Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    OK listen i just looked this up.

In mike anderson's rookie year, he averaged 5.0 yards a carry over a full season. Now that he is settling into his fullback role, not only has his average dropped to 3.9, but if you subtract his only big run of the season a 44 yarder against the lions, his average drops to around 3.0 Those are fullback numbers there and thats what i was talking about, he is NOT the same runner.
    If he were the feature back and averaging about 20 to 25 carries a game I would bet good money if I had any that his ypc would be around 4.0 and he would have a 1000 yards rushing. He is not being asked to be the same kind of runner that he was in his rookie season. Most of his carries come in short yardage situations, his ypc is not going to be as high as Portis'.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

You know what the best thing is.

The broncos do not have to worry about one back going down. They got Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis and Quentin Griffin. Any of those backs can do their duties. They get the call and can get the yards. Griffin proved he is very capable. That was one thing that always got me. Everyone knocking him for his size, that he would never cut it in the NFL and that he was a waiste of draft pick. I know why people were saying that. He would only get 4 or 5 carries a game and would not get the best of yardage. I always said though if you give him more carries he will shine and he did. I think he found his grove and he uses his size to advantage. For all the ones knocking his size. You can not make an excuse of getting that many yards against the Colts. (Turf or no turf) You get him the carries and Griffin always finds a way to get the yards. I think what we seen Sunday is only a peek at what he is capable of doing. I don't knock Portis or Anderson. As a matter of fact I think its awesome we have so many backs to get the run game going. We know how good Portis is and now I hope everyone can see that little Griffin has more then what it takes to cut it in the NFL. and as for his size, I think that is a benefit to him. He made defender after defender look like a joke. Also, did you happen to see that block he laid for Plummer. Wow, that was an awesome block if I ever seen one. Even ESPN was highlighting that block. So, in conclusion lets consider the Broncos fortunate to have so many good backs anytime we need them.

Comment

Anderson is not the same as a halfback he once was.

When you spend years as a FB getting only a few carries a game your stamina goes down. Because your a fullback you spend most of your time learning how to block, and most of the running reps go to the running back. So essentially he ISN'T the same back he once was; his vision may not be the same and most definitely his acceleration has gone down.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
        - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
          It's odd to me that you will say that Mike Anderson is "ruined' as a result of playing FB, and that switching back to RB would be totally stupid and ineffective.
          what? i dont know where you got that, but this whole thing is wrong. i never said mike being a rb was either stupid nor ineffective. i didnt say he was ruined either. as a rb he will do what a fb does, loosen a defense. this isnt rocket science, mike being a fb put the best 11 guys there, but mike just doesnt have the burst he used to have. he ran 14 times for 44 yards, that 3.0 ypc,how can you call him the same? griffin had 5.0 ypc, how is mike a better runner? mike is a very good fb now and very good fb arent meant to run for 100+ yards.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
            mike is a very good fb now and very good fb arent meant to run for 100+ yards.
            Unless you're Mike Alstott(sp?)

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
              Unless you're Mike Alstott(sp?)
              i dont know if alstott has had many 100 yd games but he has more than anderson
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

anderson is not near alstott when it comes to power running, people, look at andersons #'s he averages 3.9!!!!!! he just is NOT explosive dont you get that. averaging under 4.5 is unacceptable for our rb's let mike be a fb sheesh. he just isnt the same rb no more 3.9???

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

quentin

shanahan should rest {but yes practice} portis this sunday,and play griffen again! last weeks combo of griffen and andersen worked nicely. save the star [portis] for the playoffs!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    If he were the feature back and averaging about 20 to 25 carries a game I would bet good money if I had any that his ypc would be around 4.0 and he would have a 1000 yards rushing. He is not being asked to be the same kind of runner that he was in his rookie season. Most of his carries come in short yardage situations, his ypc is not going to be as high as Portis'.
                    btw getting 1000 yards is nothin in a season. 1000 yards means you average about 63 yards per game i dont know why people think 1000 yards is special for a rb.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

ok, say mike had 14 more caries vs the colts, do you really think his ypc goes up as high as griffin's was?

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Quentin

Hehe, aww. Quentin is awesome.
                        Jeremiah 29:11
                        BOOMER SOONER!!

Comment

What are there 3 threads devoted to making QG non-belivers eat crow? Seems a bit excessive. Please post 1 thread, not 3.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                          X