should CP play next week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jubei
    Other teams have to be freakin if they face a healthy CP. Nice to have that weapon at 100% come the first round.

Just a thought, but how well could we have done if we could have eliminated some of those penalties...
    This is getting kind of off topic. But, I will say, some of them were just due to a lot of energy and enthusiasm. And, I wouldn't try to discourage that.
    sigpic
    Kyle Orton Army Soldier #888

Comment

Originally posted by newguy
      This is getting kind of off topic. But, I will say, some of them were just due to a lot of energy and enthusiasm. And, I wouldn't try to discourage that.
      Good point. The important thing is that we played thru, and made up for most of them. Not bad playing in "the toughest dome in the league".
      Kicking around, on a piece of ground, in your hometown;
      Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

- Roger Waters

Comment

I say play CP for the first half and let him get a score or 2 and put in QG for the closer. Just enough for CP to keep his edge and then give Griffen some critical playing time in case (God forbid) CP gets hurt in the playoffs.

Comment

Gotta have the momentum

I agree. Momentum is huge. Gotta keep it up. Get everyone in there, spread the ball around and go for the 'W'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're going to be on the road throughout the playoffs anyway. A December win at Lambeau would be a huge boost.

No rest for the weary . . . but an early February vacation in Houston sure would be nice.
          Last edited by broncos7; 12-21-2003, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Re: Gotta have the momentum

Originally posted by broncos7
            I agree. Momentum is huge. Gotta keep it up. Get everyone in there, spread the ball around and go for the 'W'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're going to be on the road throughout the playoffs anyway. A December win at Lambeau would be a huge boost.

No rest for the weary . . . but an early February vacation in Houston sure would be nice.
            Yes, I hear Houston is quite lovely this time of year!!!:p

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Comment

Re: You get hurt when you are not in rhythme!

Originally posted by JED Bronco
              It's not time to mess with the chemistry. Play it and get better! Substitutions through out to make it more like a practice workout and hopefully we are still blowing them out.

CP's yardage is also important! He needs his rhythme to return after a week off.

I do not know what the NFC playoff senerios are but GB W or L may affect it. We need to respect the other teams!!!
              I agree with JED on this point. It could disrupt team chemistry if most of the starters sit out. Going into the playoffs with a loss does not help with momentum.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Re: Re: You get hurt when you are not in rhythme!

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                I agree with JED on this point. It could disrupt team chemistry if most of the starters sit out. Going into the playoffs with a loss does not help with momentum.
                Yeah, but if Clinton gets hurt, watch out people are going to be asking for Shannys head again, plus, Griffen played so good i dont think there is anything wrong with getting him a few more reps just in case we need him in the playoffs. CP knows what he is doing, give the Griffen most the carries, let CP have a few

Comment

I wouldn't give CP more than 15-20 carries.

Use QG and anderson for the remainder.

And if he even has a hint of pain in his ankle , DO NOT PLAY HIM it will only get worse

Comment

i think you have to play portis if healthy .... maybe pull him late in the game .... but we need to win this game. The broncos have to go underfeated if we wanna go deep in the post season. If we lose to GB next week ..... we will not have the momentum going into january.

Go Broncos

Comment

Re: Re: Re: You get hurt when you are not in rhythme!

Originally posted by Montanabronco
                      Yeah, but if Clinton gets hurt, watch out people are going to be asking for Shannys head again, plus, Griffen played so good i dont think there is anything wrong with getting him a few more reps just in case we need him in the playoffs. CP knows what he is doing, give the Griffen most the carries, let CP have a few
                      Griffin was on turf, which may have contributed to his success. I think most important thing for the Broncos is to go into the playoffs with momentum, going in with a loss wont help the cause.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                      X