Boss Hog-Terrell Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRONCODAVY
    To me Terrell is and stays the best RB I've ever seen on the field, but we have to be realistic, will he ever be fit enough to get back to his old level off gameplay, if so, he has to come back, if not he should stay off and help train the upcoming backs.

He is the man with the greatest hart in the game called football, guys.

RESPECT

Davy
    With all due respect, my friend, it would seem that you haven't seen very many running backs play.

I doubt if he would break into the top 30 of running backs I have seen play.

Comment

Re: Re: Boss Hog-Terrell Davis

Originally posted by Aardwolf
      OMG!!! Give it a rest! TD was washed up nearly 5 years ago. Time to move on like realistic fans did years ago.
      Aardwolf are you really a Bronco fan? Dam you don't like anybody or any of our great team players huh? you're awfully unhappy maybe if I come in everyday and say mornin to you, it'll help you put a smile on your face dam you'll need it. A smile a day will keep the wrinkles away, if it's not to late :p here let me give you this smile now be happy. Terrell is not washed up ok he was hurt by that vicious Romanowski who's gonna get his agree with me he's gonna get his cause he even tried to take Clinton out. Aard be happy and glad it wasn't you.
      Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

Comment

IT's ALL ABOUT SMILES

With all due respect, my friend, it would seem that you haven't seen very many running backs play.

Aard me again but you're wrong the only two who havn't came up to him is Holmes and Portis, Portis will be as good as TD but that comes with time like TD, all CP has to do is be on the field!!!!! Now on the other hand PH can be on the field and not get a hundred or break near a hundred more time than once, and I'm proud to say we were one of the teams that shut him down and the whole KC team, alas KC knows they really don't want to come here this time the same running backs you've seen play I have to and the only one I can think of is Knottingham the Fullback for Miami Dolphins in his day he was one of the best fullbacks coming out of the backfield and I'm sure you still wish your favorites were playing too. I've knocked your 30 to 29 and I don't have all day to run the other 29 down to ya. Oh and before I forget Brian Greise's father was the quarterback for Miami and he was the best there was. Knottingham best dam fullback coming out of that backfield as a matter of fact compare any of them OG's record with TD and see what you come up with I think you know huh? Portis in anyones time would still be the best runningback with a little time on his schedule makes for a dam good RB in the NFL. sm0000000000ches.
        Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

Comment

Give me a break dude. In his short career, he had a 2000 yard season and got 2 Super Bowl rings and dominated the NFL for a good four year stretch.
          Originally posted by boltzpride619
          What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
          True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by portisistheman
            Give me a break dude. In his short career, he had a 2000 yard season and got 2 Super Bowl rings and dominated the NFL for a good four year stretch.
            In reality, the DOMINANT running back during that 4 year period (95-98) was Barry Sanders, NOT Terrell Davis. Barry Sanders was the player everyone was talking about. Terrell Davis was the talk of the town in Denver but Barry Sanders was the talk of the LEAGUE. Davis was a relative unknown to many ordinary fans.

Sanders won two of his four NFL Rushing titles in that four year period while Davis only won it one time, the same as Bobby Humphrey and Floyd Little.

I have a real hard time with the notion that a guy that wins just one NFL Rushing title is Hall of Fame material, especially if he only plays a short time. A one time rushing champ is more of a flash in the pan than anything. A good player? Sure! But an All-Time Great? Not really! Resume is a little too thin!

Comment

Originally posted by portisistheman
              I have found that it is best to ignore wolfie. He's not a Broncos fan and puts down everyone if they happen to think something different than him. Look at the rest of the message board he does not come around very often and when he has lately he get ignored because he such an irratating person. Btw, be careful, sometimes he'll go back and change something you wrote so he can put you down.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Re: IT's ALL ABOUT SMILES

Originally posted by goodluv4Broncos
                Aard me again but you're wrong the only two who havn't came up to him is Holmes and Portis, Portis will be as good as TD but that comes with time like TD, all CP has to do is be on the field!!!!! Now on the other hand PH can be on the field and not get a hundred or break near a hundred more time than once, and I'm proud to say we were one of the teams that shut him down and the whole KC team, alas KC knows they really don't want to come here this time the same running backs you've seen play I have to and the only one I can think of is Knottingham the Fullback for Miami Dolphins in his day he was one of the best fullbacks coming out of the backfield and I'm sure you still wish your favorites were playing too. I've knocked your 30 to 29 and I don't have all day to run the other 29 down to ya. Oh and before I forget Brian Greise's father was the quarterback for Miami and he was the best there was. Knottingham best dam fullback coming out of that backfield as a matter of fact compare any of them OG's record with TD and see what you come up with I think you know huh? Portis in anyones time would still be the best runningback with a little time on his schedule makes for a dam good RB in the NFL. sm0000000000ches.
                goodluv, wolf is a waste of good bandwidth. He enjoys looking down on other people and he is not fan of the Broncos just an irratant.
                Last edited by TXBRONC; 11-20-2003, 04:57 PM.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Lets see ya post 30 RBs better than TD.

This Arrrrdwack is really annoying must not see much football. Arrrrdddwack you post 30 RBs better than TD. then will see who is talking smack. TD is Hall of Fame material he played 7 years. He has 7 or 8 100 yard postseason games, League and SuperBowl MVP, 2008 yard rusher, 2 time back to back Superbowl winner, and an intregal component of Bronco history, and NFL history. That makes you part of the Hall Of Fame: Famous Players - which excelled on the playing field.
                  Any of the 30 RBs you post except barry Sanders will be hard pressed to match that resume - and any and most who do will be aready in Canton or headed there.

Comment

Re: Lets see ya post 30 RBs better than TD.

Originally posted by DieHard
                    This Arrrrdwack is really annoying must not see much football. Arrrrdddwack you post 30 RBs better than TD. then will see who is talking smack. TD is Hall of Fame material he played 7 years. He has 7 or 8 100 yard postseason games, League and SuperBowl MVP, 2008 yard rusher, 2 time back to back Superbowl winner, and an intregal component of Bronco history, and NFL history. That makes you part of the Hall Of Fame: Famous Players - which excelled on the playing field.
                    Any of the 30 RBs you post except barry Sanders will be hard pressed to match that resume - and any and most who do will be aready in Canton or headed there.
                    I agree with you that TD belongs in the Canton. If Lynn Swann can get in with meger number he put up in ten year career, Terrell should get consideration at some point in time. Terrell wont get in his first year of candidacy but eventually I think he'll get in.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                    X