injury threoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injury threoy

i have been thinking for a moment. what do you all think of this? i think that our injuries issues this season may be because we had a system designed to maximize the mini camp training camp and ect. so with the shorter time to prepare we had to alter it and the changes has not been as sucessful holding off injruies. because we are used to having a lot longer to get the players ready. do you all think this is a possibility?
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I think it's a combination of no otas, very little training camp, no preseason and horrible luck
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
      I think it's a combination of no otas, very little training camp, no preseason and horrible luck
      I would second this. Usually guys have a slow buildup to football games. It starts with offseason conditioning, then goes to OTAs, then mini-camp, training camp, playing gradually more in preseason games, and then they're more ready for the season. Sure there are injuries that would occur no matter what, but with a lot of hamstring pulls and other strains, I think it's due to that buildup.

And while no doubt the Broncos have been hit hardest by injuries so far, there are a lot of injuries league wide so far this year. To me that points to the missed buildup being bad for everyone. Hopefully injuries will slow down with players getting more game action under their belts, and getting back into actual regular season mode.

Comment

I'm in total agreement guys . So I 3rd this

Comment

I think the only reoccurring soft tissue injury has been Hamlers hamstring. I'm more of a bad luck theory guy
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I agree that it’s a combination of things. But I would also throw in that the strength and conditioning program has to be looked at.

Even without preseason, otas etc you can still get a good conditioning program to make joints more flexible (sprains), muscles more conditioned (strains, pills and cramps) and such. Maybe they look at it and say “there was nothing more we could do” but I think it has to be in this conversation.

Did we prepare our guys as well as other teams did to go out and play without injury?
            To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

It's a combination of bad luck and lack of pre season physical prep.

All of the 'virtual' training camps and lack of conditioning up to the season due to the restrictions has definitely played a part in the injuries...

Comment

Clearly its a combo. Ever since the CBA has allowed for less contact drills during OTAs injuries have gone up, if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                  I do not have the information to explain what is going on but if it were just these things it would be affecting all teams. We can pick out a handful of teams going through it but probably over half the teams are having minimal/normal injury year.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post
                    I agree that it’s a combination of things. But I would also throw in that the strength and conditioning program has to be looked at.

Even without preseason, otas etc you can still get a good conditioning program to make joints more flexible (sprains), muscles more conditioned (strains, pills and cramps) and such. Maybe they look at it and say “there was nothing more we could do” but I think it has to be in this conversation.

Did we prepare our guys as well as other teams did to go out and play without injury?
                    I would agree if it were just a Denver problem. But there's a massive number of strains, tweaks and pulls around the NFL right now. It's a league conditioning problem, not just a Broncos conditioning problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      I do not have the information to explain what is going on but if it were just these things it would be affecting all teams. We can pick out a handful of teams going through it but probably over half the teams are having minimal/normal injury year.

It is a league wide issue though. Here's a story on the various injuries around the league, there's a lot of them.

https://www.nfl.com/news/thursday-s-...ews-for-week-4

Comment

Remember.

Shanahans last 2 years here were filled with injuries because his camps were soft and VET friendly 2007,2008.

Pre Season is beyond important to get the body ready for a full 16 weeks of abuse.

Comment

There has been talk about reducing or eliminating preseason games as part of a plan to expand the regular season and enlarge the playoffs. The elimination of the preseason games this year and its effect on injuries may inform the discussion.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think it goes beyond the new rules and COVID stuff. Obviously that’s still a factor but a lot of these guys overtrain in the offseason and don’t rest like they should and even though the offseason activities aren’t as tough, they’re going through it with a lot more mileage. Some guys can handle it pretty well but not all of them. Von seemed to go at it harder this offseason than any other, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he had a freak injury. We see less and less broken bones and more and more soft tissue/non contact injuries.

Some injuries you can’t do anything about, like Lock for example. He hurt his thumb because he hit his hand on a helmet during his follow through and this year he gets thrown down onto his shoulder awkwardly. Well you can do something about it, protect him better but he can’t do anything there.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              There has been talk about reducing or eliminating preseason games as part of a plan to expand the regular season and enlarge the playoffs. The elimination of the preseason games this year and its effect on injuries may inform the discussion.
                              I really hope they don't do that. As boring as preseason is, players need to go against other players going full speed. Practice doesn't simulate anywhere close to that tempo and speed. And practice doesn't have the hitting that games do.

Comment

Working...
                              X