Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened to "Kicking and Screaming"........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon McManus did plenty of kicking last week.

With all the injuries, I'm sure there's been screaming.

Pretty passing? The Broncos were 60% run last week.

Gritty? Double Safety A Gap Blitz seemed to rattle someone's cage.

Must not be watching the same games.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

In fairness to the initial post(s), I too thought we were a bit sub par in terms of energy/will to win early on. Not blatant though. But lately, especially watching our D, I see it the other way. That group is definitely earning their pay. So is our O, and once they get that RZ feeling back, things may be back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        In fairness to the initial post(s), I too thought we were a bit sub par in terms of energy/will to win early on. Not blatant though. But lately, especially watching our D, I see it the other way. That group is definitely earning their pay. So is our O, and once they get that RZ feeling back, things may be back on track.
        I think maybe sometimes we as fans under estimate how much key injuries can deflate a team both with chemistry and mentally. You spend your offseason preparing to play with a certain group and when that changes so drastically in a hurry it can leave the remaining players scrambling. On top of week one I really think should be excused with Covid rules causing rust.

I think what we’ve seen these last two weeks is the remaining under rated players coming together and building new chemistry that looks a lot more like an NFL football team. Let’s just hope we don’t get too hyped up and get major outclassed by KC today. That would probably send the boards back into a fire Fangio frenzy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I think maybe sometimes we as fans under estimate how much key injuries can deflate a team both with chemistry and mentally. You spend your offseason preparing to play with a certain group and when that changes so drastically in a hurry it can leave the remaining players scrambling. On top of week one I really think should be excused with Covid rules causing rust.

I think what we’ve seen these last two weeks is the remaining under rated players coming together and building new chemistry that looks a lot more like an NFL football team. Let’s just hope we don’t get too hyped up and get major outclassed by KC today. That would probably send the boards back into a fire Fangio frenzy.
          True all of that. You are right, the injuries and the abnormal offseason did not help. But in spite of those things, players can still kick and scream. In times like that I think of Brian Dawkins, and players like him. Kickin an screamin big time!!

Comment

the sad thing is by week 16 this topic will still be relevant. Likely 2021 as well
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

It is all Elway's fault. He and Jerry Jones are the only GMs that must be the center of attention, more so than the head coach. So what good head coach will take the job in Denver? Just subpar candidates. Elway has undoubtedly drafted terribly, and what we as fans see every Sunday is a team missing three or five playmakers, and that is the result of years of bad drafting.

FIRE ELWAY!!!

Comment

I believe fangio was/is committed to fix this problem. Even more so, I completely believe fangio does not possess the ability to fix this problem. He doesn't know what to do. Because, fangio is a great DC. He is not more than that. Denver needs a new HC, again. If fangio were the DC, that would be great but he is not HC material. This is especially true when the biggest problems are on the offense and special teams. He does not know how to fix an offense, ST, or even hire people who do.
                Last edited by Broncos1963; 10-27-2020, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
                  I believe fangio was/is committed to fix this problem. Even more so, I completely believe fangio does not possess the ability to fix this problem. He doesn't know what to do. Because, fangio is a great DC. He is not more than that. Denver needs a new HC, again. If fangio were the DC, that would be great but he is not HC material. This is especially true when the biggest problems are on the offense and special teams. He does not know how to fix an offense, ST, or even his people who do.

Totally Agree 1000%

Comment

Working...
                  X