Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Ojemudia is a very good CB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Not a good showing for OJ today. I can live with the completions, but this shoulder check nonsense has to stop. He needs to wrap up and drive

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      Not a good showing for OJ today. I can live with the completions, but this shoulder check nonsense has to stop. He needs to wrap up and drive
      I think it is a thing a lot of players coming out of college needs to deal with
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

      Comment


      • #18
        Guess I do not come around here enough.

        One of my rookie favs from this year was benched and asked to work on his technique.

        https://sports.yahoo.com/denver-rook...5974--nfl.html

        DENVER (AP) -- Michael Ojemudia was summoned to the place no rookie wants to go - his head coach's office.

        A hard-to-hear conversation ensued as the Denver Broncos cornerback was demoted earlier this season.

        Friendly words of advice from Vic Fangio followed - work on his technique and stay ready, because anything can happen.
        Talks about how he worked on his game...stayed ready and is playing well again
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          Guess I do not come around here enough.

          One of my rookie favs from this year was benched and asked to work on his technique.

          https://sports.yahoo.com/denver-rook...5974--nfl.html

          Talks about how he worked on his game...stayed ready and is playing well again

          From the Broncos official website ...

          "Whether I was either playing or not, I was always learning every week," Ojemudia said. "I went to [Head Coach] Vic's [Fangio] office and he just talked to me and said, 'Your opportunity is going to come faster than you think, so just be ready.' Every week I'm just trying to learn and get better at at least one thing."

          Fangio told Ojemudia that the other lineup was better for the upcoming games, but that the team was not down on him as a player.

          "'I know what kind of player you can be,'" Ojemudia remembered Fangio saying. "'Just when you get back on the field, show us what you can do.'"
          "It's definitely going to be a great opportunity, especially with our backs against the walls — [and having] nobody left [at cornerback due to injuries]," Ojemudia said. "You've got to be accountable in these last couple of weeks. I talk to [CB De'Vante] Bausby a lot and he's been a mentor for me. So, just showing what you're made of these last couple weeks is definitely going to be good going into next season."

          "I thought he played pretty damn well the other night, and I hope he can continue that," Fangio said before the Broncos' win over the Panthers. "I see a little bit more confidence in him right now. I do think the couple of weeks where he didn't play or played sparingly kind of helped him a little bit potentially."

          Fangio said after the game — only Ojemudia's second in the lineup without Bouye or Callahan — that he saw moments of good and room for the young player to improve.
          "Mike's improving weekly and we hope for him to continue to improve these next three weeks," Fangio said.


          The way the link frames it makes it sound like they were/are down on him, that isn't the way I took it from the article on the Broncos website. I think Fangio likes to have young players get out on the field to get some experience and then sit them back down to watch and learn, especially when they struggle some.
          Ojemudia has played fairly well for being a rookie and a 3rd pick, he has been put in situations that are tough on rookies. It will be interesting to see how he develops, I think he is going to be a good, solid CB.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Is it just me, but are some of our draft choices turning into good players?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              Is it just me, but are some of our draft choices turning into good players?

              Nope...Can't be....Elway doesn't know how to draft. { According to practically everyone around here..... }

              Comment


              • #22
                Mike O is going to a Great CB for us just watch. Would it be cool if he was getting mentorship from Champ Bailey?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Looking at who the Broncos have to play CB this week... Michael O., Bausby, Nate Hairston?... who is Hairston? They do show Dawson and Toliver as depth but I am pretty sure they are injured/out... Yes, Toliver and Dawson are on IR.
                  No worries we have DB Chris Cooper on the PS.
                  Well we do have Will Parks that can play S/CB some and Kareem Jackson for most of his career played CB. They could play S Trey Marshall at S and move Jackson to CB with Parks as the nickel?
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                    Looking at who the Broncos have to play CB this week... Michael O., Bausby, Nate Hairston?... who is Hairston? They do show Dawson and Toliver as depth but I am pretty sure they are injured/out... Yes, Toliver and Dawson are on IR.
                    No worries we have DB Chris Cooper on the PS.
                    Well we do have Will Parks that can play S/CB some and Kareem Jackson for most of his career played CB. They could play S Trey Marshall at S and move Jackson to CB with Parks as the nickel?
                    Nickel package will probably be OJ, Bausby, with Parks in as the nickel DB. Parks played there a lot last season and spent the majority of last game there. If someone goes down, it’ll probably be Jackson sliding down to CB with Alijah Holder coming in at S. At least I’ve seen Holder in on defense a lot more than I have Marshall this season.

                    If anyone else goes down it’ll probably be a toss up between Locke and Marshall who have combined for 9 defensive snaps. I suppose there’s also Mark Barron who is a converted SS.
                    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 12-17-2020, 08:06 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I still stand by OJ. He has had a tough time with tackling but that can easily be fixed, When it comes to coverage, majority of the times he's right next to his man. He will be even better next year.
                      Go Hard or Go Home

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Mike OJ is going to be a True Shutdown Corner Back A True Playmaker.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I like what I’ve seen out of OJ for the most part this year. Here’s an opportunity to shine and show he can be a starter. Hoping for the best, for sure.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Stupid to throw the punch and get ejected but why no grabbing the face mask call on the WR?

                            Tough day but so far this season he has been steady and done a good job overall.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              Stupid to throw the punch and get ejected but why no grabbing the face mask call on the WR?

                              Tough day but so far this season he has been steady and done a good job overall.
                              That Anderson guy last week was grabbing the defenders facemask a few times. Apparently it is not a player injury concern when the offense does it to the defense.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                                That Anderson guy last week was grabbing the defenders facemask a few times. Apparently it is not a player injury concern when the offense does it to the defense.
                                The amount of times I've seen that happen lately blows my mind. I don't understand how it's a one-way concern.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X