This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Elway doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy that wants to see the offense dramatically altered to cater to the skill set of a quarterback like Lamar Jackson. I also don’t think he’s ever hired a coaching staff that would have even known how to cater to Lamar Jackson’s skill set.
    Hell Elway has not hired a coaching staff to coach ANY qb. Thats why we still need one. Love Elway the player but his old school way of thinking is killing us. We are very boring to watch and have excitement.
    In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I’m fine with Lock getting time to develop.

I just think Justin Fields should be a consideration, if he becomes an option. By becoming an option, I mean he’s available when the Broncos pick or at the very least they don’t have to sell the farm to move up to get him.
      I disagree when you want a player and think he is the player you do what you gotta....k.c. jump for pat, texans jumped for watson, falcons jumped for Julio. Sometimes you gotta take a chance.
      In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• Across the League, the second year is the critical year in player development. Drew Lock has substantially regressed in every passing category in his second year. Don’t blame the new system. A decent quarterback in a bad system will still have more touchdowns, a higher completion percentage, and fewer picks than Drew Lock this year.

Over the final 10 games, Lock must have 15+ TDs, <7 INTs, and a 65%+ to earn the starter job next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
          Across the League, the second year is the critical year in player development. Drew Lock has substantially regressed in every passing category in his second year. Don’t blame the new system. A decent quarterback in a bad system will still have more touchdowns, a higher completion percentage, and fewer picks than Drew Lock this year.

Over the final 10 games, Lock must have 15+ TDs, <7 INTs, and a 65%+ to earn the starter job next year.
          That "could" happen in theory. I am thinking 12 TD's 10 INT's and 60%. Every QB has dropped TD passes, Lock has 4. Every QB has drops we lead the league. Every QB makes bad reads and Lock has made a lot of them too. He did learn a little bit in the second half against KC, yet he also made some really lousy throws too. IF we can draft Justin Fields or Trevor Lawerence without trading up more than a spot or two we should. We will likely know if we need to if we can do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
            Across the League, the second year is the critical year in player development. Drew Lock has substantially regressed in every passing category in his second year. Don’t blame the new system. A decent quarterback in a bad system will still have more touchdowns, a higher completion percentage, and fewer picks than Drew Lock this year.

I don't see why you say that. Some starters in the nfl don't have 65% completion rate. He needs to show improvement. You could argue he has gone against 3 very good defenses. Pit, Ne Kc are all top ten d this year. The titans are a middle of the pack d. But he also had a game coming off injury and a snow game where any qb would struggle in. There are gonna be up and downs for any qb. Also stats definitely don't show the whole story.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

I don't see why you say that. Some starters in the nfl don't have 65% completion rate. He needs to show improvement. You could argue he has gone against 3 very good defenses. Pit, Ne Kc are all top ten d this year. The titans are a middle of the pack d. But he also had a game coming off injury and a snow game where any qb would struggle in. There are gonna be up and downs for any qb. Also stats definitely don't show the whole story.
              “Improvement” is not enough! I say 65% because 22 starters in the NFL have 65%+. I say 15 TDs because 22 QBs have 1.5 TDs per game. So if being top 22 is too much for Drew Lock, then we are certainly in need of a new QB. In fact, those goals I laid out are probably less than what I think are necessary for Lock to start next year.

Comment

• I think it is Time to Bench Drew and Start Ripin.....If Drew cannot figure it out then Time to move on no more excuses NO MORE.

Comment

• Brock Osweiler and Trevor Siemian both had more opportunities to succeed than Lock. I am careful for what I wish for, those 2 guys are not playing anytime soon for anybody.

If in the next 4 games we see awful QB play or no improvement on second and third reads and obviously errant passes, then yes I think Elway and Fangio take a step back and say this isn't the direction we need to head. That might get all three fired or benched.

Comment

• These are rookie growing pains, or Lock's a bust, but we won't know until his trial period is up and that's not now. It's sheer arrogance to claim that one "KNOOOOOWS"! You don't know crap! There are plenty of successful QB who struggled in their first years: Fran Tarkenton, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, etc. Should their teams have given up on them because they threw picks and their numbers were bad?

We can all see that Lock has some of the traits of a good leader, and I don't believe we have witnessed his ceiling -he can and will improve, because he's still young and he has a good work ethic.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• I'm just looking to see if Herbert looks more polished than Lock this weekend. That would be a red flag and give me pause.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

John Elway, in his first year, including 10 starts...7 TDs and 14 pics. QB Rate of 54.9

Drew Lock in his first 9 games.....8 TDs and 7 pics....QB Rate of 76.5

Sure, not supposed to go back that far, but those weren't good stats, period. And I'm sure he looked like a project.

I'm not sure what to think about Lock this year. I definitely thought his play would be much better than it is.

Regarding Elway in his first year. I remember many fans, not just Bronco fans thinking WOW, the Broncos pulled off one of the greatest acquisitions of a high end athlete in sports history. Then the chinks in Elway's armor began to appear as his first season progressed as a starter. It didn't take long for many Elway fans in general to start saying " wasted money, wasted trade, he's a loser, get rid of him while he still has some value.

Sometimes when people, fans, get what they wish for, they end up with huge regrets. I say wait until the end of this season to make any concrete decisions regarding anything about negativity in the Denver Bronco organization.
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• I think we have to stick with Drew for the season, let him get his shot. I think he needs a break out game or two. Hopefully he will improve, if he really starts to struggle then he needs to be benched. I don't think it would be the right to bench him immediately without giving him a legitimate chance to improve.
                          He might go on a winning streak, and have some really great games?
                          ​​​​
                          Could you imagine if he gets benched, and gets cut from the Broncos, and then goes to another team, and has a great career.

We have to try to develop a young QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            I think we have to stick with Drew for the season, let him get his shot. I think he needs a break out game or two. Hopefully he will improve, if he really starts to struggle then he needs to be benched. I don't think it would be the right to bench him immediately without giving him a legitimate chance to improve.
                            He might go on a winning streak, and have some really great games?
                            ​​​​
                            Could you imagine if he gets benched, and gets cut from the Broncos, and then goes to another team, and has a great career.

We have to try to develop a young QB.
                            Like Tampa Bay dumping Steve Young, then the Niners won a SB with him. That would be a nightmare.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                              These are rookie growing pains, or Lock's a bust, but we won't know until his trial period is up and that's not now. It's sheer arrogance to claim that one "KNOOOOOWS"! You don't know crap! There are plenty of successful QB who struggled in their first years: Fran Tarkenton, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, etc. Should their teams have given up on them because they threw picks and their numbers were bad?

We can all see that Lock has some of the traits of a good leader, and I don't believe we have witnessed his ceiling -he can and will improve, because he's still young and he has a good work ethic.
                              Please explain the drastic regression in all passing categories for Lock from last year. Also, how many seasons to we give him? I don't "know" the answers, as I am not a coach or personnel professional in the League. But I can tell he is making the wrong choices far too often. If he can't overcome that, he shouldn't be a starter, let alone our franchise quarterback.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Like Tampa Bay dumping Steve Young, then the Niners won a SB with him. That would be a nightmare.
                                Steve Young was on a historically bad Tampa Bay team. As bad as the Broncos are, Lock has weapons around him and coaches who know the game (in some ways). The Steve Young nightmare scenario is not applicable here. And the nightmare scenario generally exists with every personnel move anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X