Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good god, we just might be the worst team in the NFL this year (SMH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    We also need to keep in mind we just played 3 teams who are a combined 8-1 and lead their divisions.

Dunno about anyone else but I did not come into 2020 thinking we would actually be leading the division. Was hoping we could compete against the good teams and compete for a playoff spot.

I get people having issues with our start but we also need to be real about where we were coming into the season.
    Minus the injuries I admit, I saw us as a playoff team. But no, never the division leader.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Not the worst team.....but not good to be among them. I can see a bit of a lift when Lock returns, and hopefully others are back, or at least the fact that replacements will improve. Sometimes the thing you don't want, from a draft perspective only, is to win some late games and lose the chance at some exceptional talent. Many teams (in all of sports) that went on to being champs started with a few very high picks in a row. There's the in between area, around 500, where you play hard year after year, but never reap the big time prospects.

But yeah....talking draft this early is a bit prelim.
    We also need to keep in mind we just played 3 teams who are a combined 8-1 and lead their divisions.

Dunno about anyone else but I did not come into 2020 thinking we would actually be leading the division. Was hoping we could compete against the good teams and compete for a playoff spot.

I get people having issues with our start but we also need to be real about where we were coming into the season.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Not the worst team.....but not good to be among them. I can see a bit of a lift when Lock returns, and hopefully others are back, or at least the fact that replacements will improve. Sometimes the thing you don't want, from a draft perspective only, is to win some late games and lose the chance at some exceptional talent. Many teams (in all of sports) that went on to being champs started with a few very high picks in a row. There's the in between area, around 500, where you play hard year after year, but never reap the big time prospects.

But yeah....talking draft this early is a bit prelim.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
    with all the injuries to the team not much exceptional talent on the field. I mean not taking anything away from guys that play for an NFL team of course, but we have no big name talent playing.

It very likely at this rate will be an 0-16 season. That would be absolute rock freaking bottom and I never thought I would see this franchise reach to those depths. I mean 4-12 was abysmal to watch, but this is a brand of ball far worse than what I even saw that year.

What is evening more disheartening is that it's clear nobody has an idea on how to correct this at all.

As a lifelong fan of this team for 42 years I am just at a wits end after these past 5 years.
    Imagine being the team that just gave up 100 rushing yards to a team that could not run the ball, just allowed an offense to score 38 points with the 3rd string career practice squad QB who threw 3 ints including a pick 6. The team that just committed 6 personal fouls.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
    Denver is actually 3rd worst in the league behind the Jets and Giants. The main concern is that this team is reverting back to the days of VJ. When one thing goes wrong, the team is not able to recover. They have this "here we go again" approach to adversity which was a trademark of the VJ era. For example, when TB blocked the punt and subsequently scored a TD, even though it was very early in the game, this team lost hope. They absolutely did not compete for the rest of the game. If this happens against the Jets, the season is most certainly lost.
    This did happen a bit in the Bucs game but in both the Titans and Steelers games we fought to the end. Even if we do look at the Bucs game, while our O appeared to give up as you say, our D only gave up 5 points in the entire second half. In fact, 3 points; the other 2 coming from a safety.

Also, I think that @Megalodon30's point is a good one. We have played 3 of the best teams in the league in thr first three games. They have really exposed our weakness, but we won't play teams of that calibre on a regular basis. Indeed, this evening we play the worst team in the league.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    its easy to be down, and i think its a sucky fan that wishes to tank

we have played three of the best defenses in the league...we didnt luck out and draw the worst team in the league last year first game, and a weak team in week three like the chargers...we had three games against three solid teams

and then when you factor in, 2.5 games without our starting QB in a extremely young offense in its first year under a new OC
    two of the games without the probowl WR sutton, 2.5 games without probowl RB philip lindsey, starting a rookie center, with two rookies playing WR

on defense we were suppose to feature a two headed pass rush attack with von and chubb, and casey crushing the pocket for them with bouye and callahan playing CB, instead we got no von, chubb clearly not 100%, lost casey, lost bouye, lost dremont jones, demarcus walker

having a QB that can escape the pass rush like lock is greatly missed, look at the sack totals pre lock in 2019, and after he took over
    now look at the sack numbers in the game lock played and the other two...see anything of interest correlating to what happened in 2019?

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Exact same thing happened last year. There were people talking about having the #1 pick after our 0-3 start. I didn't buy it last year, I'm not buying it this year either.
    I think that should be the real worst fear right now. Lock comes back and wins just enough games to put us just out of position to draft a top OT and we end up falling in love with one of the top CBs. We need help there too and I wouldn’t complain, but man these boards will have the pitchforks blazing

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    When lock comes back this thread and all the Debby downers are not going to age very well.
    Exact same thing happened last year. There were people talking about having the #1 pick after our 0-3 start. I didn't buy it last year, I'm not buying it this year either.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    When lock comes back this thread and all the Debby downers are not going to age very well.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    This thread makes it feel like the OP is surprised we’re terrible. We’ve been one of the worst teams in the league the last few years, this isn’t anything new, just continuing the suck.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    All of the subjective power rankings have the team ranked at #25 - #30, and the Jets at #32.

Football Outsiders has the Jets' DVOA at #31 and Broncos' DVOA at #32 with the 30th offense, 22nd defense, 32nd ranked special teams.
    And FO calculates that the Broncos currently have the best chance of getting the top draft pick.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
    with all the injuries to the team not much exceptional talent on the field. I mean not taking anything away from guys that play for an NFL team of course, but we have no big name talent playing.

It very likely at this rate will be an 0-16 season. That would be absolute rock freaking bottom and I never thought I would see this franchise reach to those depths. I mean 4-12 was abysmal to watch, but this is a brand of ball far worse than what I even saw that year.

What is evening more disheartening is that it's clear nobody has an idea on how to correct this at all.

As a lifelong fan of this team for 42 years I am just at a wits end after these past 5 years.
    I'm with you MHS, 44 years for me. With all do respect, 0-16 will not happen. I strongly feel we will be 1-3 after Thursday nights game. I don't really know what, how or when improvement will happen with the Broncos going forward through the season but I am confident we will get a few wins, maybe even a "surprising" win or two. Definite maybe.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied
    It's still possible to have a winning season. Obviously with Rypien starting and just about all our key positions undermanned through injuries, it's a hell of a task. But out of adversity can character and team cohesion build. Who knows, playing Muti and Agim out of necessity rather than coaches choice may spark something in the trenches.

Lock and Lyndsey will be back before season's end and we can win games.

I doubt we will be picking top 5 so in the 6-12 pick range we can comfortably find decent linemen without worrying about TL or other such temptations.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    Already thinking about the NFL 2021 draft, sad!

Do we draft draft more offensive weapons or support positions? QB or DE or OT or DT?

Unfortunately there is some QBs that are highly rated, so is Drew trade bait?

I am not confident in Von or Chubb for next year. Chubb is not a presence that we were expecting and I'd rather not pay him like he is a presence unless he really changes the rest of this season, and I am not talking about sacks that he had a clear path, I want to see him win the battles at the point of attack.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    I hate losing, I hate losing even more than I wanna win...

But they are my Broncos, good times will return someday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X