This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

Terry Bradshaw had a career of hero ball. It has it's place, especially if it results in a W at the end of the game.
    Sure. Fran Tarkenton and others as well. Butler might like this, though I am not sure he played quite the same as today's scramblers, but Steve Young could move his feet and throw with the best of them. I just think we are seeing more of it in what I continue to call a solid period of throwing, athletic QBs.

But again, I so respect those QBs who could see the field better than the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Sure. Fran Tarkenton and others as well. Butler might like this, though I am not sure he played quite the same as today's scramblers, but Steve Young could move his feet and throw with the best of them. I just think we are seeing more of it in what I continue to call a solid period of throwing, athletic QBs.

Yep, Young was great. But moving your feet does not equal success... I mean Mark Sanchez?

Comment

Yep, Young was great. But moving your feet does not equal success... I mean Mark Sanchez?
        Not going to even try to argue that point. But I did say move feet and throw with the best of them. Lets just say I keep descriptions a little short at times. Laziness. Good throwing QBs who are mobile and athletic, who can extend drives with their arms and their feet. So many good ones these days - Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Allen, Prescott (poor guy), Murray, and more.
        Last edited by CanDB; 10-17-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Terry Bradshaw had a career of hero ball. It has it's place, especially if it results in a W at the end of the game.
          And without hijacking the thread, I will just say Denver had a very enjoyable season of a QB playing hero ball.

Comment

Steve Young is my favourite non-Bronco player of all-time. He just looked so effortless when he did incredible things. If he had signed with Denver in 2000 (everyone thought he would) Denver wins at least 1 more Super Bowl in that era. During his A Football Life, Young mentioned at the end that he regretted not signing in Denver and his wife teased him about it to that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

And without hijacking the thread, I will just say Denver had a very enjoyable season of a QB playing hero ball.
              Bwahahahahaha

I want my troll emoji smilie thingy

Comment

Steve Young is my favourite non-Bronco player of all-time. He just looked so effortless when he did incredible things. If he had signed with Denver in 2000 (everyone thought he would) Denver wins at least 1 more Super Bowl in that era. During his A Football Life, Young mentioned at the end that he regretted not signing in Denver and his wife teased him about it to that day.
                I was a fan for sure. It just boggles my mind that The 49ers had Montana and him. Seriously!!!!

Comment

I saw Lock on You tube, He sounds like he is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    I saw Lock on You tube, He sounds like he is ready.
                    If we win thanks in due part because of him, we might have benefitted from the Pats' covid situation.

Comment

Seriously?! Will the NFL let us do that?
                      You SERIOUSLY don't understand the point? OK, I'll explain. It means we've been better with the other two QBs playing. It has NOTHING to do whether we can take out Driskel's stats. Obviously you don't scout teams or handicap games.

Comment

I was a fan for sure. It just boggles my mind that The 49ers had Montana and him. Seriously!!!!
                        He was the original bust. He went to Tampa Bay, after a stop in the USFL, and was bad, and injured on an awful team. They picked Testaverde because of how bad he was. Bill Walsh (a bit of a genius) thought Young had all of the abilities and that his time in Tampa was a result of poor talent around him, so the 49ers traded for him. Worked out great for both sides.

As for the 49ers, it's odd that they traded for him at first glance, but if we go further into it, during the 83 draft 30 for 30, Elway's agent said that Bill Walsh was looking for a way to trade Montana to get Elway, but it obviously never happened.

Comment

He was the original bust. He went to Tampa Bay, after a stop in the USFL, and was bad, and injured on an awful team. They picked Testaverde because of how bad he was. Bill Walsh (a bit of a genius) thought Young had all of the abilities and that his time in Tampa was a result of poor talent around him, so the 49ers traded for him. Worked out great for both sides.

As for the 49ers, it's odd that they traded for him at first glance, but if we go further into it, during the 83 draft 30 for 30, Elway's agent said that Bill Walsh was looking for a way to trade Montana to get Elway, but it obviously never happened.
                          That's why you keep moving forward, even when you hit a few speed bumps. Interesting how 3 HoF QBs were all involved in Walsh's plan, including 3 of the all time greats!! Then there was that Rice guy.....

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

You SERIOUSLY don't understand the point? OK, I'll explain. It means we've been better with the other two QBs playing. It has NOTHING to do whether we can take out Driskel's stats. Obviously you don't scout teams or handicap games.

Comment

If we win thanks in due part because of him, we might have benefitted from the Pats' covid situation.
                              It's been awhile since we beat the Patriots it would be great if we could get the W!

Last edited by Capt. Jack; 10-15-2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

It's been awhile since we beat the Patriots it would be great if we could get the W!

It would be fantastic, in Foxboro!! I give them the odds....but I don't hate our chances with Lock and some of the others in there!!

Comment

Working...
                                X