Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos look different than other NFL teams

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    I agree with the concept of continuity and trying to build stability in the coaching staff. I thought the coaching staff was finally set with Fangio, Shurmur and Munchak. And in no way looking for any to get fired yet.

    But so far the team is underachieving even with the injuries. They look unprepared, have little enthusiasm and play with no sense of urgency. I get the feeling of a team going through the motions instead of competing.

    Can someone explain to me how this is happening? How does a group of players seem so uninspired in the first 3 games of a season.

    And an even bigger question is how do they break out of this pathetic sad sack demeanor? I really don’t care who or how but this is really becoming ridiculous in a short amount of time. Acceptance is not an option.

    I totally agree 1000% This entire coaching staff needs the AXE 🪓 Especially the OC ugh another losing season already 0-3 soon to be 0-4.

    Comment


    • #17
      No more excuses, this team is BAD!!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        Something off about them. The team has no juice. The players and coaches all seem confused compared with other teams I've watched in the NFL.

        The offense STINKS. It is the worst offense in the NFL. Its a joke

        Does anyone else see that difference between us and other teams? Its appaling, and gross.
        I agree. I know we have a crap ton of injuries, but we look like an amateur high school team out there in ALL facets of the game...

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Something off about them. The team has no juice. The players and coaches all seem confused compared with other teams I've watched in the NFL.

          The offense STINKS. It is the worst offense in the NFL. Its a joke

          Does anyone else see that difference between us and other teams? Its appaling, and gross.
          It's the worst I've seen it since Kyle Orton was benched for Tim Tebow. Problem is we don't have a Tebow to add another dimension to the Offense and move the ball.

          Hate to say it but we need a new GM and Coaching staff.

          Comment


          • #20
            I agree, we suck. However, at least we're not losing games like the Falcons.

            Imagine how angry their fans are after their last two games. :doh:
            Utah Bronco Freak

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
              It's a fluky year. Little offseason, short training camp, no preseason, new offense, new pieces on offense, lots of injuries. There's plenty of talent, at least offensively. As long as they stay patient and continue to build the offense and find some key pieces on defense, this can be an incredible team. I truly believe that.
              Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
              I agree. New OC, no training camp, youngest offense in NFL, missing two explosive players (Taz and Sutton) plus a starting QB is far from optimal. I think it's unrealistic to think we should be good.
              Other teams are in the same position and getting wins. Granted, SF beat the Jets, but any given sunday. We lack identity and direction. It's plain as day.
              Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
              I would say it isn't pretty, but isn't technically sloppy. Aside from the fact that we only play with a LT, LG, C and RG each game. But I know what you mean Cory, we are missing any fire or drive to actually win. It almost looks like we know we have already lost the game after the first snap and the rest of the plays....well....we are just waiting for it to be over and officially lose. I know there are a lot of people on these boards that think Von Miller is overrated...but he is REALLY missed this season. Sad, because he looked to be a quiet, but dialed in and focused player this training camp. Rough year....and we still have 13 games to play.
              This, exactly. His leadership, I think most of all, is what's missing.

              This looks like a directionless, ruddlerless team going through the motions just to get it over with.

              There are times the Broncos don't even look like a professional team, and that's because some of the people the Broncos are playing are PS players on other teams probably, but they also never seem prepared, which is coaching.
              sigpic

              Hooray, beer!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                I agree, we suck. However, at least we're not losing games like the Falcons.

                Imagine how angry their fans are after their last two games. :doh:
                Yes, but the Falcons are probably going to fire their coach.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                  The Broncos are one of the youngest teams on offense and the Covid-19 restrictions really hurt their offseason. Second-year QB with only 5 starts, learning a new system. Then James opted out. Then our best player was lost for the season. One of the teams most devastated by injuries. Over $40 million of the cap is on IR according to Andrew Mase.

                  The fans want the coaches fired as usual. I'm against it. Lack of continuity is one of the main reasons for these struggles. Every season there's growing pains on offense because there is a new system being installed. Look at Josh Allen in Buffalo. He arrived very raw as a passer, now he's throwing for a bunch of yards and touchdowns. Same OC since 2018, now he's mastered that offense.

                  I don't think Fangio and Shurmur have a chance with the inexperience on the roster and the wave of injuries, even though Fangio did not really bring the 'no death by inches' slogan he advertised. The team does not play smart and the HC can't even manage time outs. However, the X's and O's kept the games versus the Titans and Steelers close. I saw something about the Broncos being the team with most changes at QB in the entire league since Manning's retirement.

                  Different OC in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020. Kubiak was sent packing in favor of Scangarello's "modern" offense. Scangarello fired after 1 season. Shurmur was supposed to bring the experience that Scangarello lacks. Now the fans already want Shurmur gone. It's dysfunctional and changing the core of the coaching staff again will only add to that.

                  Stop being like the Browns and start building something. It takes time but it's worth it. My hope for 2021 is Fangio and Shurmur returning. The best thing the Broncos can get out of this season is the building of some continuity for 2021. Let the players learn the system and the team will be better next season when healthy.
                  I agree with all of the rough goings on the roster, but the coaching is terrible and always ill prepared for situational football.

                  THREE head coaches on one team and no one can say "hey call a time out", because they don't want to step on Vics toes. Then theres the fact that they canned the analytics guy because fangio didnt want him in his ear.

                  He will never have a winning record as a HC. He's a great DC but is not ready to be a head coach, When he puts his hands on his knees and stares at the ground because hes been outcoached, AGAIN, I'm just like "me too, Vic. Mee too."
                  sigpic

                  Hooray, beer!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                    It's the worst I've seen it since Kyle Orton was benched for Tim Tebow. Problem is we don't have a Tebow to add another dimension to the Offense and move the ball.

                    Hate to say it but we need a new GM and Coaching staff.
                    I'm having PTSD flashbacks to 2017 when the question was "who you playing at QB....Siemien, Lynch, or Osweiler". I get the same queasy feeling when discussing Bortles, Rypien, or Driskell.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      These things start at the top and flow down. Who is at the top to keep the current decision makers accountable? It needs to be somebody higher than Ellis, IMO.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        Something off about them. The team has no juice. The players and coaches all seem confused compared with other teams I've watched in the NFL.

                        The offense STINKS. It is the worst offense in the NFL. Its a joke

                        Does anyone else see that difference between us and other teams? Its appaling, and gross.
                        I do begin to see that Denver looks disinterested and lost, more so than other bad teams; with the exception of the Jets. Even Miami and the Bungles are trying to compete. The only other team that looks in the same situation as Denver is Jacksonville.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                          The Broncos are one of the youngest teams on offense and the Covid-19 restrictions really hurt their offseason. Second-year QB with only 5 starts, learning a new system. Then James opted out. Then our best player was lost for the season. One of the teams most devastated by injuries. Over $40 million of the cap is on IR according to Andrew Mase.

                          The fans want the coaches fired as usual. I'm against it. Lack of continuity is one of the main reasons for these struggles. Every season there's growing pains on offense because there is a new system being installed. Look at Josh Allen in Buffalo. He arrived very raw as a passer, now he's throwing for a bunch of yards and touchdowns. Same OC since 2018, now he's mastered that offense.

                          I don't think Fangio and Shurmur have a chance with the inexperience on the roster and the wave of injuries, even though Fangio did not really bring the 'no death by inches' slogan he advertised. The team does not play smart and the HC can't even manage time outs. However, the X's and O's kept the games versus the Titans and Steelers close. I saw something about the Broncos being the team with most changes at QB in the entire league since Manning's retirement.

                          Different OC in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020. Kubiak was sent packing in favor of Scangarello's "modern" offense. Scangarello fired after 1 season. Shurmur was supposed to bring the experience that Scangarello lacks. Now the fans already want Shurmur gone. It's dysfunctional and changing the core of the coaching staff again will only add to that.

                          Stop being like the Browns and start building something. It takes time but it's worth it. My hope for 2021 is Fangio and Shurmur returning. The best thing the Broncos can get out of this season is the building of some continuity for 2021. Let the players learn the system and the team will be better next season when healthy.
                          Normally I would absolutely agree with your statements. You can't succeed by having a revolving door at HC. My issue is that whoever has the final say in bringing in a coach, be it Elway, Ellis or someone else, needs to stop bringing in coordinators as head coaches. Look at some of the coaches who have been here since Shanny. McDaniels; OC, no experience as a HC. Unmitigated disaster. VJ; DC again no experience as a HC. Great practices!! No adjustments or preparation for game day. Now, Fangio; a dinosaur as far as head coaches go. AGAIN, a DC with no experience as a HC. We need to STOP hiring coordinators and bring in someone with a pedigree as a HC. There is a history of ill prepared teams and zero game plans with the aforementioned 'head coaches.' look at the successful teams, (KC, NE, SEA, even TB) What they have in common is a HC who came to those teams as a HEAD COACH, not a coordinator. Denver needs to follow this blueprint or we can expect many losing seasons ahead.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                            I'm having PTSD flashbacks to 2017 when the question was "who you playing at QB....Siemien, Lynch, or Osweiler". I get the same queasy feeling when discussing Bortles, Rypien, or Driskell.
                            Just wait until you begin to relive 2016 and Sanchez. We've been scraping the bottom of the barrel for a few years now

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              We're definitely in danger of falling into a cycle of losing, and not just for this year. The team is playing like teams do when they lack confidence in themselves and their teammates. It's like the stage is too big for them. Teams can wallow in this for years, with talented draft picks absorbing the low expectations and lack of confidence of the team as a whole. The risk is we keep changing the coaches and systems instead of methodically building familiarity with the system over several years with existing players and upgrading positions and attitudes that need it. Stability is needed to pull out of this. Unfortunately, with the oline and injuries, it's not likely to get much better this year. Fixing the oline must be top priority for the offseason (as it should have been this past offseason).

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                What are we going to do with our top 5 pick? Is there a clear Top QB in this upcoming class? Is there a HOFer lineman coming out of college, like Quentin Nelson?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X