Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock seems to exhibit decision making that almost never gets coached out of a player that has fallen in love with his arm strength. That is why I think Justin Fields should be an option, if the Broncos find themselves in position to make that pick.

They shouldn’t cross their fingers and hope he becomes the next Brett Favre.
    You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      Lock seems to exhibit decision making that almost never gets coached out of a player that has fallen in love with his arm strength. That is why I think Justin Fields should be an option, if the Broncos find themselves in position to make that pick.

They shouldn’t cross their fingers and hope he becomes the next Brett Favre.
      John Elway, in his first year, including 10 starts...7 TDs and 14 pics. QB Rate of 54.9

Drew Lock in his first 9 games.....8 TDs and 7 pics....QB Rate of 76.5

Sure, not supposed to go back that far, but those weren't good stats, period. And I'm sure he looked like a project.
      Last edited by CanDB; 10-26-2020, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

John Elway, in his first year, including 10 starts...7 TDs and 14 pics. QB Rate of 54.9

Sure, not supposed to go back that far, but those weren't good stats, period. And I'm sure he looked like a project.
        The comparison is irrelevant.

Just like they shouldn’t hope he’s the next Favre, they also shouldn’t cross their fingers hoping he’s the next Elway either.
        You Mad Bro?

Comment

The comparison is irrelevant.

Just like they shouldn’t hope he’s the next Favre, they also shouldn’t cross their fingers hoping he’s the next Elway either.
          Fair enough, but Lock is still the guy as far as I am concerned. Unless he regresses and for some duration, I am not too worried.

Comment

• Going back and watching what Lock did last season and I’m wondering why Scangerello was let go. He seemed to understand Lock. He schemed you a lot of quick stuff for Lock and got him in a rhythm and sprinkled in shots here and there. Shurmur is running the same bad trick plays Scangerello would bust out but there isn’t much in the way of the quick passing game. They seemed to go to that late in the Chiefs game and we were having success with it so hopefully Shurmur pulled his head out of his rear end and will let Lock get in a rhythm before chucking up deep pass after deep pass.

Comment

• Maybe Lock just needs the right QB coach or OC to make him better but he sure isn't giving much for hope here

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                I still believe in Lock. There are growing pains for every young qb. He also has all the upside and skills. He needs to still work on parts of his game. But I do really like him and I think he is our franchise qb. Every one makes mistakes. Peyton manning had the most ints a rookie threw in a rookie year. Are you glad the nfl didn't see that figure he made to many mistakes and threw him out. Every one makes mistakes. He has had a few tough games against good defenses. He has also had 1 on limited practice and 1 a snow storm any qb would have trouble throwing into. You guys are freaking out way to much.
                I truly wish people stop bringing up payton. He was the #1 overall pick....of course he is gonna be awarded A LOT of time. Colts invested a lot of money in him at the time. Drew was out what 3rd 2nd rd pick. You cannot compare the two please stop.
                In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

Again why are we saying this. Elway was picked q overall too. There are some qbs that start bad and stay bad. Then you have the ryan leafs started good then defs learn him and things went down hill.

Comment

Fair enough, but Lock is still the guy as far as I am concerned. Unless he regresses and for some duration, I am not too worried.
                    I’m fine with Lock getting time to develop.

I just think Justin Fields should be a consideration, if he becomes an option. By becoming an option, I mean he’s available when the Broncos pick or at the very least they don’t have to sell the farm to move up to get him.
                    You Mad Bro?

Comment

I’m fine with Lock getting time to develop.

I just think Justin Fields should be a consideration, if he becomes an option. By becoming an option, I mean he’s available when the Broncos pick or at the very least they don’t have to sell the farm to move up to get him.
                      If Fields is anywhere within their grasp, they better jump like Van Halen

Comment

• Its "Peyton", not "Payton" !

And we could have had Lamar Jackson!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I truly wish people stop bringing up payton. He was the #1 overall pick....of course he is gonna be awarded A LOT of time. Colts invested a lot of money in him at the time. Drew was out what 3rd 2nd rd pick. You cannot compare the two please stop.
                          My point is every young qb has growing pains. If you expect other wise you are wrong. Josh Rosen was 10th overall and not given any leash. Lock has the tools the work ethic and can be a franchise qb. We just actually need to take the time to develop him
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            Its "Peyton", not "Payton" !

Elway doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy that wants to see the offense dramatically altered to cater to the skill set of a quarterback like Lamar Jackson. I also don’t think he’s ever hired a coaching staff that would have even known how to cater to Lamar Jackson’s skill set.
                            You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Here is what I have grown concerned with as far as Lock goes:

-he is not getting through his progressions, still locking in on receivers, and missing open guys
                              -still throwing off his back foot too often
                              -starting to get happy feet
                              -holding on to the ball for too long
                              -does not seem to have a good feel for when to go for a big strike....tries to force it way too much.
                              -most of all, there seems to be just “something” missing from his game. It’s that thing that says, “yea I’m young but I know how to do this, I am getting it figured out, and I will be a little better every time I take the field”. It’s hard to explain, but look at guys like burrow, Herbert, Murray...they just have something that makes them different in they way their game looks than Lock.

It pains me to say, because I know the implications of this realization...but I don’t think he is our guy. I think he is just another in what has become a long line of fools gold for us. Believe me, I take no joy in saying that....quite the opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                Its "Peyton", not "Payton" !

Typo but thanks. And you are right lol. Idk what happened to my signature lol. I got another coming up.

Comment

Working...
                                X