No announcement yet.

I know its early.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when is the "Who are we going to pick in the first round" thread going to start? Sad, only week 3.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
      So when is the "Who are we going to pick in the first round" thread going to start? Sad, only week 3.

I know Right Unreal LoL 😂

Comment

As brutal as this start to the season may be and quite possibly heading towards a high draft pick I’m surprised by all the Lawrence talk.

Three weeks ago Lock was being touted as the franchise QB, now he is to be replaced?

If this season continues to plummet to a top 10 or worse pick I’m still hoping Lock shows enough that the Broncos can use the pick for OT, ILB or Pass Rusher. Not another QB!

Comment

I'm thinking another wide receiver.

Comment

Without our number 1 QB, CB, Defensive Lineman, OLB, Offensive Tackle, WR, and our leading rusher the last 2 years, its tough for me to see us being better than 9 other teams. We may get our QB and Lindsay back, but the injuries are just unreal. I can't see us not having a top 5 pick.

Comment

Yeah, it is early. And we were having these same conversations last year when we started 0-4.

We won't have a good idea where we're drafting until the three quarters through the season. We had a stinker against TB, but competed against the Titans and the Steelers who are a combined 6-0.

The teams we have played so far are a combined 8-1. We're missing many of our star players. We have a new offense and many young offensive pieces. This team may be bad, but it is waaayyy too early to judge.

I want to see what this team looks like when healthy and having an offseason and preseason together. I said it in another thread, but this is a fluke season. We may be 0-3 but there's no way we are a worse team top to bottom than the Jets or Giants or Dolphins or Jags.

To quote Aaron Rodgers, "R-E-L-A-X."
              Last edited by Megalodon30; 09-29-2020, 08:24 AM.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                Yeah, it is early. And we were having these same conversations last year when we started 0-4.

We won't have a good idea where we're drafting until the three quarters through the season. We had a stinker against TB, but competed against the Titans and the Steelers who are a combined 6-0.

The teams we have played so far are a combined 8-1. We're missing many of our star players. We have a new offense and many young offensive pieces. This team may be bad, but it is waaayyy too early to judge.

I want to see what this team looks like when healthy and having an offseason and preseason together. I said it in another thread, but this is a fluke season. We may be 0-3 but there's no way we are a worse team top to bottom than the Jets or Giants or Dolphins or Jags.

If Rodgers was the QB here I could totally get behind that. But when I hear Vic say there could be a possibility of playing 2 QB's a-la Shawn Moore and Tommy Maddox., it's hard to relax

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                  If Rodgers was the QB here I could totally get behind that. But when I hear Vic say there could be a possibility of playing 2 QB's a-la Shawn Moore and Tommy Maddox., it's hard to relax
                  True. The QB position is a huge problem. If Driskel starts every game that Lock is out, they've got no shot. But I still don't think this team is so bad that we end up with a top 3 pick. We weren't last year despite a very poor start to the season and I don't think we will be this year either.
                  Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

The one big thing which many need to remember is that a good to great QBs will adjust protections like we saw Peyton Manning do. Brett was doing some of that as well. There is also the type of throws which top QBs are capable of. We all recall the fade style throws Peyton was able to do to the back of the End zone. Or the arching bombs which Wilson, Mahomes and Rodgers can do. I have not really seen Lock make many of those throws. So am I saying that Lock is the equivalent of Josh Rosen....no. That said I do think that one of two things need to change. One we need better offensive play calling. Play calling which maximizes Locks skill-sets and NOT play calling which trys to force Lock into a system which he is not good or great at. Two - if Lock doesn't elevate the rest of the team around him AND we end up in a top 1-2 pick situation then I think we at least need to lean into the direction of looking at taking one of the top QBs in the 2021 draft. Add onto that the pretty great talent we have at the skilled positions and we would be back on the right track.

On the flipside and I really hate to say this aloud if your top paid player cannot take the field on defense and the rest of your depth cannot pickup the slack you're in big trouble. I need to go back and re-watch the tape but I find it troubling that so little pressure has been had by the Broncos front.

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

While I agree with what you're saying to an extent the issues I have with some of it is WHO we are missing and how little we are seeing from a productivity stand point form those behind them,

So on offense we are missing: Lindsay, Austin Fort & Courtland Sutton. Now in fairness Sutton was here on the roster and playing for game 1 and a portion of game 2. The sad truth is that our starting OL is who we meant it to be (once James went on COVID leave). What is even more egregious is that Wilkinson has been left in the lineup despite allowing by far the most QB hits AND Sacks.

On Defense that is a different story. Although even on defense we are still only missing a small number of our starters. Von, Casey and Bouye. Again much like the offensive comments while we have seen Calitro, Barron, Dre'Mont Jones, Strnad & Walker all land on IR as well only Casey & Von are the starters on IR for the season. For me this is a real concern. While we are missing a good number of players we are really not missing a TON of our starters. And even when they were in we did not see incredible play.

Can we start winning - Sure. That said in what fashion will we win? Who are we on each side of the ball?

Comment

Working...
                      X