Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else ticked at the Broncos right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else ticked at the Broncos right now?

Right now the Broncos are on the verge of losing key players, and the same thing happened last year. You'd think they would get they would get the priorities straight. Now, the problem from last year (D-line) is getting worse and no course for improvement. Anyone else a bit ticked/worried?
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

no, pryce is 30 and coming back from a major back operation, if we get a 2nd it would be gr8 business and he is on 9m cap space.

hayward is not a 3-4 DL player so thats no biggie.

hamilton is being signed up and kennedy should be back.

we are moving to the 3-4 which plays to our strengths and the DL should look alot better.

DT can be ellis johnson or palepoi who are pretty good and the DE's will be a FA (maybe douglas) and the 1st round draft pick.

im pleased with the offseason so far.

Comment

I'm just waiting patiently for something to happen.
      sigpic

Comment

Actually Pryce saves us around 3-4 million on cap space, not nine million. That's his base salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology
          Actually Pryce saves us around 3-4 million on cap space, not nine million. That's his base salary.
          its still money we would have to pay him, whether its against the cap or not

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology
            I thought his cap hit would be $9M to keep him. By trading him it'll free up 3-4 mil leaving around 5 mil in dead money.

Comment

Too soon to get peeved. Lets see what happens this offseason before we start trashing Shanny & the front office™
              This space for rent

Comment

A couple of things concern me:

For one the list of players of that we are interested in at the combine. Hopefully that is just a ploy by Shanahan to mask who he really wants.

Also the fact that we are trying to re-sign Donnie Spragan, Reggie Hayward, and Kennoy Kennedy. I like Spragan but I think that we have other LB's on the team that need a look and I think we could use the money, though it shouldn't be much, to sweeten the deal for players at positions that we desperately help at.

Comment

One thing I've learned about following football, especially since I started posting on here, that you can speculate, hope, and guess and talk all you want, but its just better to wait and see. Because speculation gets very, very, very, annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe
                    One thing I've learned about following football, especially since I started posting on here, that you can speculate, hope, and guess and talk all you want, but its just better to wait and see. Because speculation gets very, very, very, annoying.
                    LOL, did u hear we might trade our while draft for peyton manning?

Comment

hey

I want Kenoy Kennedy signed! Remember letting Bert Berry go? I think dude made the pro bowl last season, right? Letting Kenoy go would be a mistake.
                      Imagine if we had kept Berry and paid him with the money from, say, Lenny Walls, who can not stay on the field, and whom I have absolutly no faith in completing next season either. Or say Price, who may never be the same after the injury, and is gonna cost a ton of cap space. Broncs drafted Kennedy, groomed him, now lets utilyze his abilities, instead of some other team reaping our benefits.
                      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

My concern is not just with the personell. We lost a lot last year but made it to the playoffs. The design schemes on offense and the probable defensive switch to the 3-4 is what I am interested. See how the Broncos approach it and who they pick up before training camp to fill the new roles.
                        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
                          I want Kenoy Kennedy signed! Remember letting Bert Berry go? I think dude made the pro bowl last season, right? Letting Kenoy go would be a mistake.
                          Imagine if we had kept Berry and paid him with the money from, say, Lenny Walls, who can not stay on the field, and whom I have absolutly no faith in completing next season either. Or say Price, who may never be the same after the injury, and is gonna cost a ton of cap space. Broncs drafted Kennedy, groomed him, now lets utilyze his abilities, instead of some other team reaping our benefits.
                          Letting Kennoy walk would be a good thing. HE IS NOT A GOOD SAFETY! You've got to do more than just hit people! Kennoy Can't cover for jack squat, he's a liability on every passing down, He doesn't get/force turnovers, doesn't get sacks, is constantly out of position, and is only a marginal tackler.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
                            Right now the Broncos are on the verge of losing key players, and the same thing happened last year. You'd think they would get they would get the priorities straight. Now, the problem from last year (D-line) is getting worse and no course for improvement. Anyone else a bit ticked/worried?
                            I completely agree with you. I thought the reason for getting rid of Pryce was so we could re-sign hayward who is supposed to be better in the 3-4 than Pryce. It's like every other team is adding players and getting better, while we are only losing players. If we lose players like Pryce, Droughns, Neil, etc., we should have enough cap space to re-sign hayward, kennedy, hamilton, and get a free agent or two. So yes, I am a little ticked, and VERY worried.

Comment

I want Kenoy Kennedy signed! Letting Kenoy go would be a mistake. Broncs drafted Kennedy, groomed him, now lets utilyze his abilities, instead of some other team reaping our benefits.
                              I like Kennedy as a player and I thought he was going to be our SS for years to come, but then management signed John Lynch. I was so confused when I heard Lynch had signed with us I was almost angered. Why sign a hard hitting, run stopping S with minimal speed that can't cover deep when we already have one??? Lynch and Kennedy are the exact same player and now we have two slow Safeties that cannot help our CB's deep. The bright is that one of them is an UFA.

I truely believe that we would have been better off last season with Kennedy at SS and Nick Ferguson at FS, but instead management signed Lynch. Now Kennedy is going to be the top SS on the market and there are teams with alot of cap space that are looking for a good S. Kennedy is going to get big $$$$$$ and I feel that now we would be better off moving Lynch to SS and putting a FS back there with him that can, get this, actually help in coverage.

Remember letting Bert Berry go? I think dude made the pro bowl last season, right? Imagine if we had kept Berry and paid him with the money from, say, Lenny Walls, who can not stay on the field, and whom I have absolutly no faith in completing next season either. Or say Price, who may never be the same after the injury, and is gonna cost a ton of cap space.
                              Use the money from Walls???? He didn't make hardly anything last year, how would his pennies have helped us re-sign Bert Berry????? When a player sees the $$$$ that Berry saw from Arizona you can kiss them goodbye. Like it or not we were better off letting Berry walk. He had big games against suspect competition last year and he disappeared against any semblance of talent. He still has problems playing the run and if Orlando Pace is traded to the Giants Berry will be lucky to get to 8 sacks next season.

You continue to state that Walls "can't make it through a season" but he has never had injury problems until last season. He will play a full season next year and he will have a solid season as the #2 CB.
                              Last edited by DPg2003; 02-27-2005, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X