Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vic is the only coach in broncos HISTORY to not win a game in September.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Vic is a fine coach, all the shade he is getting is ridiculous.
    I agree I think Vic is A Great HC and I hope that he gets to coach in Denver for as long as he wants the Job.

Leave a comment:

• nickmeyer
    replied
    Vic is a fine coach, all the shade he is getting is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• WYBRONCO
    replied
    Well, it sure is nice to have things to read again. We did start the year off against 3 playoff potential teams. As long as we get better from now on I will give him one more pass on the month of September. We could still improve and lose to NE but this is certainly an opportunity to play with our hair on fire and see if we can force some turnovers and keep us in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Yay!!! Broncos message board is back!!!!

Thanks
    Capt. Jack Yes!!

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Yay!!! Broncos message board is back!!!!

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    We have to keep this coaching staff together for four or five years for continuity.
    Unless we start getting totally blown out every game.

(JMO)

Leave a comment:

• DavisMVP
    replied
    We could say that about a lot of NFL defensive coaches over the years, you get paid to win.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    With Bears (2015-2018)
    September 4-14
    Other months 22-29

With SF (2011-2014).
    September: 8-6
    Other months: 41-16.
    I don't think you can accurately gain anything by looking at years where he was a DC and not the HC. In Denver he's in control of everything, and fully has to own the 0-7 in September. But can he be blamed for losses where the offense fails to score when he has no control over that aspect of the game? 2016 for instance, the Bears played 3 September games and scored 14,14 and 17 points. Take the first game of 2016 as an example, the Bears had the ball 12 times, on 8 of those 12 drives they had the ball for 4 or fewer offensive plays (note one of those was a 2 play TD drive). So was that his fault?

I only checked the one game and the one season, but to me it's impossible to lay the record of a team at the feet of a DC, unless they're getting absolutely gashed every single game.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    But on the flip side, he's now 8-5 outside of September. Hopefully that trend continues.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    MCD started 3-0 in Sept and Oct....imo he is one of ... if not THE worst things to happen to this franchise.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Give me a second...
    With Bears (2015-2018)
    September 4-14
    Other months 22-29

With SF (2011-2014).
    September: 8-6
    Other months: 41-16.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    What about the remaining months?
    Give me a second...

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSynapses
    replied
    Looking up some September stats on VF.

At Chicago he was 4-14 in September. From 2015 thru 2017 he was 1-9. Only in 2018 did he improve to 3-1. For some reason (at least in recent history) he's never been good in September.
    What about the remaining months?

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Looking up some September stats on VF.

At Chicago he was 4-14 in September. From 2015 thru 2017 he was 1-9. Only in 2018 did he improve to 3-1. For some reason (at least in recent history) he's never been good in September.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSynapses
    replied
    Adam Schefter competed today on the Fan that Bowlen would have hired Kyle Shanahan. Man, would the broncos look different if that came to pass. Lol

Oh well, on to Trevor Lawrence!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X