Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The so many who didnt believe!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by broncos_chick
    What if he gets mongo yards and helps set up two or more TDs, but doesn't score any himself? Could you persuaded to do the avatar thing for, say, a couple of days?
    Deal..sounds good to me.


    Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

    2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

    Comment


    • #17
      I didnt bother to read most of this thread but this is exactly my point about Sooner fans.................Dude, let it go.................Q still needs to prove himself, one game does not a player make.........he will get his props when he earns them........on a regular basis..........and at this point, IMHO, he is not a Sooner anymore he is a BRONCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      So F*CK the Sooners...............GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by orangenblue420
        I didnt bother to read most of this thread but this is exactly my point about Sooner fans.................Dude, let it go.................Q still needs to prove himself, one game does not a player make.........he will get his props when he earns them........on a regular basis..........and at this point, IMHO, he is not a Sooner anymore he is a BRONCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        So F*CK the Sooners...............GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        sheesh people, im not a sooner fan at all, but i love QG. it was his first good game? of course, thats how its supposed to start! im not saying he should start from now on, but its nice to have a backup who can get 5.0 ypc. the thing i like most is that he doesnt like to bring attention to himself and is humble and quiet after a big play, i like guys like that. i know talent when i see it. somebody in an earlier post said there was no reason to compare plummer to elway so early, well i started that thread in week 4 or so,cause i saw his talent, you dont need a couple years befor you see a guys skill level. a couple weeks later,shannon sharpe and a couple commentators say things like how they compare nicely, and that jake is the real deal like elway was. bottom line, when you play nice cause youre a nice playrr, you deserve props. i wouldnt say QG was good if he was running through huge holes and key blocks, griffin made most of those plays himself, makin moves with NO blockers sometimes, he even threw a great block, which we thought was pretty good, but QG feels he is supposed to do that. he didnt say "hey guys look at me im only 5'7 and i threw a block" the guy is good. i dont need more games to see that. maybe i should be a scout.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

        I tried to warn ya.

        Comment


        • #19
          good until proven bad.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

          I tried to warn ya.

          Comment


          • #20
            I hear ya Lava, but first give him some time in the NFL, he will end up talking and showboating as much as everyone else, more than likely, its like a virus with those guys, drives me insane, but thats another topic of discussion. I was immediately a fan of Plummer as soon as he got here, but I remember thinking he had loads of talent and reminded me a bit of Elway when he first got drafted, I always have liked Jake and I have such a huge hatred for the Sooners I know I am not giving Q a fair shot, so I apologize for that, I want him to be awsome, like I said he is a Bronco now, so I need to let go of the fact that he is a Sooner, its just that every Sooner fan I know has to mention Q and his Soonerhood when i talk about me Broncs and i dont want to talk Sooner football i want to talk Bronco football

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by orangenblue420
              I hear ya Lava, but first give him some time in the NFL, he will end up talking and showboating as much as everyone else, more than likely, its like a virus with those guys, drives me insane, but thats another topic of discussion. I was immediately a fan of Plummer as soon as he got here, but I remember thinking he had loads of talent and reminded me a bit of Elway when he first got drafted, I always have liked Jake and I have such a huge hatred for the Sooners I know I am not giving Q a fair shot, so I apologize for that, I want him to be awsome, like I said he is a Bronco now, so I need to let go of the fact that he is a Sooner, its just that every Sooner fan I know has to mention Q and his Soonerhood when i talk about me Broncs and i dont want to talk Sooner football i want to talk Bronco football
              i dont think griffin will turn into a showboat. i definitely think he id the higher breed player who doesnt want attention. him and guys like mccaffrey howard griffith and a few others, hardly ever did a dance after the TD, cause they appreciate their chance to contribute. he would have been happy go lucky cause he is a rookie makin big plays like he did if he was that kind. i seen him gettin high 5's aand not even smiling, but concentrating on the next play.

              i understand what you sayin with the sooners though.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

              I tried to warn ya.

              Comment


              • #22
                I agree from what I have seen of Griffin both college and pro he is not that type of player. He seems to go about his duties quitely.
                John 11: 25-27

                My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                Thanks Snk16

                Comment


                • #23
                  orangenblue420

                  Hey, Where the heck are coming from? "Quentin is not a Sooner anymore he is a Bronco"? Really??????Wow, tell me something I didnt know sherlock....Your about as bright as they come huh. For one, the topic of the post was not about the Sooners or Griffin being a Sooner. Just because you hate the Sooners, you want to bash every Sooner fan and player/or former player. "Dude let it go" The post was not about the "Sooners". The post was not about "Quentin Griffin the Sooner". It was about a Bronco named Quentin Griffin (not the Sooners) so next time wont you take your own advise.....................Posted by Orangeblue420"I have such a huge hatred for the Sooners I know I am not giving Q a fair shot, so I apologize for that, I want him to be awsome, like I said he is a Bronco now, so I need to let go of the fact that he is a Sooner, its just that every Sooner fan I know has to mention Q and his Soonerhood when i talk about me Broncs and i dont want to talk Sooner football i want to talk Bronco football" .............
                  Take your own advice because the post was not about the Sooners. Like I said it was about a rookie Bronco who needs there so called fans to "give him his fair shot" and stop bashing on their own players......By the way, ahh never mind not even going to say it..................................

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    OS, I seem to remember a Sooner fan that said he was following the Broncos just because of QG. I believe they also mentioned that if QG were to go to another team then they would follow that team. Wasn't that you? It was thread about the time of training camp, maybe even after the draft. If it wasn't my apologies. However it was gave me the distinct impression that the only reason that they would follow the Broncos is because of QG and the fact he was Sooner and for no other reason. That seems to kind of waste to me. Denver has had other OU alumni on their team most notably Steve Seward who played in the early years of John Elway's career.
                    John 11: 25-27

                    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                    Thanks Snk16

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      TXBRONCO

                      Like I originally said, THE TOPIC WAS NOT ABOUT THE SOONERS. Talking about born critics. Oh and by the way. I followed the Broncos every since John Elway got traded to them in 1983. There was a period of time that I did not follow any team, and that was when I was a US Marine. However, due to circumstances, I was unable to. Would I follow Griffin if he went to another team, sure why not? No its not because he was a Sooner. The Sooners have nothing to with it. Bah, it is simply because I see a back with special attributes and talents. He is unique and not another showboat. That does not mean I would not follow the Broncos also. Afterall, their is a certain player who happens to be a fellow devildog (Mike Anderson). Heck, I still remember when John Elway led the Broncos to an awesome comeback win and that 98 yard drive over the Browns in 1986. So, please people just because you do not like the Sooners (which the topic was never about if you read it) dont come talking to me about them (the Sooners). I guess this is your pathetic way of eating crow.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Easy there OS, I was not being critical I was asking a question. I did thought it might be you, wasn't sure, but I remember some OU fan saying that the only reason they were following the Broncos was because of QG. They had no other reason. Whoever it was even went as far to say that if QG went to another team they would start rooting for that team instead. Personally I don't think that is good reason to follow one team or another.

                        I'm not against QG I was not sure I had doubts about him coming up with a preformance like that I didn't say he couldn't. Besides ealier in the season he had a golden opportunity to show us all what he could do when Portis was hurt and quite frankly he didn't do well. Since then he has had only spot duty so its kind hard guage. I admit I had doubts, but did not write him off. Could he be the center of the running game for several games in row I'm not sure he could because he weighes only 195lbs. IMHO for him to be a every down back he'll have to add weight.

                        I can understand you thinking it was a pathetic way of eating crow, but that's because I did't intend it that way.
                        John 11: 25-27

                        My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                        Thanks Snk16

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Well

                          I do not recall saying if he went to another team, I would root for that team instead. I remember mentioning that I would root for him wherever he was as a player. However, I would always be rooting for the my "Broncos team". Do you know where the post was? It might clear up if I said what I particularly said. I have never been a team hopper.

                          Also the thing that gets me is people keep bringing in the Sooners because of the association with Quentin Griffin. Like on this post, people saying "F*uck the Sooners", "Quentin is not a Sooner anymore", "get over it" stupid stuff like that. That is so petty and lame. Like I said the post was not about the Sooners or a former Sooner. So why bring in the Sooners? The post was about a little Bronco RB that his own Bronco fans like to criticize him. I am glad all Bronco fans are not like that. I am not talking about one post in general but several.
                          Last edited by OklahomaSooners; 12-27-2003, 10:45 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Well

                            Originally posted by OklahomaSooners
                            I do not recall saying if he went to another team, I would root for that team instead. I remember mentioning that I would root for him wherever he was as a player. However, I would always be rooting for the my "Broncos team". Do you know where the post was? It might clear up if I said what I particularly said. I have never been a team hopper.

                            Also the thing that gets me is people keep bringing in the Sooners because of the association with Quentin Griffin. Like on this post, people saying "F*uck the Sooners", "Quentin is not a Sooner anymore", "get over it" stupid stuff like that. That is so petty and lame. Like I said the post was not about the Sooners or a former Sooner. So why bring in the Sooners? The post was about a little Bronco RB that his own Bronco fans like to criticize him. I am glad all Bronco fans are not like that. I am not talking about one post in general but several.
                            I don't remember what thread that was from, it really is not that big of deal to me anyway, I ask you don't recall either end of story, I am not trying to antagonize you.

                            As far as QG is concerned I don't feel that I have really ripped the guy. He does have loads of talent no question. He had a great game against the Colts and I hope he has solid game against the Packers as well. I going to leave at that and I apologize for offending you.
                            John 11: 25-27

                            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                            Thanks Snk16

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              No appology needed

                              It is not needed. I picked out a good quote from you txbronco from the beginning of the season on one of these post. My reply was not directed at you. One thing I was wanting to mention again was that I am very happy with the quality of backs the Broncos have, we can count on all of them if one should fall. Portis rocks, Griffin has great potential and Anderson is a plower. Also, I did not take what you said offensively. I have learnt, that if anyone posts anything about Quentin Griffin, they are sure to get some criticism. The bad thing is its from Broncos own fans usually, but all is good, thats how things work. Lets look forward to a good game and a win today. Go Broncos...........

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Quentin

                                Aww, I like Quentin too!
                                Jeremiah 29:11
                                BOOMER SOONER!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X