Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good god, we just might be the worst team in the NFL this year (SMH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good god, we just might be the worst team in the NFL this year (SMH)

with all the injuries to the team not much exceptional talent on the field. I mean not taking anything away from guys that play for an NFL team of course, but we have no big name talent playing.

It very likely at this rate will be an 0-16 season. That would be absolute rock freaking bottom and I never thought I would see this franchise reach to those depths. I mean 4-12 was abysmal to watch, but this is a brand of ball far worse than what I even saw that year.

What is evening more disheartening is that it's clear nobody has an idea on how to correct this at all.

As a lifelong fan of this team for 42 years I am just at a wits end after these past 5 years.
    Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

Someone in another thread was complaining about how 7 playoff wins since 2000. Six of those have been since Elway was GM. In that thread I said someone should compare against the other franchises.

Could not find playoff wins since 2000 but what I did find is playoff wins ALL TIME.

TB, Texans, and Cincy have had as many playoff wins ALL TIME as Elway has as GM. Arizona Jax and Det have one more playoff win ALL TIME than Elway as GM.

It sucks to lose specially when we have felt as fans :lombardi:

There are a lot of teams that would trade our last ten years with their last ten years.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Believe it or not in 2020....it is actually going to be harder than a lot of posters think to get a top 5 pick. Shoot it may be tougher than some think to get a top 10 pick.

There are some bad teams that may start winning (Philly and Min) but there are other teams that I do not see much to save them from a double digit loss season
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Great! This be mike when Spurs sucked when David Rob went down and netted Duncan in the draft.

One more top 10 type of draft should do wonders for this roster...

Stay healthy and have compensated offseason and get a top 5 pick... wow... we be on the right path.

Comment

We play the jets that should be at least 1 win they are playing worst then us by most stats
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Go Jets

10 char
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              We play the jets that should be at least 1 win they are playing worst then us by most stats
              I'm honestly not sure that this team has it in them to beat the Jets and that makes me sad.

Comment

We've lost to teams that are a combined 8-1. The Titans were in the AFC Championship game last year. The Steelers and Buccaneers have Hall of Fame QBs. We are young and a have a number of starters injured. Let's see how we do all year before we judge this team as the worst in the NFL. To say we're the worst team in the league because we've lost to 3 very good teams is ridiculous.
                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                  We've lost to teams that are a combined 8-1. The Titans were in the AFC Championship game last year. The Steelers and Buccaneers have Hall of Fame QBs. We are young and a have a number of starters injured. Let's see how we do all year before we judge this team as the worst in the NFL. To say we're the worst team in the league because we've lost to 3 very good teams is ridiculous.
                  Denver is actually 3rd worst in the league behind the Jets and Giants. The main concern is that this team is reverting back to the days of VJ. When one thing goes wrong, the team is not able to recover. They have this "here we go again" approach to adversity which was a trademark of the VJ era. For example, when TB blocked the punt and subsequently scored a TD, even though it was very early in the game, this team lost hope. They absolutely did not compete for the rest of the game. If this happens against the Jets, the season is most certainly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
                    with all the injuries to the team not much exceptional talent on the field. I mean not taking anything away from guys that play for an NFL team of course, but we have no big name talent playing.

It very likely at this rate will be an 0-16 season. That would be absolute rock freaking bottom and I never thought I would see this franchise reach to those depths. I mean 4-12 was abysmal to watch, but this is a brand of ball far worse than what I even saw that year.

What is evening more disheartening is that it's clear nobody has an idea on how to correct this at all.

As a lifelong fan of this team for 42 years I am just at a wits end after these past 5 years.
                    I was about to post something along these lines. I've been a fan for over 30 years, and this is pretty gut wrenching to watch. We need to get an actual owner, and we need to gut out that whole front office. We need to get the good ol boys out of the club and make way for something fresh and new.

Comment

I hate losing, I hate losing even more than I wanna win...

But they are my Broncos, good times will return someday.
                      [sigpic

Comment

Already thinking about the NFL 2021 draft, sad!

Do we draft draft more offensive weapons or support positions? QB or DE or OT or DT?

Unfortunately there is some QBs that are highly rated, so is Drew trade bait?

I am not confident in Von or Chubb for next year. Chubb is not a presence that we were expecting and I'd rather not pay him like he is a presence unless he really changes the rest of this season, and I am not talking about sacks that he had a clear path, I want to see him win the battles at the point of attack.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

It's still possible to have a winning season. Obviously with Rypien starting and just about all our key positions undermanned through injuries, it's a hell of a task. But out of adversity can character and team cohesion build. Who knows, playing Muti and Agim out of necessity rather than coaches choice may spark something in the trenches.

Lock and Lyndsey will be back before season's end and we can win games.

I doubt we will be picking top 5 so in the 6-12 pick range we can comfortably find decent linemen without worrying about TL or other such temptations.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHigh Salute View Post

I'm with you MHS, 44 years for me. With all do respect, 0-16 will not happen. I strongly feel we will be 1-3 after Thursday nights game. I don't really know what, how or when improvement will happen with the Broncos going forward through the season but I am confident we will get a few wins, maybe even a "surprising" win or two. Definite maybe.
                            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

All of the subjective power rankings have the team ranked at #25 - #30, and the Jets at #32.

Football Outsiders has the Jets' DVOA at #31 and Broncos' DVOA at #32 with the 30th offense, 22nd defense, 32nd ranked special teams.
                              And FO calculates that the Broncos currently have the best chance of getting the top draft pick.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X