Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fraguela09
    replied
    Going from DL to JD, we clearly saw how the OL struggled... that’s bc JD can’t read a defense, know a hit read, or act quickly in real-time under duress.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Heh, I wonder why they wanted to give Rypien a shot...

"He played pretty good in there,'' Fangio said. ".... We want to see if that can continue.''

Added offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur: "He executes well, he's quick-minded, he gets the ball out quickly."

When asked what attributes he has that have helped him the most in his time with the team, Rypien said, "I think fast and get the ball out.''

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-new-york-jets
    I don't know how the coaching staff can assess Rypien on plays in garbage time down three scores with just a few minutes remaining.

If they really thought he was any good at this level, they would not have acquired Bortles (who now appears to be the real No.2 without having faced a snap).

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Heh, I wonder why they wanted to give Rypien a shot...

"He played pretty good in there,'' Fangio said. ".... We want to see if that can continue.''

Added offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur: "He executes well, he's quick-minded, he gets the ball out quickly."

When asked what attributes he has that have helped him the most in his time with the team, Rypien said, "I think fast and get the ball out.''

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-new-york-jets

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Rypien did some good stuff when he came in. He was finding open guys, even doing it with anticipation. His pros/cons are all related to his arm strength. Because he has the stereotypical weak arm he has to play in a more cerebral way, but because he has the stereotypical weak arm he isn't going to make certain plays. Maybe he'll find that seven yard pass on third and six though.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    I'd like to see Shurmur lean on the run more, especially if Lindsay returns and is healthy. Give Rypien all the help he can get. Hopefully Dotson at RT helps things out, too.
    We just played two of the best run defenses....we about to play some of the worst.

If we do not run the ball more than Elway should call Shurmur into his office and ask for some of his game check money back

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    He will do well against the Jets

Well...not like Wilson or Mahomes well...but like well compared to what we usually see.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    I'd like to see Shurmur lean on the run more, especially if Lindsay returns and is healthy. Give Rypien all the help he can get. Hopefully Dotson at RT helps things out, too.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Whoopee!
    Can't Wait
    (I hope he does well)

Leave a comment:

• Didn't see this posted yet but...Brett Rypien expected to Start Week 4 vs. Jets

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-brett-rypien/
Working...
X