This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tdeng88 View Post
    Agreed Capt. Jack. He is 5-3. Half a season. He made a lot of mental errors in this game. The only way to improve is game time experience. He has the physical tools. I was happy to hear he has been working with/ communicating with Kurt Werner. He has the work ethic. Reading NFL defenses is not easy or something that happens over night. I would like to see him take advantage of Noah Fant more often. Love his chemistry with our other young TE who is showing a lot of promise. Chemistry and experience will go a long way. Plus getting everyone back. Just losing lindsay today was a huge blow. He gives us way better balance and allows Gordon to just be a complimentary piece. Plus the play action after lindsay starts busting long runs really helps the offense. Lots to be excited about.
    Well, he's 5-4 now. Yes, he made many mental errors, by the second half of your second year, that HAS TO STOP. That Sorensen interception was inexcusable, throwing a soft sidearm pass into the flat. The only way to improve is through game experience, yes, but how many games do you give him before you can determine he isn't the answer? If he isn't throwing the right ball to the right receiver by the end of this season, it is clear. I am not willing to wait for next year to build on chemistry, as you say. Injuries and chemistry do not justify giving Drew Lock another season if this season is a failure. I AM TIRED OF WAITING!

Comment

• Yes, some of his play is kinda ugly, but we have to give him this season at least, if he shows some improvement and learns from his mistakes that would be good. He needs On-the-job training. Remember Peyton Manning's first year with the Colts?
      (Rome wasn't built in a day)
      We never gave Paxton Lynch a chance, we can't keep drafting quarterbacks and not have any patience with them. We need to develop a Young quarterback and give it some time.
      There was a lot of pressure on him yesterday to start against the Super Bowl champions, (His childhood team). I believe he really wants to win. He took the heat a little bit, trying too hard, he's basically just a little kid.
      He is very young and inexperienced he needs to gain confidence playing in the NFL and we really need to support him instead expecting to much from him .
      (Good things take time.)
      This is our chance to be supportive of our young quarterback.
      Last edited by Capt. Jack; 10-26-2020, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• I don’t know how anybody can be excited after watching this clown show offense the last 2 weeks. Lock has thrown just 1 TD this year. His stats this season if spread over 16 games is 4 TDs, 16 INTs, 2700 yards, 55% comp, and 6.6 YPA. That’s not just bad but would be one of the worst seasons for a starting QB in NFL history.

Comment

• It doesn't matter if you're excited or disappointed. Drew Lock needs on the job training. This point and click, and get instant gratification Society we live in, isn't really reality.

Why does everybody need to be excited?

The emotion needed right now is patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

Well, he's 5-4 now. Yes, he made many mental errors, by the second half of your second year, that HAS TO STOP. That Sorensen interception was inexcusable, throwing a soft sidearm pass into the flat. The only way to improve is through game experience, yes, but how many games do you give him before you can determine he isn't the answer? If he isn't throwing the right ball to the right receiver by the end of this season, it is clear. I am not willing to wait for next year to build on chemistry, as you say. Injuries and chemistry do not justify giving Drew Lock another season if this season is a failure. I AM TIRED OF WAITING!
            That INT was so bad, killer at that point in the game. They were moving the ball, at midfield, a TD there and the take the lead. On 2nd down he throws a pick six, they went from possibly taking the lead to being down 2 scores. Down 2 scores, with this offense against at the Chiefs, it was game over already at that point.

Comment

Hes only 9 games into his career. Was the INT bad? Absolutely but you can’t just look at numbers, you have to analyze why the INT happened. First mistake was going into a 5 wide set, oline has struggled picking up blitzes and now you’re putting your young QB in a situation where there is going to be a free rusher. Second mistake, Lock sees the free rusher and instead of accepting the hit and stepping into his throw he widens his stance to try and side arm a pass to avoid the blitzer resulting in less velocity on the ball. Third mistake, Fant doesn’t recognize the blitz and runs his route to the same depth. When a team blitzes a 5 wide set you have to understand that there will be a free rusher so you have to shorten your route so your QB can get the ball to you quicker, if he shortens that route he gets out quicker and gives Lock more time and space to get the ball to him and creates a further distance Sorensen has to run to undercut the route.

That INT was terrible and Lock has to recognize that it’s better to take a sack there than to try and make a play. That’s a play that he needs to watch on repeat to ingrain the importance of footwork when passing. Ultimately it falls on Lock, but there were mistakes made everywhere from the play call to the execution.

Comment

• I was wondering how many people on here got a promotion at their job, and hit the ground running, and did a fantastic job, and never made a mistake? And to start off they were just the best at their new job, or promotion?

A lot of times with a new job or a promotion, there's a bit of a learning curve. And good management knows this, and they work hard to nurture the employee to get the most out of that employee. (If they believe in them.)

Bad management starts nitpicking and torturing the employee until they quit or get fired.
                Alot of times if they were more supportive, and positive, things would work out for the better.
                And then of course there is a possibility that the employee just stinks, and got the promotion because of nepotism, and isn't really qualified for the job or the promotion.
                But it still takes a little bit of time, to let it all play out.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Hes only 9 games into his career. Was the INT bad? Absolutely but you can’t just look at numbers, you have to analyze why the INT happened. First mistake was going into a 5 wide set, oline has struggled picking up blitzes and now you’re putting your young QB in a situation where there is going to be a free rusher. Second mistake, Lock sees the free rusher and instead of accepting the hit and stepping into his throw he widens his stance to try and side arm a pass to avoid the blitzer resulting in less velocity on the ball. Third mistake, Fant doesn’t recognize the blitz and runs his route to the same depth. When a team blitzes a 5 wide set you have to understand that there will be a free rusher so you have to shorten your route so your QB can get the ball to you quicker, if he shortens that route he gets out quicker and gives Lock more time and space to get the ball to him and creates a further distance Sorensen has to run to undercut the route.

That INT was terrible and Lock has to recognize that it’s better to take a sack there than to try and make a play. That’s a play that he needs to watch on repeat to ingrain the importance of footwork when passing. Ultimately it falls on Lock, but there were mistakes made everywhere from the play call to the execution.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Does Lock ever look anywhere but to the right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                      Does Lock ever look anywhere but to the right?
                      Yes. Look at all of the charts:

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/...C374482/season

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Where does Patrick usually line up? Fant certainly isn't on the left. Yes if you want to force a ball once in awhile I would like to see them force it to Jeudy more often. Sutton lined up on the left I believe. That interception hit Hamler in the hands it was about 6 inches behind him. Right handed QB's don't flush left alot unless there is really bad matchup because you are throwing across your body.
                        Now it sounds like I am making excuses for Lock. 3 of those throws to the left were bad like so bad I don't want him throwing that direction anyways. He certainly needs to improve. There are growing pains with QB's. Sam Darnold is not looking good. Baker Mayfield is still very inconsistent, better than Lock but still. Josh Allen did look average last week he really has improved from college though. Desean Watson is not awesome this year, glad we didn't pay Kirk Cousins. Where the heck is Josh Rosen? I love Joe Burrow but the only game he has looked really decent was against Cleveland who is not an awesome defense. Daniel Jones? bad team but he isn't thriving. Dwayne Haskins yikes. Mason Rudolph, Mitch Trubisky, even Carson Wentz this year not good.

I which there was an answer but Rypien is not that. Every guy I just listed was a 2 round or higher and guys this board was hoping we would have an opportunity to get. With the exception of Josh Allen guys we wouldn't be winning more games with most of them. Josh Allen didn't beat the Titans and 2 of their wins are the JETS.
                        Last edited by WYBRONCO; 10-26-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                          I was wondering how many people on here got a promotion at their job, and hit the ground running, and did a fantastic job, and never made a mistake? And to start off they were just the best at their new job, or promotion?

A lot of times with a new job or a promotion, there's a bit of a learning curve. And good management knows this, and they work hard to nurture the employee to get the most out of that employee. (If they believe in them.)

Bad management starts nitpicking and torturing the employee until they quit or get fired.
                          Alot of times if they were more supportive, and positive, things would work out for the better.
                          And then of course there is a possibility that the employee just stinks, and got the promotion because of nepotism, and isn't really qualified for the job or the promotion.
                          But it still takes a little bit of time, to let it all play out.
                          He has been groomed to be our franchise quarterback for 18 months. He has the best coaches developing his skills and duties. Yet he makes mistakes that SIMPLY CANNOT BE MADE in a tight game against the division leader. I am fine giving him the rest of the season, but I am not going to make him starter next year unless he shows substantial improvement in the next 7 games.

And taking your scenario a step farther, let’s talk about John Elway. In what job does the boss fail to achieve his objectives for five straight years, squandered 90% of our 1st and 2nd round picks, and still stay boss?

Comment

He has been groomed to be our franchise quarterback for 18 months. He has the best coaches developing his skills and duties. Yet he makes mistakes that SIMPLY CANNOT BE MADE in a tight game against the division leader. I am fine giving him the rest of the season, but I am not going to make him starter next year unless he shows substantial improvement in the next 7 games.

And taking your scenario a step farther, let’s talk about John Elway. In what job does the boss fail to achieve his objectives for five straight years, squandered 90% of our 1st and 2nd round picks, and still stay boss?
                            I can appreciate your point of view. I wouldn't stick with Lock next year if he didn't Improve this year.
                            As far as Elway, he has pretty much over achieved for the Denver Broncos organization for his whole Career.

Comment

• Going into this season, I thought that Lock really had to improve to be the guy. Last year, he would start out fast but then defenses would make adjustments and the offense would stall. This year is more of the same but without the fast starts. It seems like the NFL has caught up with him and he hasn't changed. It's really just the adjustment critique in the macro.

Comment

• I still believe in Lock. There are growing pains for every young qb. He also has all the upside and skills. He needs to still work on parts of his game. But I do really like him and I think he is our franchise qb. Every one makes mistakes. Peyton manning had the most ints a rookie threw in a rookie year. Are you glad the nfl didn't see that figure he made to many mistakes and threw him out. Every one makes mistakes. He has had a few tough games against good defenses. He has also had 1 on limited practice and 1 a snow storm any qb would have trouble throwing into. You guys are freaking out way to much.
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm
                                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                                X