Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos 6 1/2 point dogs to the Packers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncofan303
    replied
    Re: Broncos 6 1/2 point dogs to the Packers???

Originally posted by BroncoCy
    I just read on ESPN.com that we are dogs by almost a TD against GB. Does this sound right to anyone? Granted, we probably will be resting a few guys this weekend but are the 10-6 playoff bound Broncos being slapped in the face by Vegas against the 9-6 on the edge of playoffs Packers??
    If that is the case, I would take the Broncos in this game...I really don't think this game means anything to the broncos because if all of the other things fall in to place and Broncos win, they will have to play in Baltimore again, and we don't wanna do that...With our game, if Packers do win, it'll probably be like by 3 or something..Shanny isn't going to lay down though..

Leave a comment:

• PLUMMERFAN16
    replied
    Originally posted by booher
    i bet we were the dogs going into indy too by alot..........but we have the third longest current win streak
    If I remember right, Indy was favored by 3 1/2 points over Denver last Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    i never listen to the vegas people. i feel they know just as much as i do when it comes to the predictions......NOTHING! i know more about the broncos than they do also, they dont spend their life following them.?

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    I'm afraid to say the Pack might win this one.

Broncos 10
    Packers 24

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied
    we shouldn't be favorite but...

on the road against a desperate team while we are resting players? they should be favorite but by 6 1/2 points? Three or 4 points sounds about right. remember denver is in ,green bay is not. this a playoff game for green bay, denver is gonna be working some plays for the playoffs. i still think denver can pull it off but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose by a FG.
    Last edited by bklynbronco; 12-26-2003, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hawaiian Bronco
    replied
    I don't know how emotionally spent Farve will be. He proved to the world last week that he's a competitor but with all that's happened he has to feel a bit drained. I've always respected him as a player.
    The game against Chicago has me worried about the weather. The Broncos looked like Miami at NE, they couldn't get anything going right. That hopefully was just the way the game went. If Weeds is right and the temp is in the 40s thats ok. If it is rainy, then the Broncos running game will be a bennifit. Just put on the 5/8" cleats and make sure to hold the ball. I always liked to play mudball
    The D should be able to handle the GB running game. The DBs got to step to the plate again and prove that last week was no fluke. I was really impressed not only with them but the entire team. I am suprised that Denver are 6 1/2 pt. underdogs. Emotions and playoff implications are the possible factors.

Leave a comment:

• TheGlue Factory
    replied
    Originally posted by weeds
    Don't for one minute believe that Shanahan is going to "rest" anyone that isn't too injured to play.

those of you calling the Broncs the likely AFC champs are apparantly doing a lot of some mighty cheap wine....
    Shanahan is going to rest the marginally injured players and the Broncos can be the AFC champs. It depends upon how the Broncos respond to each game. We've trounced Indy and KC - two of the "premiere" teams of the AFC and held the other AFC playoff teams (minus Ten.) to close games (some of those with our third string QB to boot.)

I don't think there's a team in the AFC that can best the Broncos IF the Broncos don't beat themselves. Will the Broncos win the AFC? Maybe. Will I be disappointed if the don't? Probably not, but at this point I think the Broncos are the strongest contender for the AFC title (again provided we don't beat ourselves and the other teams don't beat themselves.)

Leave a comment:

• weeds
    replied
    Not really. The pack are .500 at Lambeau this year and the weather sure isn't a factor in this one (incidentally, look for mid-40's and rain mixed with snow). Homefield advantage is generally recognized in the spread by 3 points.

If you look at the records close enough, you'll see that statistically, the Pack and Broncs are pretty evenly matched and the won/loss records are pretty close as well.

Truth be told, both teams are inconsistent at best ... both are "slightly above-average" teams - fringe playoff teams if you will. Now, granted "parity" has taken the lustre off of what we'd call a "great team" and added a little 'shine' to the slightly above average teams (that's us folks).

Don't for one minute believe that Shanahan is going to "rest" anyone that isn't too injured to play. He learned his lesson in '96 when the Broncs won AFC home field advantage race so early that he rested his players one week (co-incidentally against the Pack, who had also won home field early) and got his butt handed to him. As I recall, the Broncs didn't get past the first round. So...don't think for one minute that Green Bay isn't preparing to see the whole team from Denver.

Hoping for a good game and a Packer win on this one. However, this Packer team has blown enough "sure wins" where I won't be shattered if there is no playoffs for this team. They've dug their own grave as it were. On the same note folks ... those of you calling the Broncs the likely AFC champs are apparantly doing a lot of some mighty cheap wine....

Leave a comment:

• Pierce
    replied
    Re: Broncos 6 1/2 point dogs to the Packers???

Originally posted by BroncoCy
    I just read on ESPN.com that we are dogs by almost a TD against GB. Does this sound right to anyone? Granted, we probably will be resting a few guys this weekend but are the 10-6 playoff bound Broncos being slapped in the face by Vegas against the 9-6 on the edge of playoffs Packers??
    Playing in Lambeau is still a factor to respect.

Leave a comment:

• Arab Bronco
    replied
    it doesnt really matter man, analysts have written us as under dogs all season long, we've been proving them wrong.
    so how many points we're dogs by, or where our spot is on the power rankings doesnt matter at all at the end of a game, what matters is the scoreboard.

Vegas can put us down as 21 point underdogs for all i care.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoCy
    started a topic Broncos 6 1/2 point dogs to the Packers???

Broncos 6 1/2 point dogs to the Packers???

Working...
X