X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncolee
    replied
    Should the Jets feel disrespected?

Should they be looking at this and asking: why aren’t you starting Bortles?

Starting Rypien almost seems like the Broncos think it would be unfair to start someone else against the Jets because the Jets wouldn’t stand a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
    When Driskel is playing, going to throw long.
    You assume far too much success for what Driskel can accomplish. Assuming he will throw long is assuming someone can make protection calls...have not see anyone do it while he plays QB....it also assumes as a team we can handle pass protection....also have not see that. Do not even have to worry about deep passes if the offense can not handle those two things.

TIP for NFL....Pressure Driskel and you beat the Broncos. Do not even have to touch him...just pressure him. Maybe worst QB I have seen in history of the NFL at dealing with pressure.

Now that I know that about him he may be the worst signing Elway has made...right up there with James

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    I would love it if Rypien comes in and just shreds the Jets, but I think he's Kellen Moore 2.0. Could just be the Boise St. connection but both came into the league undrafted, undersized, and with very questionable arm strength.

There's no doubting their football IQ, but there are NFL throws that require a strong arm, and if you don't have it, you just can't succeed. But if we're lucky, maybe we can turn Rypien into a dynamite OC like Dallas did with Moore.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBreeder
    replied
    LOL at Shurmur

TIP for Jets: When Rypien is in.....Short passes and run plays..... When Driskel is playing, going to throw long.

Leave a comment:

• Cnon
    replied
    GO Ryp and Broncos!

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    7-9 MPH predicted atm

There is actually something I fear more but not going to even say it out loud to myself until Friday. About 99.99% certain NE will exploit it if the Jets do not.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Hope it isn't too windy in the Meadowlands Thursday night.

I think it supposed to be decent weather Thursday night in N.J.

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied
    Amazing.....we are favored with going on the road to the East Coast with our 3rd string QB.......Man that Jets team is gonna be fired up......you would think.

Leave a comment:

• CTM
    replied
    Man I hate to use must win this early, buuuuuut... We really need to win. I liked Rypien out of College, hope the fact that he spent time on the PS last year will help him out. It's clear we need to rely on the whole team to pull out a win but we've been decimated by injury. Hope some guys we aren't expecting will step up big.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    That’s why Fangio eluded to using two QB’s. One is for if they have to throw deeper than 15 yards outside the numbers.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I think it's good to have a vet like Bortles to back up Lock, and actually come in and hold down the fort if needed.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    I don't know how the coaching staff can assess Rypien on plays in garbage time down three scores with just a few minutes remaining.

If they really thought he was any good at this level, they would not have acquired Bortles (who now appears to be the real No.2 without having faced a snap).
    He was under pressure and took some hits and made plays. His forced throw that resulted in an interception, had it turned out differently and we score on that drive, the team is back within one score at that point (if I remember correctly). Either way, aside from his weak arm and small stature, he showed some acuity running the offense against a tough defense.

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I think Rypien starting is more of an indictment of Drisekl than a feeling of confidence with Rypien.
    Absolutely, that is an indictment against Driskel.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    I don't know how the coaching staff can assess Rypien on plays in garbage time down three scores with just a few minutes remaining.

If they really thought he was any good at this level, they would not have acquired Bortles (who now appears to be the real No.2 without having faced a snap).
    I think Rypien starting is more of an indictment of Drisekl than a feeling of confidence with Rypien.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Rypien will start but expect to see Driskell get some packages too. Hell if Bortles is active we might see a 3 man rotation at QB.

I know there’s a saying about having 2 QBs means you have none, but what about 3? 3 QBs attempting passes in 1 game, Drew Lock wears 3, we’re gonna win this on the power of 3

Leave a comment:

Working...
X