tanked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tanked

We are die-hard Bronco fans that live in Wisconsin and we were very insulted that the Broncos tanked the game to the Packers today!! It's hard enough being a Bronco fan in Packerland and now we have to listen to the obnoxious Packer fans gloat over this undeserved win!! We are very disappointed that the Broncos didn't even give them a game! It probably also took the edge off the roll they could have been on going into the Play-offs!
    We love the Broncos, but this is hard to stomach!!

I don't see how any good Packer fan could gloat over a win like this. Yes they dominated but look at situation Denver was in. They needed the win, we didn't and it showed in the effort on the field.
    Packer fans should be happy with their good fortune today and move on.
    "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkBronco
      I don't see how any good Packer fan could gloat over a win like this.
      seriously! you have nothing to worry about. if they brag you can smack them down easily by pointing out that they played our second string.
      sigpic
      go broncos
      share the sidewalk
      liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by booher
        no it's not
        OMG Booher. I cant believe you act like that, not even caring about the Broncos loss today. Were you even rooting for them today while you were sitting on your couch watching the game? Or were you going man I dont care if we get killed in todays game, ohh I dont care if Ahman Green runs all over our defense. Do you even care about PRIDE. We lost today 31-3. We barely made an effort to win and that is what makes me most mad. You would not believe how I act during a Broncos game. Even with my broken leg that I have right now I was still standing up trying not to jump up and down rooting for my team. I apologize for every thing negative I have said towards you because you are a fellow Bronco fan.

Comment

They should be off kissing the feet of the few Cardinals fans left in the world.
          Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23
            Do you even care about PRIDE. We lost today 31-3.
            there is no pride lost in letting another team win a meaningless game.
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk
            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

I don't see how any good Packer fan could gloat over a win like this. Yes they dominated but look at situation Denver was in. They needed the win, we didn't and it showed in the effort on the field.
              Are you kindin me?!There would be NO playoffs for GB without this win.I'm sure they are very happy we didn't paly our starters.
              "annoy a liberal, work, suceeed, and be happy"

Comment

this loss was totally predictable... it shouldnt really surprise or upset anyone. The 150 yards rushing by Ahman Green in 2 rushes should be a concern though.

Comment

Shanny really outdid himself by prepping for the playoffs with an effort like that. Doesn't he know that momentum counts for something? Silly Shanny.

Comment

I guess he felt having healthy players for the playoffs is more important than a meaningless game in GB.
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

meaningless??

So, let me get this straight, if it's meaningless, there's no use winning?! You are obviously not a Bronco fan living in Packerland. It was very meaningful to us, the fans, and I can't believe that a team would purposefully not play well just to rest players for the next game!! Why play the game, why not just forfeit and save everyone the bother of playing and possibly getting hurt!!

I'm insulted!!

Comment

Originally posted by CHIEF5
                        this loss was totally predictable... it shouldnt really surprise or upset anyone. The 150 yards rushing by Ahman Green in 2 rushes should be a concern though.
                        It's nice to see chef fans so concerned about our run defense. But do you really think we used any defensive formations in this last game we are gonna use on Manning next week? I doubt it. If anything this game is gonna throw Indy off when they don't see ANY of the plays we used this last game on them. Offense or Defense.

Comment

Re: meaningless??

Originally posted by steiner
                          So, let me get this straight, if it's meaningless, there's no use winning?! You are obviously not a Bronco fan living in Packerland. It was very meaningful to us, the fans, and I can't believe that a team would purposefully not play well just to rest players for the next game!! Why play the game, why not just forfeit and save everyone the bother of playing and possibly getting hurt!!

I'm insulted!!
                          Gosh dude calm down, what are you mad for, cause we didnt win? we wouldnt have gained anything, and the possibility of losing a starter hurts real bad since we already have backups starting. relax, our starters are fresh now, ready to play an important playoff game, momentum is overrated since each game is separate, and we play the colts again, life should be easy right now.......until sunday.
                          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: meaningless??

Originally posted by steiner
                            I can't believe that a team would purposefully not play well just to rest players for the next game!! Why play the game, why not just forfeit and save everyone the bother of playing and possibly getting hurt!!

I'm insulted!!
                            They didn't "purposefully not play well." They just didn't play a bunch of their starters. The guys that were in there played hard and wanted to win.

The situation just didn't warrant playing guys that could use the rest for a good playoff run. Jake, Portis, Neil, Rod, Shannon and Droughns have all been banged up at various times this season and, I'm sure, were grateful for a little R&R. Pulling more starters in the second half was also a chance to rest them while getting other guys some playing time who normally don't get a lot.
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by CHIEF5
                              Agreed on the first point. As soon as JJ was announced as the starting QB I new it was the Broncos first preseason game of 2004.

The 150 Green got on 2 plays was against our backups. I'm not concerned about our run D just yet. If E. James can do the same in the first half of next weeks game then (and ONLY then) will I be concerned.

Comment

Working...
                              X