Changes I’d like to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I'm soooo glad for this post. I get so tired of people saying oline this and oline that. Excuses people makeup about how bad the line is. People we will NEVER have 5 1st rd picks on the oline.
    Watched the game again. Demar Dotson calmed things down on the right as Bolles has done on the left. Cushenberry improves with each game. Risner and Glasgow need to step up and play better which is entirely likely. Better O-Line chemistry/unit cohesion is a real possibility.

Brett needs to take care of Mr. Ball. Other than that, he is doing a good job. Depth is being tapped at the skill positions due to injuries which is true on the other side of the ball as well. Defense must create viable pass rush. That requires blitzing which in turn requires Secondary to adjust.

It's interesting.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Watched the game again. Demar Dotson calmed things down on the right as Bolles has done on the left. Cushenberry improves with each game. Risner and Glasgow need to step up and play better which is entirely likely. Better O-Line chemistry/unit cohesion is a real possibility.

Brett needs to take care of Mr. Ball. Other than that, he is doing a good job. Depth is being tapped at the skill positions due to injuries which is true on the other side of the ball as well. Defense must create viable pass rush. That requires blitzing which in turn requires Secondary to adjust.

It's interesting.
      I still haven't been able to watch anything but highlights of that game. Was Dotson promising? The plays I've seen he looked all right.
      Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
        I still haven't been able to watch anything but highlights of that game. Was Dotson promising? The plays I've seen he looked all right.
        Demar's pass blocking was good. He has a lot of length and knows how to use it. Bruce Arians had made some uncomplimentary statements about his run blocking, so I was looking at that. His base away and scoop blocks prevented back side pursuit from the guy he was blocking. When he was play side, his run blocking was OK. His reach blocks seemed adequate and he uses his size to screen defenders away from the ball carrier. I'd like to see him called on to make a down block on a 3 tech. He's tall, so taking a lead step from a 3-point might be a bit of a challenge. Overall this may result in an upgrade at RT.

Jake Rodgers was active at NYJ. Before Eli Wilkinson went to IR, Dotson was on the depth chart at RT and Calvin Anderson was on it at LT. I think Rodgers has been repped at RT. He can be activated once more before going through waivers. They may prepare Anderson to be a Swing Tackle on game day. Even then, I think teams are required to have eight O-Linemen active. There are two other Tackles on the PS.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Demar's pass blocking was good. He has a lot of length and knows how to use it. Bruce Arians had made some uncomplimentary statements about his run blocking, so I was looking at that. His base away and scoop blocks prevented back side pursuit from the guy he was blocking. When he was play side, his run blocking was OK. His reach blocks seemed adequate and he uses his size to screen defenders away from the ball carrier. I'd like to see him called on to make a down block on a 3 tech. He's tall, so taking a lead step from a 3-point might be a bit of a challenge. Overall this may result in an upgrade at RT.

Jake Rodgers was active at NYJ. Before Eli Wilkinson went to IR, Dotson was on the depth chart at RT and Calvin Anderson was on it at LT. I think Rodgers has been repped at RT. He can be activated once more before going through waivers. They may prepare Anderson to be a Swing Tackle on game day. Even then, I think teams are required to have eight O-Linemen active. There are two other Tackles on the PS.
          I would certainly settle for good pass pro and ok run blocking. That is an upgrade. If we could just have the line settled out for the year (as you mentioned) then the team can make some progress on Offense even with all of our missing pieces. I'd say keep Dotson as a rental at RT this year and draft a guy next year that can start at RT as a rookie but could compete for the LT spot. If Bolles looks competent for the entire year, maybe franchise him next year and see what happens.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

If we move on from Vic I really hope we get Eric Bieniemy to be the hc. I feel the man is going to be a really good head coach in this league. He has experience with great offenses and he went to school at cu so he knows the area well.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              If we move on from Vic I really hope we get Eric Bieniemy to be the hc. I feel the man is going to be a really good head coach in this league. He has experience with great offenses and he went to school at cu so he knows the area well.
              He will need his guy at qb.
              Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

It's interesting.
                I thought things looks better as well. You know more details than I do so it is nice to see you say the things you brought up in posts in this thread.

Hope we continue to grow. The first few games were brutal tests for the OL. More difficult tests than the Jets are coming. IMO we need some better play calling to help these young guys grow.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Eric was playing for the Colorado Buffs when I still rooted for them. Loved watching him play in college...there was a game against Nebraska that he fumbled and then went on to dominate the game after the fumble. It is exactly the kind of mentality I hope to see from anyone after a big mistake is made...learn and grow. I rooted for him in the NFL too. As much as I hate to see the Chiefs do well I guess my rooting for him with the Chargers as a player has help ease me into rooting for him at KC.

Not yet sold on his ability to be a HC. It is a tough gig. IMO if we move on from Vic I think we need experience at the HC position and bright mind at the OC. Eric has no reason to leave KC for that kind of opportunity.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Eric was playing for the Colorado Buffs when I still rooted for them. Loved watching him play in college...there was a game against Nebraska that he fumbled and then went on to dominate the game after the fumble. It is exactly the kind of mentality I hope to see from anyone after a big mistake is made...learn and grow. I rooted for him in the NFL too. As much as I hate to see the Chiefs do well I guess my rooting for him with the Chargers as a player has help ease me into rooting for him at KC.

Not yet sold on his ability to be a HC. It is a tough gig. IMO if we move on from Vic I think we need experience at the HC position and bright mind at the OC. Eric has no reason to leave KC for that kind of opportunity.
                    i don't know. i think most HC are let go for reason. you hardly see a super star Coach let go. i think the last one was Ried. i think it is better to try to find the next stud. like Mcvay, Shanahan, LaFleur look like the next set of HC and they are all first time HCs
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

i don't know. i think most HC are let go for reason. you hardly see a super star Coach let go. i think the last one was Ried. i think it is better to try to find the next stud. like Mcvay, Shanahan, LaFleur look like the next set of HC and they are all first time HCs
                      LaFleur is greatly assisted by Rodgers

For every McVay there are a lot of guys like Vance Joseph and Adam Gase who do not work out.

If we move on from Vic we are a losing team with no consistency as we keep changing coaches and coordinators. IMO we will be one new guy failure away from looking at a decade of losing that Det and Cleveland are still trying to recover from. Some teams took decades to recover from.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

LaFleur is greatly assisted by Rodgers

For every McVay there are a lot of guys like Vance Joseph and Adam Gase who do not work out.

If we move on from Vic we are a losing team with no consistency as we keep changing coaches and coordinators. IMO we will be one new guy failure away from looking at a decade of losing that Det and Cleveland are still trying to recover from. Some teams took decades to recover from.
                        LaFleur will defintelly get his main test once Rodgers leaves but he still looks good. Joseph was a bad hire he had hardly any time as a DC then gets HC. he was to rushed. then again Mcvay had limited experence also. either way i expect Joseph to get a second chance at some point. i still really like Eric.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm

Comment

Working...
                        X