This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

That would be good. I don't have a lot of concern over the postponement if we get him back. He's the long term answer in my opinion, not the current backups. Gordon did not make things better though, which we have discussed elsewhere.
    Would be nice to get Lock, Fant, Lindsay and Bouye all back this week. Lock and Lindsay seem very likely (I think Fangio playing coy about it is gamesmanship), Fant seems questionable, and I've heard nothing about Bouye, but he should be back soon based on original timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Would be nice to get Lock, Fant, Lindsay and Bouye all back this week. Lock and Lindsay seem very likely (I think Fangio playing coy about it is gamesmanship), Fant seems questionable, and I've heard nothing about Bouye, but he should be back soon based on original timeline.
      That's a load of talent! Makes you think back not too long ago and realize why many of us were pumped, especially just before Von went down. Not that he was the key to our success this year, but since his injury we've had our share.

Comment

I believe Bouye practiced yesterday. I think Fant is the least likely to play.

Comment

Exciting to hear that Lock seems to have learned that he can’t always make a play out of nothing. He said he’s going to work on getting rid of the ball to his checkdowns or throwing it away when he feels pressure. Hopefully he can strike that balance between checking down when he has to and not becoming captain checkdown.

Whether you like him or not he says the right things and seems to learn from his mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Exciting to hear that Lock seems to have learned that he can’t always make a play out of nothing. He said he’s going to work on getting rid of the ball to his checkdowns or throwing it away when he feels pressure. Hopefully he can strike that balance between checking down when he has to and not becoming captain checkdown.

Whether you like him or not he says the right things and seems to learn from his mistakes.
            Now we're talking coaching. Hero ball doesn't last in the NFL. Team execution is the requirement. Lock is saying the right things. Let's see if there's improvement there.

Comment

Originally posted by welderhead View Post

Now we're talking coaching. Hero ball doesn't last in the NFL. Team execution is the requirement. Lock is saying the right things. Let's see if there's improvement there.
              What I want to see from Drew is Accuracy Show Me The Money !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

What I want to see from Drew is Accuracy Show Me The Money !!!!
                I might be too optimistic, but I think this is something Drew can achieve. He has the strength but he needs to work on his footwork and touch instead of trying to force the ball. More practice, more game time, more learning from and improving on his mistakes should help those mechanics as well as more time with his receivers.

Comment

I think every young QB has a number of things to work on. Many vets do as well. The good news for me on Lock, you can work on arm strength, but when you got it, you got it! And he's got it. And his quick release and athleticism help minimize sacks and turnovers, as was already apparent in his 5 game NFL resume of last season. Those things alone are important factors for any QB. And based on what I saw last year, he was more accurate than I anticipated, and he looks the part. I stay very confident in his future!

Comment

Lock still looks like a QB who is less than half a season of starts under his belt. He needs to be on the field to get better.

Think if the pass protection gives him enough time to make a decision...and he makes a decision quickly....we will start to learn what Lock is all about.

The pass protection last week gave Rypien enough time to make a decision for the most part and Rypien made a decision quickly. Lets hope we build on that.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by maaskesr View Post

I believe Bouye practiced yesterday. I think Fant is the least likely to play.
                      According to either Ben Allbright or Mike Klis (can't remember which) both Bouye and Fant participated in position drills yesterday. It'll be interesting to see if both took steps forward today.

Comment

Originally posted by welderhead View Post

A lot of what Mahomes and the Chefs do is hero ball. Mahomes runs around 15 yards behind the line, and eventually Hill or Kelce get themselves open. Similar to Seattle, at least in previous years, Wilson would just run around until someone came open. Same with Rodgers in Green Bay etc.

I think a lot of great QBs were so because of hero ball. Very few are like Manning or Brady where they were great because they knew exactly what the dfense was doing and knew exactly where their guys were going to be exactly when they needed to get rid of the ball.

Comment

A lot of what Mahomes and the Chefs do is hero ball. Mahomes runs around 15 yards behind the line, and eventually Hill or Kelce get themselves open. Similar to Seattle, at least in previous years, Wilson would just run around until someone came open. Same with Rodgers in Green Bay etc.

I think a lot of great QBs were so because of hero ball. Very few are like Manning or Brady where they were great because they knew exactly what the dfense was doing and knew exactly where their guys were going to be exactly when they needed to get rid of the ball.
                          I agree with you that folks like Manning, who was like an OC on the field, and can read Ds, played the game the way folks like me respect it to be played. Even listening to Romo and his keen ability to explain what's happening and what would work in those situations, is enjoyable to me. It's pure. It's smart. It's not come by in a few short years. These are students of the game.

As for hero ball, as you describe, it's not as pure, but given the talents you mention, it clearly has a place. Whether its evolution or improved athleticism (which we've discussed in various ways), it does have a home. Everyone looks for an edge, and at some point, that became an edge, at least for those who could succeed at it.

I am not disagreeing with you one iota.....I love the pure, intelligent, studied part of the game, and I guess I love the fact that the game is not played the same by everyone, rather the ones who can make it work. For me there are two good sides to this discussion.

Comment

According to either Ben Allbright or Mike Klis (can't remember which) both Bouye and Fant participated in position drills yesterday. It'll be interesting to see if both took steps forward today.
                            Allbright also pointed out how if you take away Driskel's snaps at QB the Broncos' O looks a lot better and is about middle of the pack with either Lock or Rypien.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I agree with you that folks like Manning, who was like an OC on the field, and can read Ds, played the game the way folks like me respect it to be played. Even listening to Romo and his keen ability to explain what's happening and what would work in those situations, is enjoyable to me. It's pure. It's smart. It's not come by in a few short years. These are students of the game.

As for hero ball, as you describe, it's not as pure, but given the talents you mention, it clearly has a place. Whether its evolution or improved athleticism (which we've discussed in various ways), it does have a home. Everyone looks for an edge, and at some point, that became an edge, at least for those who could succeed at it.

I am not disagreeing with you one iota.....I love the pure, intelligent, studied part of the game, and I guess I love the fact that the game is not played the same by everyone, rather the ones who can make it work. For me there are two good sides to this discussion.
                              Terry Bradshaw had a career of hero ball. It has it's place, especially if it results in a W at the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Allbright also pointed out how if you take away Driskel's snaps at QB the Broncos' O looks a lot better and is about middle of the pack with either Lock or Rypien.
                                Seriously?! Will the NFL let us do that?

Comment

Working...
                                X