This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post

You’re probably in a very small minority with that , from being 6 - 5 in 88 i don’t think there was anyone to challenge them after that and including the next season , in week 16 88 they had clinched 2nd seed and took their foot off the gas vs the rams and arguably deliberately lost to prevent the giants making the playoffs , particularly with them playing so well i think most people wouldn’t see any drop off at all with young , john madden said in the jan 91 nfc champ game that the giants had a different defence for young , i think seifert and the 49ers missed a trick and should have started young vs the giants , prior to roger craig’s fumble the 49ers only got into the giants half three times including a missed tackle by mark collins that allowed john taylor to score a td , the giants were clearly the better team vs montana but the 49ers may have 3 peated with young , glad they didn’t after what they did in the superdome the year before though !
    Hard to say what everyone thought thirty years ago, and no I-Net, but Young did well as a backup that's true. No one knew he was going to be star --especially after Tampa cut him, and that's the whole point.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Ok, I think this thread has served it's purpose. Lock is no longer on the IR, just battling accuracy, progression, footwork, etc.

For all Drew Lock discussion, go to the main thread here. https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...all-aa/240099-

Comment

Working...
      X