Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened to "Kicking and Screaming"........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened to "Kicking and Screaming"........

After the past few years and then watching this less than lackluster start to the 2020 season.....

WHERE IS THE URGENCY TO WIN? BE COMPETITIVE? STRIVE FOR AFC WEST CHAMPIONSHIP? STRIVE FOR A SUPER BOWL?

The lack of leadership continues in this organization on the field and off the field. When we have had great teams, we had great leaders on the field. Players that refused to take losing and coaches that understood what it took to win consistently.

The past few years it is evident we do not have any of that.

I for one am fed up with watching this lack of anything from a team I care deeply about .

It is way beyond depressing to see this garbage week in and week out
    Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

There was some fight in this team last week, and even a little bit today, but it was like watching a crippled midget trying to do the high jump.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
      After the past few years and then watching this less than lackluster start to the 2020 season.....

WHERE IS THE URGENCY TO WIN? BE COMPETITIVE? STRIVE FOR AFC WEST CHAMPIONSHIP? STRIVE FOR A SUPER BOWL?

The lack of leadership continues in this organization on the field and off the field. When we have had great teams, we had great leaders on the field. Players that refused to take losing and coaches that understood what it took to win consistently.

I for one am fed up with watching this lack of anything from a team I care deeply about .

Sadly, I agree. I'm more convinced much of this stems from the lack of ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
        There was some fight in this team last week, and even a little bit today, but it was like watching a crippled midget trying to do the high jump.
        ....or pole vault.....
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

It's been replaced with "Cowering and Crying."

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
            It's been replaced with "Cowering and Crying."
            Or roll over and play dead

Comment

Yesterday got me legitimately upset, before the losses were more of a bitter resignation, but I literally saw more fight in the 2008 Lions.

The defense barely let up any points in the second half (not counting the safety). But the offense is absolutely terrible. I look at the 49ers and they have barely missed a beat (true, they played NYJ and NYG), but they are functioning.

I'm surprised Driskel got worse after a full week. I mean, he's not good, but I didn't expect him to perform worse than going in cold.
              sigpic

Comment

Bullseye! There are many reasons, but at the top of the list is John Elway. Bad drafting and bad coaching choices cannot be patched over. And free agents don’t want to come here anymore to boot. So we have the ultimate downward spiral.

Is there any accountability for Elway’s bad choices??

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                  Bullseye! There are many reasons, but at the top of the list is John Elway. Bad drafting and bad coaching choices cannot be patched over. And free agents don’t want to come here anymore to boot. So we have the ultimate downward spiral.

Is there any accountability for Elway’s bad choices?
                  ?
                  Unfortunately, no. Not until the ownership issue gets resolved. Never missed Pat Bowlen as much as I do now.....

Comment

Well with the amount of injuries I’m sure there is a lot of screaming from pain anyway. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
                      Well with the amount of injuries I’m sure there is a lot of screaming from pain anyway. Does that count?
                      It should, of course. How soon we forget.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

Is there any accountability for Elway’s bad choices??
                        I said this elsewhere but I'll repeat it here.

Elway won't be fired. He's due $30 million next year whether he's the GM or not. They're not going to fire Elway, be on the hook for that $30 million, and then bring in someone else that they have to pay. That also means it's unlikely Fangio is fired UNLESS we really go into the tank.

As another poster pointed out, until the ownership situation is resolved, nothing will change. But on the flip side to that, bear in mind that if they sell the team a bad owner could buy it and nothing will really change.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          I said this elsewhere but I'll repeat it here.

Elway won't be fired. He's due $30 million next year whether he's the GM or not. They're not going to fire Elway, be on the hook for that $30 million, and then bring in someone else that they have to pay. That also means it's unlikely Fangio is fired UNLESS we really go into the tank.

As another poster pointed out, until the ownership situation is resolved, nothing will change. But on the flip side to that, bear in mind that if they sell the team a bad owner could buy it and nothing will really change.
                          We are about to start our 3rd different QB in 4 weeks. It is entirely possible we lose to the Jets. We have what 10 starters out? I think we pretty deep in the tank.

Comment

Kicking and screaming seems to be things we have given up on.
                            We had it in 2015 when the team needed it to save Manning and Brock.
                            We had it in 2011 with Tebow
                            We had it in 2003-06 pre-Cutler
                            We had it with Elway.

We are a team now that values pretty passing and stats, instead of a gritty team that don't loose for lack of trying.
                            It would be lovely to get the go down in flames mentality back!

Comment

I think there was plenty of kicking and screaming in two of the losses. The loss to Tennessee is on Fangio’s bad decision making. They gave the Steelers a run for their money.

We can’t accuse the players of a lack of effort just because they lose.
                              You Mad Bro?

Comment

Working...
                              X