My apologies to the Broncos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My apologies to the Broncos!

I thought the Broncos would lose this game. I was obviously (and thankfully) wrong. I definitely thought the Broncos had a chance but I thought the Colts would just be too difficult to stop on offense.

I apologize the the Broncos' defense because I thought Manning would shred them.

I apologize the Quentin Griffin because I thought was too small to carry the ball more than about 10 times a game. (How about 28 carries!)

I apologize to Ashley Lelie for questioning his hands earlier this season. He seems to have gotten his confidence back and just in time for our playoff run. Good job.

But I really want to thank the Broncos for winning because, despite my doubts, I still picked the Broncos in my football pools and I think I did really well thanks to this "upset."

The Colts were the one team I thought Denver did not match up well against because of their passing defense versus Indy's passing offense. I am so glad they proved my doubts were unfounded. If they can handle the Colts' offense, they can handle anybody. Now they just have to do it.

Thank you Broncos for making the playoffs and making my night!
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

You know Java: I thought the same way as well...we had a crapass record in Domes and the Colts have our numbers....it's call EATING UP THAT CLOCK. The Broncos just proved in front of a national audience that they can play football.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Oh, and take that Aardwoof! 9-7 best possible record, eh?

Oh, also take that Sean Salisbury who recently claimed the Broncos wouldn't make the playoff because they couldn't win a big game on the road and that the Broncos weren't playing for Mike Shanahan. I hate that Salisbury Steak bonehead.
      Javalon
      Hail to the King, baby!
      Last edited by Javalon; 12-21-2003, 10:00 PM.
      ------

Comment

LOL... that was part of my unbeliever thread.

I knew we had a chance, you play a team enough times you get a feel for them and what they will do. Two years, two games and a preseason this year, they had us the last three times, we were due.

Now if we can ever win against Baltimore.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I don't think there is anything to apologize for Javalon. I think most of us including myself thought this game would be the toughest of the two remaining games for Denver to win if they lost hey it would not have been a surprise. But Denver did exactly what we all thought they had to do to win, they ran the ball superbly and Jake passed effectively.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Re: My apologies to the Broncos!

Originally posted by Javalon
            I apologize the the Broncos' defense because I thought Manning would shred them.

I apologize the Quentin Griffin because I thought was too small to carry the ball more than about 10 times a game. (How about 28 carries!)

I apologize to Ashley Lelie for questioning his hands earlier this season. He seems to have gotten his confidence back and just in time for our playoff run. Good job.
            and how. i've been very critical of the pass D - but they played great tonight. way to go guys.
            and griffin, wow he looked amazing. way to go griffin.
            and lelie, well, nice to have to you back. way to go.

also way to go to plummer, OL, DL, and all the other broncos. nice work.
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk
            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Oh, and take that Aardwoof! 9-7 best possible record, eh?

Oh, also take that Sean Salisbury who recently claimed the Broncos wouldn't make the playoff because they couldn't win a big game on the road and that the Broncos weren't playing for Mike Shanahan. I hate that Salisbury Steak bonehead.
              Now even in a win...somebody thought of Ardwolf!#@

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                I don't think there is anything to apologize for Javalon. I think most of us including myself thought this game would be the toughest of the two remaining games for Denver to win if they lost hey it would not have been a surprise. But Denver did exactly what we all thought they had to do to win, they ran the ball superbly and Jake passed effectively.
                Heh, I am extremely happy they won and are now in the playoffs. But there's just that little bad feeling that I doubted my team. But as I said, if the Broncos can win in Indy, they can win anywhere.

Now I wonder if the Broncos will rest players next week in Green Bay. I don't think a win will accomplish anything and they've got a lot of banged up players.
                ------

Comment

Treat is as a preseason game, rest your guys.

I am sure Aardy-choke will be here soon enough, he is a Favre rah rah man.

Comment

ESPN Sportscenter is about to have all of Sharpe's mic on air.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                      Treat is as a preseason game, rest your guys.
                      No way. Play it like you always would. Maybe rest CP, but play it straight.

Remember the Jaguars in 96. We rested our team after sowing up home field and got beat in the first round.
                      sigpic

Comment

We had a bye week for the Jaguars, that worked against us, becuase we won so early and had rested so long.

We have dinged up players, we need them fresh for the road games in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                          No way. Play it like you always would. Maybe rest CP, but play it straight.

Remember the Jaguars in 96. We rested our team after sowing up home field and got beat in the first round.

You're right Elway....Dener in 96 clinched a playoff bearth in week 12!~ Of course you would slow down and got caught by that Jag team!

Comment

Re: My apologies to the Broncos!

I thought the Broncos would lose this game. I was obviously (and thankfully) wrong. I definitely thought the Broncos had a chance but I thought the Colts would just be too difficult to stop on offense.

But I really want to thank the Broncos for winning because, despite my doubts, I still picked the Broncos in my football pools and I think I did really well thanks to this "upset."

The Colts were the one team I thought Denver did not match up well against because of their passing defense versus Indy's passing offense. I am so glad they proved my doubts were unfounded. If they can handle the Colts' offense, they can handle anybody. Now they just have to do it.

Thank you Broncos for making the playoffs and making my night!

I told you, the whole manning family is overrated, I wasn't worried about this game at all, it was like playing a Brian Griese that actually can throw to wide open WR's...the WR's totally make Manning, Harrision is just awesome.. good focus and great ability to catch..
                            and Lelie..coming up huge for us...
                            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Im sorry to! I thought they would lose as well. Im so happy they didnt! AS, you can tell my mouth and posts are a flapping!

Comment

Working...
                              X