE BEEN useful. Hanging on to the ball with no plan will ruin any OL.

Comment

Working...
                                X