• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR0NCOFANATIC
    Playmaker
    • May 2004

Michael Ojemudia is a very good CB

I know he has had his struggles early in the season but that's expected by any rookie player but I love what I see from this guy. I love how he looks for the ball in the air during deep balls. He will only get better as the season progresses. He should have more INT than what he has now. One was overturned due to a penalty and the other was dropped. I see a pick six in the future,
    Go Hard or Go Home
  • Zealander
    ING!
    • Apr 2007

He does look really good.

I am very excited to see this team continue to develop with Elway/Fangio growing this excellent foundation they've put together into the future. We've got good material.

Crossing my fingers that Britany Bowlen can take the reigns soon and clear away this uncertainty in the ownership position which is hurting us greatly.

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
      Ring of Famer
      • Oct 2017

We played the jets.....
      Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Murph2432
        Playmaker
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
        We played the jets.....
        Yea but looking at all 4 games, I only say one game where he played real bad. However, we are asking a lot for a rookie to come in. He has three very good chances of getting an INT. Two of they get should have had but dropped an easy ball. My hope is he doesn’t lose confidence throughout this season because he’s going to get burned at times.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
          Football Immortal
          • May 2010

He should grow if bausby can stay healthy we may have a hugely underrated cb room. Either way we need to fix the oline and get some speed next to johnson at ilb
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• FR Tim
            Football Immortal
            • Jul 2013

All the CBs took on additional responsibilities and pressure with Bouye going down to injury. Changes everything when your #1 is missing.

Broncos also have that same issue at pass rusher, DT, WR, RT, QB and arguably RB.

Shocking when you look at the overall depth chart with the injury issues.

Comment

• Banner29
              Practice Squad
              • Feb 2020

I think that if he was able to come away with that pick against Big Ben that game would have been very different for him. He seemed to be hanging his head afterwards, and after that he just got abused by Big Ben. That little confidence boost may have went a long way.

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2017

I am A Big Time Fan Of Mike O. He plays like a Veteran out there and before Long he will be a True Shut Down Corner Back I actually see shades of Champ Bailey I would not be surprised if Champ is not coaching him up.

Comment

• 58Miller
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Banner29 View Post
                  I think that if he was able to come away with that pick against Big Ben that game would have been very different for him. He seemed to be hanging his head afterwards, and after that he just got abused by Big Ben. That little confidence boost may have went a long way.
                  He picks Ben and they don’t reverse his pick against Tennessee on a weak unnecessary roughness on Alexander Johnson we are probably sitting at 3-1. Oh well, look forward to seeing him get his first pick ( soon!!!!!!)
                  sigpic

Comment

• HDbroncos02
                    Football Immortal
                    • Sep 2012

Saw some statistics that might be encouraging.

With the glaring exception of the Steelers game, Ojemudia is averaging:

16.4 snaps per reception (3rd in the NFL)
                    7.7 snaps per target (24th)
                    0.48 yards allowed per coverage snap (1st)
                    57.5 passer rating against (6th)

So basically opposing QBs are targeting our rookie 3rd round pick from Iowa-- however, he is not giving up many receptions on those targets. Yes, the Steelers game was quite ugly-- but even then, one could cite Claypool's push-off, the near INT, etc. as justification for why even that game wasn't all that bad for Ojemudia.

With Bouye coming back within the next couple of weeks, he should take a ton of pressure off of Ojemudia. Through four games, I would say the rookie has fared about as well as one could hope given the circumstances of an abbreviated offseason and weathering injuries to key defensive starters early on. I expect Ojemudia to improve as the season goes on, but there will definitely still be some rough moments as per usual for any rookie corner. In Fangio's two years here, there is a reason why Ojemudia has been his highest-drafted defensive player yet. His length, physicality, and smarts will take him a long way in this defense. We've seen the likes of Kyle Fuller, Prince Amukamara, and Bryce Callahan excel with Fangio/Donatell-- I think Ojemudia has the upside to be better than all of them. Time will only tell but I am excited for the future of our secondary here.
                    Last edited by HDbroncos02; 10-08-2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Hadez
                      Football Immortal
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                      Saw some statistics that might be encouraging.

With the glaring exception of the Steelers game, Ojemudia is averaging:

16.4 snaps per reception (3rd in the NFL)
                      7.7 snaps per target (24th)
                      0.48 yards allowed per coverage snap (1st)
                      57.5 passer rating against (6th)

So basically opposing QBs are targeting our rookie 3rd round pick from Iowa-- however, he is not giving up many receptions on those targets. Yes, the Steelers game was quite ugly-- but even then, one could cite Claypool's push-off, the near INT, etc. as justification for why even that game wasn't all that bad for Ojemudia.

With Bouye coming back within the next couple of weeks, he should take a ton of pressure off of Ojemudia. Through four games, I would say the rookie has fared about as well as one could hope given the circumstances of an abbreviated offseason and weathering injuries to key defensive starters early on. I expect Ojemudia to improve as the season goes on, but there will definitely still be some rough moments as per usual for any rookie corner. In Fangio's two years here, there is a reason why Ojemudia has been his highest-drafted defensive player yet. His length, physicality, and smarts will take him a long way in this defense. We've seen the likes of Kyle Fuller, Prince Amukamara, and Bryce Callahan excel with Fangio/Donatell-- I think Ojemudia has the upside to be better than all of them. Time will only tell but I am excited for the future of our secondary here.
                      There will be ups and downs with any young player. I am very pleased with what the rook has done so far.
                      What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                      effort x talent = skill
                      effort x skill = achievement
                      How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• Champ>NFL
                        All-Pro
                        • Mar 2005

I was impressed with him when he was a complimentary piece to Bouye. However, I’ve been pleased with what I’ve seen from him.

He has the chance to be a really good player
                        -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

• underrated29
                          Why did the fans get Dumb
                          • Feb 2006

And all the people that called him a reach....
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• skeeter01
                            Football Immortal
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                            And all the people that called him a reach....
                            Beat me to the punch !!!! I had faith.

Comment

• Hadez
                              Football Immortal
                              • Nov 2004

The nice things about knowing nothing about college players is I do not get mad when the team takes someone else....I do not know what a reach is...and when the player works out I am about as happy as I can be.
                              What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                              effort x talent = skill
                              effort x skill = achievement
                              How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

Working...
                              X