should CP play next week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should CP play next week?

If Clinton Portis is well enough, should he play against Green Bay?

Last week alot of people wanted to Shanny's head for not kicking the field goal sooner and letting CP get injured. Is it possible that this was a blessing in disguise? CP gets some much deserved rest going into the playoffs, and now we know what Q is capable of.

Where are the Shanny haters this week?

Once again, gotta give it up for the O-line. Spectacular!

Bring on the POSTSEASON!!!

I don't think Portis among most of the other starters should play much if at all. We really need to keep players healthy now that we know we have a spot in the playoffs.

Comment

You get hurt when you are not in rhythme!

It's not time to mess with the chemistry. Play it and get better! Substitutions through out to make it more like a practice workout and hopefully we are still blowing them out.

CP's yardage is also important! He needs his rhythme to return after a week off.

I do not know what the NFC playoff senerios are but GB W or L may affect it. We need to respect the other teams!!!
      This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

I say rest him and some of the other starters. This would be a great time for us to rest Dan Neil and let his ankle get better as well as Portis. Plus, we could get some of our young guys some playing time to sharpen up for the "big dance".

Comment

He's going to get a rest...sorry...but let's make him fresh for the playoffs because for the last 3 weeks (before the Colts game) he has been running mad!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I'd have to agree about resting Portis. If he weren't hurt currently, I'd have to say play him, but giving him an extra week to heal up seems like a sound idea.

And....its not like we don't have a running game without him!

As far as the other starters, I'd say play the game like theres no tomorrow. Losing begets losing and vice versa...we don't want to even let up when it doesn't "mean anything".

We need to bring "The Big Mo" with us, into the postseason. Having Big Mo with ya as your 12th man, is what can push you over the hump when you're on the road (in my ever-so-humble opinion).
            "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777
              I'd have to agree about resting Portis. If he weren't hurt currently, I'd have to say play him, but giving him an extra week to heal up seems like a sound idea.

And....its not like we don't have a running game without him!

As far as the other starters, I'd say play the game like theres no tomorrow. Losing begets losing and vice versa...we don't want to even let up when it doesn't "mean anything".

We need to bring "The Big Mo" with us, into the postseason. Having Big Mo with ya as your 12th man, is what can push you over the hump when you're on the road (in my ever-so-humble opinion).
              dumb question, but what is "The Big Mo"? Pardon the newbness.

P.S. Rest CP and Neil, and let Mike grind that GB defense. Throw in the QG for some added flava and we got this. Praying Jake stays healthy, tho.
              Kicking around, on a piece of ground, in your hometown;
              Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

- Roger Waters

Comment

Originally posted by jubei
                dumb question, but what is "The Big Mo"? Pardon the newbness.
                The Big Mo = momentum. As for the "newbness, no worries!
                "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Shannahan is the man. I honestly believed he would have something up his sleeves. At least I would have. Can you imagine if they had lost tonight? Shannahan would have joined Fassle and Reeves. I say mix Portis in, especially on the run defense the Packers have. Resting him might be a bad things come playoffs. He's hot right now and they should keep him that way.

Comment

If we were lucky enough to get him some good yards and touches early and get a lead going, we could always pull him later and use either MA or QG as closers. Maybe keep him sharp, but do it conservatively.

- Roger Waters

Comment

Id play griffin.. see what he has.. if it was a fluke.. i doubt it was but it be nice to practice this guy more.. and have a strong 1, 2 punch for the playoffs..

or i would play 50/50

www.avalancheboard.com/wbb2

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777
                        The Big Mo = momentum. As for the "newbness, no worries!
                        Thanks for the heads up, Trench. Momentum is huge.

Newton's First Law: A body in motion tends to stay in motion...

Let's keep it up.

- Roger Waters

Comment

I think it depends on the other games. If we have a chance of being the fifth seed (and playing cincy?), then play him. If the game becomes irrelevant, then give him about 10 carries (practice) and rest him.
                          sigpic
                          Kyle Orton Army Soldier #888

Comment

Other teams have to be freakin if they face a healthy CP. Nice to have that weapon at 100% come the first round.

Just a thought, but how well could we have done if we could have eliminated some of those penalties...

- Roger Waters

Comment

Definitely like to play Cincy!!

Originally posted by newguy
                              I think it depends on the other games. If we have a chance of being the fifth seed (and playing cincy?), then play him. If the game becomes irrelevant, then give him about 10 carries (practice) and rest him.
                              Cincy above all others.

But a tougher game may keep us honest?
                              This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X