No announcement yet.

Didn't see this posted yet but...Brett Rypien expected to Start Week 4 vs. Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't see this posted yet but...Brett Rypien expected to Start Week 4 vs. Jets

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-brett-rypien/
    sigpic

Whoopee!
    Can't Wait
    (I hope he does well)

Comment

I'd like to see Shurmur lean on the run more, especially if Lindsay returns and is healthy. Give Rypien all the help he can get. Hopefully Dotson at RT helps things out, too.

Comment

He will do well against the Jets

Well...not like Wilson or Mahomes well...but like well compared to what we usually see.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
          I'd like to see Shurmur lean on the run more, especially if Lindsay returns and is healthy. Give Rypien all the help he can get. Hopefully Dotson at RT helps things out, too.
          We just played two of the best run defenses....we about to play some of the worst.

If we do not run the ball more than Elway should call Shurmur into his office and ask for some of his game check money back
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Rypien did some good stuff when he came in. He was finding open guys, even doing it with anticipation. His pros/cons are all related to his arm strength. Because he has the stereotypical weak arm he has to play in a more cerebral way, but because he has the stereotypical weak arm he isn't going to make certain plays. Maybe he'll find that seven yard pass on third and six though.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Heh, I wonder why they wanted to give Rypien a shot...

"He played pretty good in there,'' Fangio said. ".... We want to see if that can continue.''

Added offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur: "He executes well, he's quick-minded, he gets the ball out quickly."

When asked what attributes he has that have helped him the most in his time with the team, Rypien said, "I think fast and get the ball out.''

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-new-york-jets
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                Heh, I wonder why they wanted to give Rypien a shot...

"He played pretty good in there,'' Fangio said. ".... We want to see if that can continue.''

Added offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur: "He executes well, he's quick-minded, he gets the ball out quickly."

When asked what attributes he has that have helped him the most in his time with the team, Rypien said, "I think fast and get the ball out.''

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-new-york-jets
                I don't know how the coaching staff can assess Rypien on plays in garbage time down three scores with just a few minutes remaining.

If they really thought he was any good at this level, they would not have acquired Bortles (who now appears to be the real No.2 without having faced a snap).

Comment

Going from DL to JD, we clearly saw how the OL struggled... that’s bc JD can’t read a defense, know a hit read, or act quickly in real-time under duress.

Comment

Rypien will start but expect to see Driskell get some packages too. Hell if Bortles is active we might see a 3 man rotation at QB.

I know there’s a saying about having 2 QBs means you have none, but what about 3? 3 QBs attempting passes in 1 game, Drew Lock wears 3, we’re gonna win this on the power of 3

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                      I don't know how the coaching staff can assess Rypien on plays in garbage time down three scores with just a few minutes remaining.

If they really thought he was any good at this level, they would not have acquired Bortles (who now appears to be the real No.2 without having faced a snap).
                      I think Rypien starting is more of an indictment of Drisekl than a feeling of confidence with Rypien.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

He was under pressure and took some hits and made plays. His forced throw that resulted in an interception, had it turned out differently and we score on that drive, the team is back within one score at that point (if I remember correctly). Either way, aside from his weak arm and small stature, he showed some acuity running the offense against a tough defense.

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        I think Rypien starting is more of an indictment of Drisekl than a feeling of confidence with Rypien.
                        Absolutely, that is an indictment against Driskel.

Comment

I think it's good to have a vet like Bortles to back up Lock, and actually come in and hold down the fort if needed.

Comment

Hope it isn't too windy in the Meadowlands Thursday night.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Hope it isn't too windy in the Meadowlands Thursday night.
                              That’s why Fangio eluded to using two QB’s. One is for if they have to throw deeper than 15 yards outside the numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X