Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the NFL have a personal agenda against Kenoy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the NFL have a personal agenda against Kenoy?

Sure seems like it to me.

Because they want to promote high scoring games with long pass plays?

Most people and the NFL like to see a lot of points scored, not good rock-solid defense llike what the Broncos employ.

Points = $$$ and that's what it's all about. $$$

They're just haters.

Gene Washington was a punk when he played and is still a punk. He was a receiver too, hmmm. Just like someone said here. Alot of players have made it to the HOF doing what Kenoy did.

It wont stop other teams from thinking twice before they throw a pass his way though. He isn't the only the other teams have to think about in the playoffs either.
    Last edited by K'Noy_Kills; 12-26-2003, 11:37 AM.
    Take care of business Broncos.

Comment

is it that hard to just turn your shoulder kenoy? there is nothing hard about that. it saves 30 grand and 15 yards. he can lay all the guys out that he wants like that.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

It really seems like the NFL has taken a "Pansy" type of approach to the game. It was bad enough to implement "special" rules to protect the QB, but I could almost see their point on that one, but this crap has got to go. As far as Kenoy, I firmly believe that they actually watch every game that he plays in and look for anything to fine him for. The NFL seems to have forgotten what football is all about and how to play it. They just can't seem to appreciate a good solid "slobber knocker" when they see one. For that matter, they seem to not like a good clean tackle and think up stupid penalties. Kenoy is a Hitter and receivers fear him, as they should. What ever happened to a spearing penalty? It was not called very much in the past because players are taught not to lead with their helmet. Now they got this crap about helmet to helmet contact. Wake up NFL, that is why helmets are used in football. As long as it is not "spearing", let em play the game like is is supposed to be played and lay off of Kenoy and let him play his game. Use a little common (Or not so common) sense and realize that a guy cannot just stop in mid air or stop his momentum on a dime. Crap happens, get over it.

THE VANDAL.....................

Comment

Originally posted by vandal68
          It really seems like the NFL has taken a "Pansy" type of approach to the game. It was bad enough to implement "special" rules to protect the QB, but I could almost see their point on that one, but this crap has got to go. As far as Kenoy, I firmly believe that they actually watch every game that he plays in and look for anything to fine him for. The NFL seems to have forgotten what football is all about and how to play it. They just can't seem to appreciate a good solid "slobber knocker" when they see one. For that matter, they seem to not like a good clean tackle and think up stupid penalties. Kenoy is a Hitter and receivers fear him, as they should. What ever happened to a spearing penalty? It was not called very much in the past because players are taught not to lead with their helmet. Now they got this crap about helmet to helmet contact. Wake up NFL, that is why helmets are used in football. As long as it is not "spearing", let em play the game like is is supposed to be played and lay off of Kenoy and let him play his game. Use a little common (Or not so common) sense and realize that a guy cannot just stop in mid air or stop his momentum on a dime. Crap happens, get over it.

THE VANDAL.....................
          i hate to be the one to say this, but some of you are really acting like homers. the rule has been set for a long time now. plain as day, nobody says you cant cream a defensless reciever, they said you cant cream a defensless receiver with your HELMET! thy are not picking on kenoy, kenoy just didnt follow that rule! 30 grand for a late hit is steep i know that, but you guys really need to stop treating denver players above the rules, none of you said ANYTHING when fines were being handed out all season long to other teams players who done the same, but now that its kennedy, the league is picking on him??? c'mon now fellas.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

RETURN OF LAVA, I am dissapointed

Dude, I may not leave many posts, but I do read a lot of them and you of all seem to be pretty intelligent and knowledgable in what you are talking about. I have enjoyed reading your comments and look forward to your posts but I have a hard time with this one. Having played a little ball in my younger days in college, I was taught to not only hit and drive, but to wrap up as well. For Kenoy to consciously try to "turn his shoulder" when he hits or tackles someone, is going to take him out of his game. I for one get frustrated when you see a DB or anyone for that matter, make a hit and not wrap up and the ball carrier gets away and runs downfield. As a football player, you are taught to keep your head up and make a tackle. You cannot possibly tackle someone and not somewhat lean with your head. The human body cannot work that way, if you lean forward your head is going to go first, regardless. It sounds easy to just turn your shoulder before contact, but it is not. I am sure that you for one have watched ball carriers get away from tackles because they did not wrap up or make a solid hit. In order to make a solid tackle, you got to go "head up", maybe, hopefully, the NFL will soon realize that as well.

THE VANDAL...............................

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
              is it that hard to just turn your shoulder kenoy? there is nothing hard about that. it saves 30 grand and 15 yards. he can lay all the guys out that he wants like that.
              dude, shut up.

damn.

You get on the field with him.
              Take care of business Broncos.

Comment

Re: RETURN OF LAVA, I am dissapointed

Originally posted by vandal68
                Dude, I may not leave many posts, but I do read a lot of them and you of all seem to be pretty intelligent and knowledgable in what you are talking about. I have enjoyed reading your comments and look forward to your posts but I have a hard time with this one. Having played a little ball in my younger days in college, I was taught to not only hit and drive, but to wrap up as well. For Kenoy to consciously try to "turn his shoulder" when he hits or tackles someone, is going to take him out of his game. I for one get frustrated when you see a DB or anyone for that matter, make a hit and not wrap up and the ball carrier gets away and runs downfield. As a football player, you are taught to keep your head up and make a tackle. You cannot possibly tackle someone and not somewhat lean with your head. The human body cannot work that way, if you lean forward your head is going to go first, regardless. It sounds easy to just turn your shoulder before contact, but it is not. I am sure that you for one have watched ball carriers get away from tackles because they did not wrap up or make a solid hit. In order to make a solid tackle, you got to go "head up", maybe, hopefully, the NFL will soon realize that as well.

THE VANDAL...............................
                ok, i see what your sayin, but it goes like this. on kennedy's hit, he didnt wrap up anyway, wayne was defensless and would have went down with any hit. i agree it is best to wrap when the carrier is fully aware and lookin at you, but when the receiver goes to catch, he cant see kennedy, which is the perfect oppourtunity for a big hit. kenoy did everything right up until he got there, when he got there he kinda ducked his head and went for the big blow, he only has to change one thing, and thats instead of ducking the head, turn the shoulder. its really not that hard to lead with the shoulder, you know exactly where the wr is when you duck your head, you would know where he is when your turn your shoulder.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I remember the days of the GREAT Steve Atwater. Sometimes when he was going to make a hit, his only intent was to seperate the receiver from the ball and leave the man thinking, "damn, I dont ever want to deal with him again". How would Steve fair with some of these rules now and what does he think about them now. Atwater made a living on "lighting people up" with devistating hits, not turning his shoulders to them. Kenoy is just playing like Atwater did and it is refreshing to watch. Keep up the good work Kenoy.

THE VANDAL............................

Comment

It's all about protecting players...last season they showed the best of Ronnie Lott and that guy just used that helmet like it was his favorite hat against WRs....so I blame him for his influence on that hitting style.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

If you watch the hit over you will see it was not a legal hit.

He did not have helmet to helmet contact...but he was leading with his helmet - Also known as spearing. Which has been illegal forever.

Spearing is illegal...was a good call. The fine might be steep though.

But 30k might just get him to lead with the shoulder not the helmet.

Comment

I kinda agree with lava

anytime your helmet goes first they are going to fine ya. as corny as that sounds the league does not want players to use the helmet as a weapon. was it a questionable hit? yeah. he wasn't leaning into the player with his helmet nor was it a helmet to helmet hit. yet when the league sees the helmet come first they tend to make examples of certain plays and players. let alone kennoy has a rep of this from last year. i knew it as soon as i saw the hit he would get the fine so nobody should be surprise about that. at least he's not getting suspended like last year.
                        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

hitting with the helmet can really jar somebody's brain, and that is NOT what football is about. a shoulder hit can still lay you out so we should use the shoulder more for entertainment + safety purposes.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

It was an illegal hit, but Joe Horn must be wondering why he got fined $30K for using a cell phone, and Kenoy got the same fine for knocking the PI$$ outta Reggie Wayne. If I was Horn, I'd take some kinda legal action and get the Player's Assciation involved.

Comment

NFL definately has an agenda when it comes to Kenoy Kennedy. They have consistently fined him for questionable hits and have let other, more reputable players, get by without a second look. I am not sure what their infatuation with him is...Kenoy is not an inherently dirty player. I personally think, they don't like the idea of another Atwater back there....
                              Originally posted by boltzpride619
                              What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                              True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Working...
                              X