No announcement yet.

If I were the Broncos and start 0-4...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were the Broncos and start 0-4...

...I would seriously look into trading the farm (including Drew Lock) to the Cowboys for Dak Prescott. Or similarly (albeit not the farm...maybe a condo?) with Matthew Stafford and Detroit.

I know this a pipe dream but in all honesty as much as I like Drew and believe he might become a good quarterback, we're just so far behind the 8-ball with competing against Kansas City that we need something to spark life into this team as well as get some semblance of respectable play from the offense. The only way to do that is to bring in an established quarterback who can be an immediate leader and has proven to be productive (i.e. Jake Plummer, Peyton Manning).
    sigpic

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    ...I would seriously look into trading the farm (including Drew Lock) to the Cowboys for Dak Prescott. Or similarly (albeit not the farm...maybe a condo?) with Matthew Stafford and Detroit.

I know this a pipe dream but in all honesty as much as I like Drew and believe he might become a good quarterback, we're just so far behind the 8-ball with competing against Kansas City that we need something to spark life into this team as well as get some semblance of respectable play from the offense. The only way to do that is to bring in an established quarterback who can be an immediate leader and has proven to be productive (i.e. Jake Plummer, Peyton Manning).

Why would we do that, if we start 0-4 it becomes tank for Trevor we aren't selling the farm for another mediocre QB.

Comment

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
      Why would we do that, if we start 0-4 it becomes tank for Trevor we aren't selling the farm for another mediocre QB.
      If you've seen Dak play he's not mediocre. And if you believe his play to be mediocre, then I'll take that mediocrity all day long versus what we've been throwing out there for the better part of 5 years.

And the Broncos aren't tanking for a draft pick. Even if they lose on Thursday I still don't think they wind up with the #1 pick, and they won't purposely lose football games.
      sigpic

Comment

Stafford would be no better than Flacco was and we started 0-4 with Flacco. What good would blowing up the whole team for 1 player do? And there's nothing we could offer Dallas that would make them give up Prescott, nor would he help this team. The goal right now should be developing Lock. Nothing more, nothing less.

Gotta start by keeping him healthy and upright. Then need to give him continuity from one offseason to the next. Only way we should be giving up on Lock before next year is if we can get Lawrence, but I don't believe that's happening. Stafford is old and the Cowboys aren't giving up Prescott. Let's build our own QB rather than try to take the leftovers of someone else.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Prescott and Stafford are good QBs but not worth mortgaging any potential future for. They both can put up great numbers, but they don't often translate to wins for Dallas or Detroit. Dallas would be winless like us if it weren't for gross incompetence on the part of Atlanta's coaching staff. I'd rather see Dak's $40 Million invested into seriously upgrading the turnstile of an O-line and the remaining salary cap we have for next year invested into an actual coverage LB.

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
            Stafford would be no better than Flacco was and we started 0-4 with Flacco. What good would blowing up the whole team for 1 player do? And there's nothing we could offer Dallas that would make them give up Prescott, nor would he help this team. The goal right now should be developing Lock. Nothing more, nothing less.

Gotta start by keeping him healthy and upright. Then need to give him continuity from one offseason to the next. Only way we should be giving up on Lock before next year is if we can get Lawrence, but I don't believe that's happening. Stafford is old and the Cowboys aren't giving up Prescott. Let's build our own QB rather than try to take the leftovers of someone else.
            You're not developing Lock behind this offensive line. Even when he comes back, his shoulder will be an issue all season long and I would surmise that he'll wind up on IR at some point sooner or later. They're not doing anything to protect the quarterback and the injuries are mounting.

And the Cowboys will most definitely give up Prescott for the right price. If they 100% believed in him they would have signed him to a long-term extension by now.
            sigpic

Comment

Dak benefitted from a solid o-ine. No one is going to fare well here behind ours, until its fixed, until it's good! That's what we need to work on more than anything else.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
                Prescott and Stafford are good QBs but not worth mortgaging any potential future for. They both can put up great numbers, but they don't often translate to wins for Dallas or Detroit. Dallas would be winless like us if it weren't for gross incompetence on the part of Atlanta's coaching staff. I'd rather see Dak's $40 Million invested into seriously upgrading the turnstile of an O-line and the remaining salary cap we have for next year invested into an actual coverage LB.
                Stafford I agree we wouldn't "mortgage the future". That's why I said you trade a condo and not the farm.

I absolutely believe in Dak Prescott, however. That guy can play. And he's 40-24 as a starter so I'm not understanding how he's not a winner.
                sigpic

Comment

You're not developing Lock behind this offensive line. Even when he comes back, his shoulder will be an issue all season long and I would surmise that he'll wind up on IR at some point sooner or later. They're not doing anything to protect the quarterback and the injuries are mounting.

And the Cowboys will most definitely give up Prescott for the right price. If they 100% believed in him they would have signed him to a long-term extension by now.
                  Wilkinson is out so that's a huge plus for our pass protection already. I'll see how they do with a different RT before I make any serious judgements about how good bad our o-line really is. If the whole line really is bad, than it will be a lot harder to develop Lock, but then why would we want Stafford? He's been hurt a lot and there's no reason he wouldn't get hurt here.

And as far as Prescott, I wouldn't want him. I want nothing to do with a QB that wants a giant $40 million contract that has yet to prove anything in the playoffs. The potential of Lock >>> Anything Prescott offers.
                  Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Wilkinson is out so that's a huge plus for our pass protection already. I'll see how they do with a different RT before I make any serious judgements about how good bad our o-line really is. If the whole line really is bad, than it will be a lot harder to develop Lock, but then why would we want Stafford? He's been hurt a lot and there's no reason he wouldn't get hurt here.

And as far as Prescott, I wouldn't want him. I want nothing to do with a .500 QB that wants a giant $40 million contract. The potential of Lock >>> Anything Prescott offers.
                    Prescott = 40-24, which is a .625 quarterback. I don't know about you but I'd take that over what we've been doing for 5 years now.
                    sigpic

Comment

If you've seen Dak play he's not mediocre. And if you believe his play to be mediocre, then I'll take that mediocrity all day long versus what we've been throwing out there for the better part of 5 years.

And the Broncos aren't tanking for a draft pick. Even if they lose on Thursday I still don't think they wind up with the #1 pick, and they won't purposely lose football games.
                      Denver certainly won't tank for a draft pick, but out of curiosity who do you have them beating? I'm pretty optimistic about Broncos football and I can't see beyond 2 wins.

Comment

No to Prescott and Stafford. Neither one makes this team a contender, especially if you trade away major assets.
                        Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
                        No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
                        Still Not Backing Down!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk184 View Post
                          Denver certainly won't tank for a draft pick, but out of curiosity who do you have them beating? I'm pretty optimistic about Broncos football and I can't see beyond 2 wins.
                          We went down this path when we started 0-4 last year and we found a way to win 7 games. I don't know if THAT will happen again but I suspect we'll still find a way to eek out 5-7 wins. Even 4 wins probably won't get you the #1 pick IMO.
                          sigpic

Comment

Prescott = 40-24, which is a .625 quarterback. I don't know about you but I'd take that over what we've been doing for 5 years now.
                            Okay. What's his playoff record? Like I said, I don't want a QB that thinks he's worth $40 million when he clearly isn't.
                            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Okay. What's his playoff record? Like I said, I don't want a QB that thinks he's worth $40 million when he clearly isn't.
                              I've seen Dak play and he's a top-10 quarterback for sure which to me is worth mortgaging the future. He's not Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes but he's definitely a quality quarterback. And you can't even talk about playoff records for the Broncos for the past 5 seasons, so I would take a quarterback who would at least put us in the conversation.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X