The so many who didnt believe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The so many who didnt believe!

Not putting names because I don't want to put the point n someone.
    "here we go again!

I still think griffin is too small in the NFL. If they say "He's like Barry" ...he sure isn't making any break-aways."

"I for one, wish they would take out Griffin. The guy is too dang small. Eveytime he gets the ball, he goes 2 yards, and down. This guys is the FIRST HB that Shanahan picked that hasn't tore it up.

Shanahan has been on a role with Davis, Gary, Anderson, Portis.... but Griffin? Oh well, 4/5 ain't bad at all!"

"Damn it not again, stop watching Griffin and START watching Denver for once......

Q is a decent little back, but he is purely situational at best. He will never be able to carry the ball 25 times a game cuz he is TOO DAMN SMALL. He will more than likely spell Portis late in games, and hopefully he gets decent at doing it."

" like in Oklahoma City, and people here don't even know there is an NFL.......

So all they talk about is OU this, OU that..........

It gets tiring, and to be honest, I would be surprised if Q makes it in the NFL, heart or not...he is too small."

"The guy not only sucks, but he looks dumb too. Of course Mike Shanahan is no better. Every he runs the ball, it's a wasted play. Quite glad Mike Anderson is back."

"That was against a broken team tho. He is doing well, but hes so damn small even Quentin Jammer picked him up and drove him into the ground. I think he will simply have to put on more muscle to be an impact on the ground."

"I agree, he is just so small right now he can't make that much of an impact yet on this level."

"Hey Boomer Sooner, this aint OU, there is gonna be a different way to play the game in the NFL.........not to mention Quentin was the star of your team which means all centered around him, it aint that way here in Denver........Im not to impressed with what Ive seen, he got leveled last night...............But then again I AM SO PISSED about the game last night i cant see straight."

"Kanell played pretty good I thought. Of course it doesn't help when bone headed plays are called by the coach, or when your #2 receiver drops three passes. Griffin got punked on that "attempted" block. I think he is over rated, and was so even in college. He was on a great team with a great coach, unlike the Broncos, with an awesome line."

And that is only some of the Knocks. Eat your words baby......

"Griffin has a while before he can learn how to play. he has nice moves but he has to use them all the time to keep from getting blasted i think he will be nothiing more than a spot player. he doesnt have power and isnt showing vision yet."

"We are not seeing "Max Q" we are seeing "Minimum Q""

"The two games that I've seen Quentin in, he was un-impressive, he was more or less a crash test dummy out there. He gets rocked by the first person who makes contact. No way he is anywhere near what Clinton is out there."

"HAHA....he did get an NFL wake-up call when he got leveled. It woudn't surprise me if he gets cut bu next year. They still have Galloway waiting from his injury"
    to me..
    ... he has no business getting handed the ball on this team. I don't know why he is even handed the ball when we could use big #38 as our backup rb. Sure he could catch the ball, but use him out the backfield to CATCH, not to run the ball. I cringe avery time he gets tackled. He is too small, and I havent seen any quickness from him that demonstrates that he can elude tacklers in the NFL. This isn't college ball."

Thats just a small fraction of the knocks. Eat your words baby.....

Geesh

C'mon guy. Get over it already.

Why do you need affirmation from every single person here to prove that your player is as good as you think he is? If he's that good, he'll prove it himself, over time. Nothing you say is gonna change that.

Comment

Why

well basically, its a forum and its something to discuss.......

Comment

Forgive me if I'm wrong but a discussion is a conversation between two or more people on a topic that is either relevant or interesting. A discussion is not a rant or complaint by one person seeking approval or reaction from another.

If you want to rant or whine (which is what this dead topic is fast becoming), take it to another board.

This quasi-spamming QG crap is getting old.

Comment

OK Sooner...OK OK OK OK OK OK!

Most of them quotes were mines!

You win! I'll tell you what..if Portis does not play Sunday...and Griffin gets the nod...I will bet you my avatar...if Griffin rushes for a 100 and 1 TD...I will change my Avatar to griffin for a week.

If he doesn't...you have to chaneg your avatar to UT? How does that sound?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

lol

hehe Ok, if Griffin gets the number of carries and chances he had on last Sunday, he will get the yards. Deal.......
            However, it is most likely Portis will be back, which is good for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
              How is changing his avatar to the Vols going to do anything?

(remember, I'm just like the rest of you who ONLY see the great players in front of me and the rest of the teams in my conference, so I obviously wouldn't KNOW about Texas being a pretty big rival of OU, right?)

Hey...maybe Jason White can sit next to Carson Palmer or Ken Dorsey or Brad Banks or Major Applewhite or Chris Simms (or any of the OTHER overrated QB's coming out of college these days).
              University of Texas bc1....and go reply to my PM I sent ya.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Sooner ....

Considering your team got blown out by the best team in the BIGXII and backed into the NC game. Your quarterback backed into the Heisman trophy (82% of the total votes were in before the KSU-OU game) you should consider yourself very lucky. Griffin is good but one game? come on........I also see where Barry jumped back on the wagon for the sooners. I thought Blake was his astute replacement, hand picked?
                OU is over rated ! ask HCBS!
                NC State has the best quarterback in the nation! Heck, Ell Robertson (KSU) is far better than your 6 year senior!

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                  You win! I'll tell you what..if Portis does not play Sunday...and Griffin gets the nod...I will bet you my avatar...if Griffin rushes for a 100 and 1 TD...I will change my Avatar to griffin for a week.
                  What if he gets mongo yards and helps set up two or more TDs, but doesn't score any himself? Could you persuaded to do the avatar thing for, say, a couple of days?

Comment

That post, which by the way should have said "could you BE persuaded", was mainly meant to be tongue-in-cheek. As everyone knows, I do like Griffin a lot and think he has great potential. But no matter WHO'S out there, I want a decisive Broncos win above all else!

Comment

Sooners?

I did not know this post involved anything about the Sooners so where did that come from? Is that the best you can do? Always got to be critics about everything, now its the Sooners which was not even a topic.

Comment

Re: lol

Originally posted by OklahomaSooners
                        hehe Ok, if Griffin gets the number of carries and chances he had on last Sunday, he will get the yards. Deal.......
                        However, it is most likely Portis will be back, which is good for the team.
                        OS, in Griffin's first stint of playing in place of Portis did not go well. He was limited in his carries because he was ineffective. His height to me is non factor, but a little extra muscle weight wouldn't hurt imho.
                        Last edited by TXBRONC; 12-25-2003, 11:05 AM.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

The so many who didnt believe!

I answered the QC vs Mike Anderson start.. I said to start Mike and still believe Mike is the man. QC had one great game and the next thing this board will be saying is he's better than OJ or Jim Brown ie..Elway Vs Plummer!!! come on folks have some reasoning..being a fan is great but to get on a soapbox evey time someone does something great..Look I've been harping for years about Shannon Sharpe being the best TE and still get crap..No Pro Bowl!!! come on!!!
                          Thats called difference of opinion..who is right and who is wrong???
                          But I will say this until the Indy game QC did not impress me..Mike proved himself prior..pot or no pot..It's not like he molested someone..Leslie didn't step up till the Indy game and I still don't believe Deltha is the man..Of Course I'm a big ED Mc man myself..remember the year ED and Rod each had a 100 or so catches?/
                          Plummer the next Elway No way..But he has potential to be great!!!I never cared for Greise...
                          I'm a Denver Bronco fan from PA(don't like Pitts or Phila) have been for a long time..and have a room full or Orange and Blue!!!
                          I have the football package on the satellite and watch most Bronco games.
                          I enjoy the board..even the KC trash talkers..who forget your only as good as your last game..last Superbowl or Playoff win..Which was??? Thats what I thought..
                          So to end this... Ed Mac..Shannon Sharpe..Rod Smith..Clinton Portis..and Mike Anderson are the offense in my mind!!!!Hope Jake Plays up to his ability!!
                          And we could go far..But experience will win or a fluke game any day..look at the past.
                          good luck Denver(hope we can beat Baltimore) and everyone have a safe and happy holiday

Comment

Portis is not going to start according a report on the Broncos homepage I read the whole thing so I don't know whick will start at tailback but both will probably get plenty of carries as well.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
                              I checked my PM list, and it says I don't have any new ones.

The last one I got from you was about the "probably should have discussed this in a private message instead of a thread."

I sent you one reply, then I tried to send another one (which I ended up sending to Jared because your PM box is full according to the little pop-up window).

I have yet to see any replies from you OR Jared.
                              today is 12/25 and I just got it.

Check your box.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                              You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                              X