This should cheer some of you up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This should cheer some of you up.

It is a week in review. Pretty positive.

http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/...3/1693081.html
    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

The Broncos are one of the few teams that can beat the New England Patriots in Foxborough. I don't know if it'll happen, but they can do it.

sigpic
    go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
        The Broncos are one of the few teams that can beat the New England Patriots in Foxborough. I don't know if it'll happen, but they can do it.

If the MNF game were 30 seconds shorter, then we would have beaten them...with Danny Kanell as QB. I'd like another crack at them.
        Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Anything is possible. I think Mort is right the Broncos could beat the Patriots but will it come to pass that remains to be seen. Having a healthy Plummer and Portis has a lot to do with that. I also think Denver could beat the Ravens in Baltimore. Both teams faced Denver when they were without Jake, with him in it changes how the can defense them. The only thing sweeter than beating the Patriots or the Ravens is beating the tar out of the Squaws.
          Last edited by TXBRONC; 12-23-2003, 06:27 PM.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Pierce
              If the MNF game were 30 seconds shorter, then we would have beaten them...with Danny Kanell as QB. I'd like another crack at them.
              ugh, i had forgotten about that. shudder. yeah i'd really like another chance at them too.
              sigpic
              go broncos
              share the sidewalk
              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by booher
                i beleive if it wasen't for shannys brain fart we would have won
                If it wasn't for Deltha Oneal's muffing the free kick we would have won. If it wasn't for Ashley Lelie dropping that 3rd down pass we would have won.

That was a team loss.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by booher
                  i'm sorry but on 3rd and 6 with 2 something to go don't pass especially with our running game and also with kanell as qb all be it though i am worried of no team the way we are playing
                  I can't believe we're rehashing this.

The Pats still had a time-out and the 2 minute warning. 2:31 still on the clock. The Broncos were averaging under 4 yards per carry. The odds of getting 6 were not good. So Shanahan went for the killing blow because a first down probably wins the game. Kanell, despite being 3rd-string, put the ball on the money to Lelie for first down yardage. Lelie dropped the ball.

Shanahan's call would have worked perfectly if Lelie hadn't dropped it. Running the ball probably wouldn't haven't gotten a first down.

The bottom line is they lost for many reasons, not just what you consider a bad call.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Because we play in such harsh weather and in mile high gives us an edge with other teams especially when they play us at home, but at Foxborough it will be pretty interesting since we both are cold weather teams.
                    sigpic

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece- John Ruskin

Comment

Denver has a distinct advantage in the playoffs, they faced everyteam in them already this year except for Tennesee.
                      Last edited by Elway; 12-23-2003, 07:59 PM.
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

So who do you guys think we will play in the Super Bowl?
                        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
                          So who do you guys think we will play in the Super Bowl?
                          It dosen't matter cause we will beat whoever it is.

And yes the mnf game was a sad thing. Having a drunk very rude
                          pat fan yelling at the broncos fans the whole game a few seats from me didn't help either. Luck for him the broncos fans have a bit more control than most. We shoulda won that game.

scott

Comment

At the very least Denver has much better chance of getting to the big dance than the Squaws do imho.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                            X