Remember the Cardinal fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the Cardinal fans?

Remember when this board first opened this past Summer and cardinal fans were hexing the heck out of the Broncos for picking up Jake Plummer? Where are they now?

They were talking mad smack!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Personally, I think a bunch of Broncos fans should go and thank them (perhaps rub it in).

You can start here:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/
    Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

hehee..I like this post...

"outside of that first int by plummer..he has been spot on and they have scored 28 points. Clinton Portis is not playing (out with injury)...

It makes me sick to see their offensive line (denver) play so well week after week...and they are mostly 6th round picks..and then counter that with our overpaid bunch of stiffs..."

Comment

Eager for a scapegoat, so many Cards fans were VICIOUS to Jake. Clearly, he wasn't the problem and now Cards fans don't know who to blame.

And, Jake's success has proven them categorically wrong and many of them can't handle that.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Someone actually posted that Jake has a weak arm? He was launching it up last [email protected]$#

Comment

That he has a weak arm, that he can't make good decisions, that he can only effective manage one side of the field. They put all the blame of his INT's on his shoulders and no one else.

Jake is such a competitor, something you all will love to realize over time (if you haven't already), and as such he carried the weight of the team's success. He forced things to try to make something happen, but it just wasn't enough. Now, he can simply be what he is supposed to be, to the glory of the Broncos and the team's fans!

I tell you what, I'm finally beginning to get a taste of what Bronco's fans have enjoyed all this time. Watching the game last night and how well Jake played. It was like the cliched well-oiled machine. Everything was firing and it was beautiful to watch. To see Jake be in a place where his true potential can be realized quite frankly leaves me giddy.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

I was one of the Cardinal fans who came on this board praising Jake. We saw what Jake could do when he was a Heisman hopeful at Arizona State. It was the ASU defense that lost the National championship not Jake that year. I swear nobody can be successful playing for the Cards and the ownership here. Jake always had it in him, he just wasn't in the right environment. I think the majority of Arizonans appreciate Jake and wish the very best for him up in Denver. He has turned me into a Broncos fan as well.

Comment

Way to go! Well...I was just reading all the post that's on the Cardinal's board and I think it's the TOP that keeps the redbirds down.....I say get a new owner and fire the GM....keep your current coach and sign him some REAL players. Anquan Boldlin is a great start!...

I keep telling Card fans..trade for Ken Dorsey!

Comment

Agreed. If the Cards continue with the old ways then we'll see Boldin in another uniform in a few years. They would be foolish to not do something about it and continue to let great players go. Oh well.... hey, we could use Boldin... send him on over.
                  Winter is Coming!

Comment

hmm...i dont like that cards board

Comment

Here's a prototypical thread over there. They just can't accept some things.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/...5&pagenumber=1

And here is an example:

When Jake does good, it's the coaching and Denver's blocking schemes. When he does bad, it because he sucks.

Try and keep up.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Well....just like the last few seasons....they are now playing to sell 5 dollar hot dogs and 4 dollar cokes.

Comment

I just read through that cards site thread... Man, that is some funny sh... stuff. They're so bad that they don't know which way is up or who to blame for their perrenial shortcomings. Some can't stand the thought that Jake might actually be the difference maker for Denver. I like that thought.... a lot!!!!
                          Winter is Coming!

Comment

Seriously, with the caps, 90% of the game is coaching (or luck). You have to have the right mental attitude and the right people to instill it. I thing Jake had a good attitude in Arizona. But, his line and receivers didn't. Now he's got a whole team of winners.
                            Look at the differences coaching made in Dallas and Oakland (it took Callahan 2 years to destroy the Raiders).
                            Arizona needs to start at the top and clean house.
                            sigpic
                            Kyle Orton Army Soldier #888

Comment

Jake's problem in Arizona was no O line and David Boston.

Just cause you look like a tight end and play WR doesn't make you a viable option--as leading Chargers receiver Ladanian Tomlinson would point out if he were less humble.

Really, its not like our pass blocking is great by any means, which is why Jake is PERFECT for our O. Our run blocking is stellar, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X