Broncos look different than other NFL teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos look different than other NFL teams

Something off about them. The team has no juice. The players and coaches all seem confused compared with other teams I've watched in the NFL.

The offense STINKS. It is the worst offense in the NFL. Its a joke

Does anyone else see that difference between us and other teams? Its appaling, and gross.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

I am 1000000000000000000000000000 percent in agreement.

The offense is less than original and interesting in its play calling and execution. However we have been saying this for years.

The thing that is incredibly noticeable is the fact that the team does not play forward. What do I mean by this....

Ever notice how other defenses when they hit they deliver blows that leave an impact an knock players back. Our team delivers no blows the other teams get 2-3 yards extra after contact on a regular tackle.

It is also clear this team is severely lacking player leadership. Who is the vocal leader out there? I have yet to see anyone step up and assume that role.

This team is like watching paint dry
    Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

Comment

How about they avoid the early turnover, what feels like every time they play a nationally televised game...

Maybe stop throwing on 4th and 1?

Force a turnover ourselves?

Run the ball 25+ for once?

Maybe throw a pass quickly? A slant or out?

Do we blitz?

I get not having an owner is an issue... but we arguably start the 2 worst ILB and OTs in NFL. I doubt they would make practice squads of some teams....

Comment

We look different from 27 other teams that have at least a win or a tie.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

It's a fluky year. Little offseason, short training camp, no preseason, new offense, new pieces on offense, lots of injuries. There's plenty of talent, at least offensively. As long as they stay patient and continue to build the offense and find some key pieces on defense, this can be an incredible team. I truly believe that.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
            It's a fluky year. Little offseason, short training camp, no preseason, new offense, new pieces on offense, lots of injuries. There's plenty of talent, at least offensively. As long as they stay patient and continue to build the offense and find some key pieces on defense, this can be an incredible team. I truly believe that.
            I agree. New OC, no training camp, youngest offense in NFL, missing two explosive players (Taz and Sutton) plus a starting QB is far from optimal. I think it's unrealistic to think we should be good.

Comment

The others teams are dealing with the same things that we are, Denver’s just not getting it done. Bad coaching, draft picks or whatever, it’s become a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
                The others teams are dealing with the same things that we are, Denver’s just not getting it done. Bad coaching, draft picks or whatever, it’s become a problem.
                It's a brand new offense with young players that got no preseason. We lost our #1 receiver and our QB. What are you expecting? Legitimately wondering how high your expectations were for this team, given the offseason we just had? Were you expecting Denver to be a playoff contender this year?
                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  Something off about them. The team has no juice. The players and coaches all seem confused compared with other teams I've watched in the NFL.

The offense STINKS. It is the worst offense in the NFL. Its a joke

Does anyone else see that difference between us and other teams? Its appaling, and gross.
                  I would say it isn't pretty, but isn't technically sloppy. Aside from the fact that we only play with a LT, LG, C and RG each game. But I know what you mean Cory, we are missing any fire or drive to actually win. It almost looks like we know we have already lost the game after the first snap and the rest of the plays....well....we are just waiting for it to be over and officially lose. I know there are a lot of people on these boards that think Von Miller is overrated...but he is REALLY missed this season. Sad, because he looked to be a quiet, but dialed in and focused player this training camp. Rough year....and we still have 13 games to play.
                  New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
                    I disagree. The Broncos have the most salary cap money on IR by far than any other team. SF is second.

Teams with the same coaching staff and vet QBs have a big advantage over young QBs with new OCs since young players need OTAs and preseason games more than vets.

How many of those other teams have lost their best D player, their best O player and their starting QB? SF maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                      I would say it isn't pretty, but isn't technically sloppy. Aside from the fact that we only play with a LT, LG, C and RG each game. But I know what you mean Cory, we are missing any fire or drive to actually win. It almost looks like we know we have already lost the game after the first snap and the rest of the plays....well....we are just waiting for it to be over and officially lose. I know there are a lot of people on these boards that think Von Miller is overrated...but he is REALLY missed this season. Sad, because he looked to be a quiet, but dialed in and focused player this training camp. Rough year....and we still have 13 games to play.
                      I am not sure we have a c. Which is making our rgs play bad cause he has to cover for a rookie oc and a trash rt. Dalton has been okay they need to have him focusing on helping cush. Either way our oline looks like a mess and cush is taking some time to adjust to the nfl. I feel you could say the same thing with jeudy and hamler. Next year will be a huge test for those 3 players.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Even our starters that aren’t hurt look terrible. It is more than just injuries. It is a collection of poor talent coaches by bad coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                          I am not sure we have a c. Which is making our rgs play bad cause he has to cover for a rookie oc and a trash rt. Dalton has been okay they need to have him focusing on helping cush. Either way our oline looks like a mess and cush is taking some time to adjust to the nfl. I feel you could say the same thing with jeudy and hamler. Next year will be a huge test for those 3 players.
                          Dalton has regressed big time in pass pro which is sad because Bolles is killing it. Risner left Cush out to dry multiple times, just giving up on help blocks. Honestly Risner looks lost. He pulls off to pick up blitzes that don’t come and he doesn’t pass off stunts or twists.

Comment

The Broncos are one of the youngest teams on offense and the Covid-19 restrictions really hurt their offseason. Second-year QB with only 5 starts, learning a new system. Then James opted out. Then our best player was lost for the season. One of the teams most devastated by injuries. Over $40 million of the cap is on IR according to Andrew Mase.

The fans want the coaches fired as usual. I'm against it. Lack of continuity is one of the main reasons for these struggles. Every season there's growing pains on offense because there is a new system being installed. Look at Josh Allen in Buffalo. He arrived very raw as a passer, now he's throwing for a bunch of yards and touchdowns. Same OC since 2018, now he's mastered that offense.

I don't think Fangio and Shurmur have a chance with the inexperience on the roster and the wave of injuries, even though Fangio did not really bring the 'no death by inches' slogan he advertised. The team does not play smart and the HC can't even manage time outs. However, the X's and O's kept the games versus the Titans and Steelers close. I saw something about the Broncos being the team with most changes at QB in the entire league since Manning's retirement.

Different OC in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020. Kubiak was sent packing in favor of Scangarello's "modern" offense. Scangarello fired after 1 season. Shurmur was supposed to bring the experience that Scangarello lacks. Now the fans already want Shurmur gone. It's dysfunctional and changing the core of the coaching staff again will only add to that.

Stop being like the Browns and start building something. It takes time but it's worth it. My hope for 2021 is Fangio and Shurmur returning. The best thing the Broncos can get out of this season is the building of some continuity for 2021. Let the players learn the system and the team will be better next season when healthy.
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree with the concept of continuity and trying to build stability in the coaching staff. I thought the coaching staff was finally set with Fangio, Shurmur and Munchak. And in no way looking for any to get fired yet.

But so far the team is underachieving even with the injuries. They look unprepared, have little enthusiasm and play with no sense of urgency. I get the feeling of a team going through the motions instead of competing.

Can someone explain to me how this is happening? How does a group of players seem so uninspired in the first 3 games of a season.

And an even bigger question is how do they break out of this pathetic sad sack demeanor? I really don’t care who or how but this is really becoming ridiculous in a short amount of time. Acceptance is not an option.

Comment

Working...
                              X