No announcement yet.

Didn't see this posted yet but...Brett Rypien expected to Start Week 4 vs. Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I hate to use must win this early, buuuuuut... We really need to win. I liked Rypien out of College, hope the fact that he spent time on the PS last year will help him out. It's clear we need to rely on the whole team to pull out a win but we've been decimated by injury. Hope some guys we aren't expecting will step up big.
    A book I wrote

Comment

Amazing.....we are favored with going on the road to the East Coast with our 3rd string QB.......Man that Jets team is gonna be fired up......you would think.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Hope it isn't too windy in the Meadowlands Thursday night.

I think it supposed to be decent weather Thursday night in N.J.

Comment

7-9 MPH predicted atm

There is actually something I fear more but not going to even say it out loud to myself until Friday. About 99.99% certain NE will exploit it if the Jets do not.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

GO Ryp and Broncos!

Comment

LOL at Shurmur

TIP for Jets: When Rypien is in.....Short passes and run plays..... When Driskel is playing, going to throw long.

Comment

I would love it if Rypien comes in and just shreds the Jets, but I think he's Kellen Moore 2.0. Could just be the Boise St. connection but both came into the league undrafted, undersized, and with very questionable arm strength.

There's no doubting their football IQ, but there are NFL throws that require a strong arm, and if you don't have it, you just can't succeed. But if we're lucky, maybe we can turn Rypien into a dynamite OC like Dallas did with Moore.
                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
                  When Driskel is playing, going to throw long.
                  You assume far too much success for what Driskel can accomplish. Assuming he will throw long is assuming someone can make protection calls...have not see anyone do it while he plays QB....it also assumes as a team we can handle pass protection....also have not see that. Do not even have to worry about deep passes if the offense can not handle those two things.

TIP for NFL....Pressure Driskel and you beat the Broncos. Do not even have to touch him...just pressure him. Maybe worst QB I have seen in history of the NFL at dealing with pressure.

Now that I know that about him he may be the worst signing Elway has made...right up there with James
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Should the Jets feel disrespected?

Should they be looking at this and asking: why aren’t you starting Bortles?

Starting Rypien almost seems like the Broncos think it would be unfair to start someone else against the Jets because the Jets wouldn’t stand a chance.
                    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
                    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
                    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Comment

At this point, if Rypien just dink and dunks for chunk plays that would be a better offensive showing than we’ve had the last couple of games. Quick reads, short passes. We have the weapons that can get open off the line. We can definitely win this game.
                      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                        Should the Jets feel disrespected?

Should they be looking at this and asking: why aren’t you starting Bortles?

Starting Rypien almost seems like the Broncos think it would be unfair to start someone else against the Jets because the Jets wouldn’t stand a chance.
                        I’m sure they might but I doubt Bortles knows enough of the playbook to play a full game. If he started they’d likely load up the box because it’d be a run heavy gameplan to counteract that.

Unfortunately Rypien will likely see the same and since he doesn’t have the arm strength to do much down the field or outside the numbers it’ll probably be the best run defense the Jets play all season.

Comment

I told anyone and everyone who would listen that Driskel was no good. As a Gator fan, I saw it every Saturday, to the point that I cringed when I heard his name
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            I told anyone and everyone who would listen that Driskel was no good. As a Gator fan, I saw it every Saturday, to the point that I cringed when I heard his name
                            It's too bad we don't still have that other Florida QB from a while back. Think his name was Tom Te-something. Whatever his name was, he was way better than Driskel.
                            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                              It's too bad we don't still have that other Florida QB from a while back. Think his name was Tom Te-something. Whatever his name was, he was way better than Driskel.
                              You may be kidding but I will take a guy who struggles to pass but can handle the pass rush over a guy that has a great arm and freezes when he see the pass rush. This is double true for our team with its pass protection issues.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                                I’m sure they might but I doubt Bortles knows enough of the playbook to play a full game.
                                Vic said this in a presser. According to him it has been between Driskel and Rypien....Bortles is not even an option this week,

Comment

Working...
                                X