X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's been 13 years since we won in Foxboro

Comment

Originally posted by maaskesr View Post

I believe Bouye practiced yesterday. I think Fant is the least likely to play.
      He did practice but...

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...ong-direction/
      Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        Exciting to hear that Lock seems to have learned that he can’t always make a play out of nothing. He said he’s going to work on getting rid of the ball to his checkdowns or throwing it away when he feels pressure. Hopefully he can strike that balance between checking down when he has to and not becoming captain checkdown.

Whether you like him or not he says the right things and seems to learn from his mistakes.
        Well, part of the problem is that our pass protection has been crap ever since Lock was put out there. Remember last year when suddenly our QB wasn't getting sacked as much because our QB was Lock? And this year we haven't had solid play at the RT position at any point that we have had Lock in. So, yeah, Lock can throw the ball away instead of trying to extend plays. But up until now he has known that extending plays was the only chance we had at winning games. He's smart enough to settle down and take advantage of better pass pro if it's there. I think it will be there more often with Dotson at RT. But once again for what feels like the billionth time this team needs help on the O-Line going forward.

Comment

I have a bet with my Nephew (a case of beer) that Drew Lock will have a winning record this year. He said that "Drew Lock will be out of the league in 2 years". And that "Elway can't pick quarterback to save his butt". (Little Punk Nephew)
          Last edited by Capt. Jack; 10-17-2020, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
            I have a bet with my Nephew (a case of beer) that Drew Lock will have a winning record this year. He said that "Drew Lock will be out of the league and 2 years". And that "Elway can't pick quarterback to save his butt". (Little Punk Nephew)
            Elway was drooling over Hebert the year we drafted Lock. Prescott was an option before he messed it up prior to the draft. I don’t think Elway is necessarily a bad judge of QB talent, I think he’s not the greatest judge of a young QB’s character. I think he gave Lynch and Osweiler the benefit of the doubt that they’d grow into leaders and it bit us in the butt. I won’t hold the FA QBs against him because none of them were brought into be long term guys, even with Manning they still doubled down by taking Osweiler.

Comment

I have a bet with my Nephew (a case of beer) that Drew Lock will have a winning record this year. He said that "Drew Lock will be out of the league and 2 years". And that "Elway can't pick quarterback to save his butt". (Little Punk Nephew)
              Did you take that bet before half of our starters were hurt?

I still think you could win that bet this year. We are going to have to get the Defense to force more turnovers and give us better field position than what we are currently doing. Of course giving Lock the opportunity to not get killed in the pocket or blocking long enough for him to extend a few plays for first down throws would be nice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

Did you take that bet before half of our starters were hurt?

I still think you could win that bet this year. We are going to have to get the Defense to force more turnovers and give us better field position than what we are currently doing. Of course giving Lock the opportunity to not get killed in the pocket or blocking long enough for him to extend a few plays for first down throws would be nice as well.
                it was last Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner

Comment

I think it's been 13 years since we won in Foxboro

Good time to start a new trend!

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Elway was drooling over Hebert the year we drafted Lock. Prescott was an option before he messed it up prior to the draft. I don’t think Elway is necessarily a bad judge of QB talent, I think he’s not the greatest judge of a young QB’s character. I think he gave Lynch and Osweiler the benefit of the doubt that they’d grow into leaders and it bit us in the butt. I won’t hold the FA QBs against him because none of them were brought into be long term guys, even with Manning they still doubled down by taking Osweiler.
                    Great post!! I know hind sight is 2020 but we could of taken Russel Wilson or Nick Foles instead of Osweiler too. I think Lock is a good character guy hopefully he can stay healthy enough to prove me right.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Allbright also pointed out how if you take away Driskel's snaps at QB the Broncos' O looks a lot better and is about middle of the pack with either Lock or Rypien.
                      And with Lock back, I can see a decent brand of exciting, productive football returning. If we lose this weekend, I don't see us making the playoffs, but I feel confident that we will look better and better as we move thru the season....pending injuries/covid.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if Drew Lock started and had a great game and we beat the Patriots soundly in Foxboro.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if Drew Lock started and had a great game and we beat the Patriots soundly in Foxboro.

Yes it would be great!
                          You Mad Bro?

Comment

As if it wasn't already clear that Lock would be starting this week, the Broncos released Blake Bortles today. I'm guessing we'll see Lock and Rypien as the two active QBs tomorrow. Although if there's any question at all about Lock's health, maybe they'll activate all three, just to be safe.

Comment

Lock must be starting if Bortles was released. I could be reading between the lines as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post
                                Lock must be starting if Bortles was released. I could be reading between the lines as well.
                                I'm surprised he was released , I thought he would be a good veteran backup.

Comment

Working...
                                X