Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the NFL have a personal agenda against Kenoy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't think the hit was illegal when it happened and I still don't. However, when a player gets a reputation then refs will flag them even if seems questionable. Kenoy was not late on that hit, what got him into trouble was the was way he brought his head. For is own safety I would like to see him change that, because I think he could still be hitter. Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater are very good examples of guys who could make a big hit with their shoulders.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

imagine sitting at your comp when somebody comes and smacks you in the back of the head with a pot. a defensless receiver cant see you and hitting wit your helmet is just dangerous.
      Last edited by Return of Lava; 12-26-2003, 06:03 PM.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I honestly don't see the connection Lava.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by vandal68
          It really seems like the NFL has taken a "Pansy" type of approach to the game. It was bad enough to implement "special" rules to protect the QB, but I could almost see their point on that one, but this crap has got to go. As far as Kenoy, I firmly believe that they actually watch every game that he plays in and look for anything to fine him for. The NFL seems to have forgotten what football is all about and how to play it. They just can't seem to appreciate a good solid "slobber knocker" when they see one. For that matter, they seem to not like a good clean tackle and think up stupid penalties. Kenoy is a Hitter and receivers fear him, as they should. What ever happened to a spearing penalty? It was not called very much in the past because players are taught not to lead with their helmet. Now they got this crap about helmet to helmet contact. Wake up NFL, that is why helmets are used in football. As long as it is not "spearing", let em play the game like is is supposed to be played and lay off of Kenoy and let him play his game. Use a little common (Or not so common) sense and realize that a guy cannot just stop in mid air or stop his momentum on a dime. Crap happens, get over it.

THE VANDAL.....................

Not that you are not making a good point as I agree that good hits are the back bone of the NFL.

Unfortunately when very few other players are giving it that type of intensity he stands out. I'm glad he plays for us!!!

That said, there does need to be a line draw so as to insure minimum life threating hits. Hence: Daryl Stingly was paralyzed for life by a Jack Tatum hit.

I do not agree that Kenoys hit was that bad I agree that the families of our intense entertainers need to be looked out for ...not by a pansy WR but by a group of veterens who have the heart for the game. ****Butkus comes to mind.

Thanks Kenoy!! May your hits always be intense!!!
          This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            I honestly don't see the connection Lava.
            lol you know like unsuspecting person, then getting smashed in the head with solid object. like a helmet to helmet.... ok ill find another example.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

No need.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

AMEN

I remember the days of the GREAT Steve Atwater. Sometimes when he was going to make a hit, his only intent was to seperate the receiver from the ball and leave the man thinking, "damn, I dont ever want to deal with him again". ... Kenoy is just playing like Atwater did and it is refreshing to watch. Keep up the good work Kenoy.
                Simply Beautiful.

Atwater definetly belongs in the
                Ring of Fame

Comment

kenoys fine

i would just like to say kenoy got fined for a pefctly good hit.
                  if you watch the replay you 'll see his head hit's Mr.wayne
                  in the rt shoulder and his rt shoulder pad is what hits wayne in the grille.... just another lousy call by the refs.

anyway it's old news now

i love the raised intensity level the Broncos played with

c'mon Broncos

Comment

I remember the days of the GREAT Steve Atwater. Sometimes when he was going to make a hit, his only intent was to seperate the receiver from the ball and leave the man thinking, "damn, I dont ever want to deal with him again". How would Steve fair with some of these rules now and what does he think about them now. Atwater made a living on "lighting people up" with devistating hits, not turning his shoulders to them. Kenoy is just playing like Atwater did and it is refreshing to watch. Keep up the good work Kenoy.

THE VANDAL............................
                    Atwater would probably fair very well because he was not in the habit of lowering his head. Atwater was a better tackler and knack of knowing when he could light someone up.

That being said I think Kenoy has a lot of the same tools, the fine he received for the hit on Wayne imo was wrong. But the thing he needs to learn is not to lower his head when he go for the big hit. He runs as big of risk of doing himself harm as the guy he's trying to blow up.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I not Winslow fan but I don't want him or anyone else for that matter to get hurt.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

AGENDA

So where is the 15 yard penalty and a 30,000 fine on # 20 for HIS helmet to helmet on Ed McAffery?????????? I'm tellin ya, NFL does not like Pat Bowlen. They display this with their unfair officiating and decisions against the Broncos. This hit was TEN TIMES AS BAD as the hit Kenoy put on Reggie Wayne. WHERE IS THE FLAG?????????

There is an agenda. NFL does not want the Broncos to succeed. There is a double standard. Green Bay has gone UNFLAGGED for at least 6 holds that I could count where I sit. GB 0 penalties. I think that says it all.
                        Originally posted by boltzpride619
                        What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                        True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

The NFL is turning into the G*DDAMN NBA. Freakin popularity contest. Brett Favre and his Packers get NO PENALTIES CALLED on them because they are at home??? No helmet to helmet???? Give me an Fing break. David Stern should be the commissioner.
                          Originally posted by boltzpride619
                          What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                          True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Working...
                          X