History Lesson!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History Lesson!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't we sit out some of our starters a few years ago going to the playoffs? That is correct if I remember right...Anyway, we ended up losing our first game to Jacksonville when we were Super Bowl favorites that year. I think it was a mistake to sit out our key players, and history has shown that I may be right. I guess only time will tell...
    I hate the Raiders

we also had homefield locked up by week 13 that season, very different from where we are now.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Shanahan should've sat the defense too.

Comment

I support that opinion!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

he had to play somebody though... what is the minumum number of active players 46 /48?

Comment

Originally posted by sportsgeist
            Shanahan should've sat the defense too.
            YES he should have....letting our defense get beat up all game is a bunch of bs. If Shanny was serious about winning the game, he would have started Jake, because we have no chance without him.

Letting our D stay on the field all game is stupid. Like they need to be softened up for the Colts. They should of gave every single starter the week off if they were going to sit people, because we realistically are not a team that can compete without our filed general (Jake) why risk other important players???? We can't win. Ed could have been paralyzed with that illegal hit....Kanell and Jackson are hanging reciver's out to dry...O line should have the game off, Defense as well, our secondary is in trouble...if we take another hit (injury) to our secondary....we are in BIG trouble...for a game that is MEANINGLESS.
            Originally posted by boltzpride619
            What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
            True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

I'm glad to see Holland back today.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Maybe Mike just figures our "D" will hardly be on the field next week again... who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                  Maybe Mike just figures our "D" will hardly be on the field next week again... who knows?
                  Let's hope so....
                  What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

Comment

Gah! Even though I know a lot of people have said that logistically, it's better if we lose this game, I just can't make myself accept it. I want a win!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_chick
                      Gah! Even though I know a lot of people have said that logistically, it's better if we lose this game, I just can't make myself accept it. I want a win!
                      Shanny has accpted the fact that this game is meaningless...not playing Jake gives us virtually no chance at winning. Our defense is doing all it can to keep us in the game...FOR WHAT?? Let's give them a pass (the rest of the game off) as well.

Comment

Everyone is saying the defense should've sat out as well...I think they did (in their mind anyway)... and Ahmed Green can attest to that!
                        I hate the Raiders

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdGeneration
                          Everyone is saying the defense should've sat out as well...I think they did (in their mind anyway)... and Ahmed Green can attest to that!
                          The performance of the defense should be no surprise. Shanny told the whole team he didn't care about this game when he sat out the starting offense.

We better hope this apathy doesn't carry over to next week.

Regardless of whether the game counted or not, no team should be playing as pathetic as we are today.
                          sigpic

Comment

That's why I'm not a fan of sitting out players before the playoffs. It might be "smarter" because you can't win with key players out, but to me some of the most the most important things a team can have is mommentum and pride and we lost both today. You can't play the game scared....would you not go to the grocery store just because you MIGHT get in a wreck. Obviously I'm comparing apples and oranges, but I'm just scared we lost more than the game today...but like I said in the original post only time will tell, and let's just hope for the best!
                            I hate the Raiders

Comment

we are hoping for the best , but backing into the play off's is crap!

Comment

Working...
                              X