Royce Freeman Needs more touches.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royce Freeman Needs more touches.

As title says Gordan experiment not going well get Freeman more touches.
    sigpic WHEC-724

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
    As title says Gordan experiment not going well get Freeman more touches.
    Yes, but as the QB, not RB.

Comment

Royce Freeman just about got our backup QB killed. He is running tough but he better block on pass plays better if you want to justify playing him more. We need to commit to the run more. Our O-line needs to block better and open a hole up. Freeman can run all day into the back of OL and into the DL tackles just as easily as Melvin Gordon.

Comment

Gordon is doing as well as one can expect. He’s breaking the first tackle the majority of the time, but when you’re breaking that tackle in the backfield it’s hard to get any momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          Gordon is doing as well as one can expect. He’s breaking the first tackle the majority of the time, but when you’re breaking that tackle in the backfield it’s hard to get any momentum.
          True true. Still feel Freeman has something to offer.
          sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

We just played the 3rd and 1st best run defenses after 3 weeks (probably will not change tonight as the Chiefs will get 20+ rushing yards)....try keeping that in mind.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Once Lindsay comes back Freeman will be keeping the bench warm. He'll be lucky to get a few touches a game

Comment

I am most excited to see Lindsay coming back having his explosion will add something our run game
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

can he snap the football and block?

Comment

Freeman needs to see a load of carries.. not at all impressed with Gordon except for his pass pro..
                    sigpic

Comment

This board.

1. Gordon is not an experiment.
                      2. Gordon is doing really really well.
                      3. Melvin is still running at 4 yards a clip
                      4. EVERY TEAM knows we cannot throw so they can stack the box. Have you counted the boxes we are running against? 8, 9 and 10 sometimes.
                      5. Lindsay is going to have the same issues. The good news is with Lindsay back it will soften up defenses for both guys (gordon and lindsay)
                      6. Unitl we get Lock back in the lineup- teams are going to load up the run and dare us to pass. And we cannot.
                      7. It is amazing that our guys are running as well as they are (freeman, gordon, lindsay, now bellamy)
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                        2. Gordon is doing really really well.
                        Everyone has their own definitions and measuring sticks I guess. Really really well to me would suggest he is playing good football and doing his job, I wouldn't say that. You can see the skill he has, but he has been a non-factor as a receiver out of the backfield, that was the main thing he was meant to bring to the team. And as a runner, for the number of carries, he is getting, the production for me is just mediocre. I think he can be a contributor, he has skill clearly, but I would say right now he has been a disappointment and nothing more than mediocre. That fumble he had in the opener was crucial in that loss as well. Freeman isn't going to be any sort of saviour though, he is the definition of mediocre.

Comment

I think we all need to slow our role on Gordon just a little bit. The issues here are not with him (most of the time). As others have pointed out it is very difficult to build up momentum and get clear vision when you're dodging the 1st tackle in the backfield and then trying to go from there. We started to see what Gordon could be with us when we saw Brett shift protections and properly leverage Gordon as the safety valve. I also think it is important to remember that due to the poor play from Risner, Cush, Glasgow & Wilk coverages and chips are being done to help protect our QB. These types of plays both slow and limit the offense. Right now assuming Brett starts we will be on QB #3 in three games.

Comment

Gordon is matching his production from the year he averaged 5.1 ypc. He’s breaking a similar amount of tackles, he’s averaging 2.5 yards after contact compared to 2.7 that season. The big difference is he averaged 2.3 yards before contact that season where as it’s been 1.7 yards before contact this season.

Gordon already has over 100 yards after contact and only 71 before contact. He’s creating more yards for himself than our oline is.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              Gordon is matching his production from the year he averaged 5.1 ypc. He’s breaking a similar amount of tackles, he’s averaging 2.5 yards after contact compared to 2.7 that season. The big difference is he averaged 2.3 yards before contact that season where as it’s been 1.7 yards before contact this season.

Gordon already has over 100 yards after contact and only 71 before contact. He’s creating more yards for himself than our oline is.
                              This....and he has 1 of our 4 receiving touchdowns.

Furthermore Lindberg, melvin has caught nearly ever pass hes gotten his hands on. Can't blame him for not seeing more passes.
                              He and Lindsay are a really good duo. What we lack is a qb....and rt. Although with Eli out, maybe things get better???? Noone can be worse than Eli, right? Right?
                              So far:
                              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Working...
                              X