Broncos look different than other NFL teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    What are we going to do with our top 5 pick? Is there a clear Top QB in this upcoming class? Is there a HOFer lineman coming out of college, like Quentin Nelson?
    I'm not sure it matters. Like dgobronco said in an earlier post, teams begin to take on a persona of losing. The high draft picks absorb that culture and the cycle repeats itself. (i.e. Cleveland Browns) Something is rotten in the core of this team and there can be no change until that rot is found and destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
      I'm not sure it matters. Like dgobronco said in an earlier post, teams begin to take on a persona of losing. The high draft picks absorb that culture and the cycle repeats itself. (i.e. Cleveland Browns) Something is rotten in the core of this team and there can be no change until that rot is found and destroyed.
      Do you think Robert Kraft would buy us ?

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
        Do you think Robert Kraft would buy us ?
        As much as I hate to say it, I wish he would. At least the team would have direction and accountability. Right now the team is a boat lost in the middle of a storm with no one to guide it : (

Comment

With all the lost players, I would be fine just becoming a running team.

The NFL should have pushed back the season to allow teams to get their players ready both physically and mentally. The coaches should have modified their preseason programs to include more conditioning/stretching and play walk throughs even if it meant more hours per day.

Pat Shurmer is just helping himself. A rookie center is turning out to be a bad idea too.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            I'm having PTSD flashbacks to 2017 when the question was "who you playing at QB....Siemien, Lynch, or Osweiler". I get the same queasy feeling when discussing Bortles, Rypien, or Driskell.
            Does anyone like what we saw with Rypien yesterday...minus the interception? I did.

He looked more confident than Driskell with solid execution IMO.
            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
              The others teams are dealing with the same things that we are, Denver’s just not getting it done. Bad coaching, draft picks or whatever, it’s become a problem.
              von miller , starter
              sutton starter
              lock starter
              PL starter
              bouye, starter
              casey, starter
              james starter (covid)
              walker, backup
              dremont jones backup
              Justin Strnad
              his replacement
              barron

is it any wonder we couldnt generate and pressure against the bucs
              our front seven had no miller, casey playing with a torn pec, walker out, jones out, chubb still not 100%...and playing two rookies at CB

our offense lost its starting QB, starting RB, #1 wr, starting RT (covid), playing two rookies at WR, a rookie at center

its a tough road
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                Does anyone like what we saw with Rypien yesterday...minus the interception? I did.

No, once a team puts a gameplan in for him specifically he will look putrid. He’s limited to throwing short and between the numbers. Any completions outside the numbers will be short and with minimal yac because the ball takes too long to get there. The only benefit is that he isn’t going to hold the ball because all his progressions will be short because he doesn’t have the arm strength to test defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                  I do begin to see that Denver looks disinterested and lost, more so than other bad teams; with the exception of the Jets. Even Miami and the Bungles are trying to compete. The only other team that looks in the same situation as Denver is Jacksonville.
                  When you lose super key players (Miller, Lock, Sutton) at the beginning of your season it's easy to allow negative, defeatist thoughts enter your head that effects attitudes and a willingness to step up and succeed. And add poor coaching decisions into the mix and you end up with a team that plays like the Broncos through three games.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

It all starts up front.

When the trenches are being dominated by the opponent nothing else stands a chance
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      It all starts up front.

When the trenches are being dominated by the opponent nothing else stands a chance
                      I know it's easy to blame the offensive line, and Wilkinson has been terrible. But when you spread out the offense with average receiver talent, below-average quarterback play, and the defense sends 7 guys against 5 linemen, you're going to lose that battle each and every time.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a buddy that is a huge Boise St fan and said that was Rypien's MO in college. Super high completion %, would march his team right down the field by dissecting the defense... then throw a INT in the endzone. Happened over and over in college.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          I know it's easy to blame the offensive line, and Wilkinson has been terrible. But when you spread out the offense with average receiver talent, below-average quarterback play, and the defense sends 7 guys against 5 linemen, you're going to lose that battle each and every time.
                          It is easy because it is the biggest problem on the pareto chart.

Yea bad QB play on the list. Yea bad coaching on the list.

RT play and C play are 1 and 2 on the pareto chart of problems with our offense. I have not gone through and tried to do the actual metrics as it would be impossible without insider knowledge but it seems to me if we actually had a pareto chart RT play would equal the problems of the 2nd and 3rd worst things on the list.

At this point coaching is climbing up the list just for the refusal to play someone else at RT
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Rypien had a good head and makes quick reads and delivers the ball. His problem is his arm strength. Now that he has a drive on film the next time he takes the field I expect to see 10 ... maybe 11...defenders within 15 yards of the LoS. There is zero reason to have a deep safety when he is the QB

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                              Need a balanced attack with lots of PAP.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                                It is easy because it is the biggest problem on the pareto chart.

Yea bad QB play on the list. Yea bad coaching on the list.

RT play and C play are 1 and 2 on the pareto chart of problems with our offense. I have not gone through and tried to do the actual metrics as it would be impossible without insider knowledge but it seems to me if we actually had a pareto chart RT play would equal the problems of the 2nd and 3rd worst things on the list.

At this point coaching is climbing up the list just for the refusal to play someone else at RT
                                But if the Broncos did more two tight end sets and helped the line out by running the ball more, they would substantially reduce the amount of sacks they've endured.

Most of the sacks have been a linebacker running free right at the quarterback.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X