Toss the Game?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toss the Game?!

i live in green bay-- (so take that into account)
    around week 6 this season when minn was going 6-0 and Gb was like 2-4 or w\e i had a friend bet me 5\1 odds that the packs would take there div lead at the end of the season... so im like "no way" and took it on a 20 (ie: i lose i owe 20 i win i win 100)
    so up until this week ive been thinking things are goinging real well and im winning by a hair at this point(both teams tie records and w\e)

basicly broncos tossed this game becouse there afraid of getting injurys- personaly i thought i was nice to see there practice squad out on the field but seriously when they fell behind 14-0 in the first half they should have put there damn starters in, just to keep the game fun\competitive, what do u guys think of ur teams game this week?

i think what they did was unperfesional and a complete waist of money for people who payed to see the game and was a show of bad taste\ coaching

its called perfesionalism -- your head coach should look it up some time.

It's called an unofficial bye week. Hey it sucks not to see the starters, 1st ever game I went to Elway got yanked in the 1st quarter cause we had home field wrapped up already. But i still had a good time. Also look at Tampa and Raider fans tell me there games were interesting with the starters in and nothing to play for so which is worse.

Comment

It was a garbage game. I believe it was two years ago, the NFC had the seeds alrweady set. Tampa was playing at Philly in the first round, but in week 17 Philly was playing in Tampa. A garbage game for both teams, but you had to put players ouot there and play it still. Denver basically put bodies on the field and waited for the game to be over. Would have been nice if the backups did more, but they were playing for nithing, while GB was playing for everything.

Next week should be a totally different kind of game vs INDY
      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I can't believe all the crap Denver is getting from talk show hosts right now because of Shanny sitting down his injured players and resting his 1st teamers...

Sharpe needed the rest and I think the Packers were going to win regardless.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I sure hope so boo

Comment

Originally posted by booher
            colts 0 -5 as division champs in the playoffs back to 1970...........
            Nice research....we need more useless info like that!

Comment

bah.. what u need is to win games for me... but u already blew that ....

Comment

saw that ESPN stat.

Screw the talk show hosts, we sat our guys they complain, if we played them in a meaningless game they would compain.

"You are facing a physical colts team, why are you risking your players in GB when you know you have to play all your games on the road?"

You can't win either way, they will always find something to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by darkmatter
                  bah.. what u need is to win games for me... but u already blew that ....
                  huh? take me to your leader?!?

Comment

lol just upset u guys lost is all-- lol just have peace of mind that ur 2nd strings are better then gb's lol doug peterson sucks bad-- and krage (or however its spelled) knoll never gets to play <mvp of europe league i think< .. so upsetting

Comment

Quit your b!tching, and thank god that we DID play our "practice squad". Your team probably would have gotten beat if we had unleashed the starters on you. Just be glad you made the "second season". Oh, and send you THANK YOU cards to Invesco Field.

Comment

Originally posted by darkmatter
                        lol just upset u guys lost is all-- lol just have peace of mind that ur 2nd strings are better then gb's lol doug peterson sucks bad-- and krage (or however its spelled) knoll never gets to play <mvp of europe league i think< .. so upsetting
                        I think you need to step away from the computer, drop the beer and go to bed....talk to ya tomorrow.

Comment

Did u read above u idiot... i WANTED GB TO LOSE!

im upset with ur team for losing to them -- fricken 2nd sting... i was swearing at my tv in front of liek 10 family members when i saw it... who the hell tosses the game b4 a playoff game-- only broncos... damn lol

Comment

5 players sat the start....

Originally posted by DieWithMileHigh
                            It's called an unofficial bye week. Hey it sucks not to see the starters, 1st ever game I went to Elway got yanked in the 1st quarter cause we had home field wrapped up already. But i still had a good time. Also look at Tampa and Raider fans tell me there games were interesting with the starters in and nothing to play for so which is worse.
                            I heard 5 players sat the start. The defense was using the starters most of the game and special teams was the same. What happened to the defense? I don't want to hear this crap about a preseason type game and Denver giving up that many yards to GB. The reason is if Plummer goes down so do the Broncos. We had proof of that today, but we (Denver) had a 1st string defense most of the game!

Comment

Our offense usually controls the ball for over 30 mins a game so our defense isn't on the field that much, Spencer was getting his first start on "D", they should have played better, I don't think their heart was in it.

On "O" we had Dan Neil, Portis, Sharpe, Smith, and Plummer out.

Comment

Working...
                              X